Voice Acting - Discuss Here

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I just wanted to say:
I hate my mic, and every other mic I've been able to get my hands on other than one that has gone missing.

I hate all of the ambient noise in my house.

I hate the laws of physics that make everything go to hell whenever I say something with a th, s or p.

I hate the planes that overfly my house, the trains down the hill, and all of the things that make noise.

I'm working on my lines ... very, very hard.
Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

:-D, good for you! Let me know if you want our sound guys to review a sample of your new lines.

-Gelo
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

Jonas wrote:Actually we got a pretty good coverage of American accents. We even have a German one. The only thing we really need is a Japanese accent - and possibly one or two more females depending on how many accents our current 3 female VA's can cover.
While this comment was made almost 2 years ago, is it still valid? As really all I can do is an English and possibly an Australian accent. And some stupid ones like retarded French and New Zealand. If I can dig out the old microphone I might give it a go, what types of samples were you looking for? Just ranges of accents?
Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

Just record a range of emotions and accents; choose the ones you feel you can do the best. Send it in and we'll look over it. But keep in mind, we have pretty high quality benchmarks so make sure your equipment is good.

-Gelo
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

chris the cynic wrote: I hate all of the ambient noise in my house.
Grab a copy of Adobe Soundbooth - it has an automatic ambient noise removal feature and also graphical display of the sound file, which lets you cut out specific noises. It's very awesome.
loony636
UNATCO

Post by loony636 »

Moonbo wrote:Just record a range of emotions and accents; choose the ones you feel you can do the best. Send it in and we'll look over it. But keep in mind, we have pretty high quality benchmarks so make sure your equipment is good.

-Gelo
I've got some fairly high quality microphones at home. When I get a chance, I might just do some recording.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

SnipaMasta wrote:Grab a copy of Adobe Soundbooth - it has an automatic ambient noise removal feature and also graphical display of the sound file, which lets you cut out specific noises. It's very awesome.
No don't, we have sound techs for that sort of work. But we still need relatively clean samples to get a good audio quality out of the end product.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bananaSkill
Thug

Post by bananaSkill »

Hi there,
sorry for bumping this old one but

are you guys stil looking for voice actors at this stage ?
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Indeed we are. If you're interested, please send (or link us to) some samples. You can email them to TNM(AT)offtopicproductions(DOT)com
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
bananaSkill
Thug

Post by bananaSkill »

i'll record some new ones tomorrow :)
User
Mole Person

Post by User »

Hi!

I see from your website that voice-acting is some way off before it will be complete. I'm just wondering if you have a lot of small extra voice parts to fill?

If so: have you considered using some sort of synthetic speech software to fill in all the little bits and pieces very quickly? The quality isn't too bad nowadays and it might fit the "digital" theme of the mod?

Just a suggestion!

User
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Unfortunately, the quality isn't nearly as good as it would need to be to fit the rest of the characters. Although we HAVE used it for one of the ingame AIs!

The voice acting isn't actually as far behind at it appears on the site. Look out for a big jump this week :-)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

*Faints*
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bananaSkill
Thug

Post by bananaSkill »

:)
Azure
Mole Person

Post by Azure »

I'm glad things are still going well for this. ^_^ Just caught the last vid always nice to hear Rina.