Bizzaro World

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You know Cid, I'm sure there are plenty of ways to insult me and hurt my feelings, but proper insults need at least a grain of truth in them, blatant fabrication doesn't really work. There's not actually anything in your post that strikes anywhere close to home, you're just making all that stuff up, aren't you? :roll:

Note that TNM pokes fun of almost everybody in the DX community, including myself. Many people are represented by actual in-game characters which are used to poke friendly fun of them, you yourself simply appear as a name on a texture, nothing more.

Although I know you will take none of this to heart, I am none-the-less compelled to point out that it was you who several years ago exclaimed with great bravado that you would never give up your work on your Power & Love mod before it was finished, and that you would basically dedicate your entire life to reinvigorate the Deus Ex community. Seeing how your mod is now run by another person with basically no input from yourself, I find it hilariously ironic that you accuse me of not working on my mod.

If you believe I never put in any work on TNM, allow me to challenge you with one of your own favourite catch-phrases: I demand proof :lol:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Waever

Post by Trestkon »

My friends, today is a happy day. For El-Cid once again walks among us! Our lives have been bereft of insults based on imaginary information and scathing remarks about our evil natures. Let us rejoice at his return!

I shall now address some of Sir Cid's points, because it amuses me greatly.
El_Cid wrote:You hardly ever worked to finish your mod, which you have failed to finish so far. You declared you began working 5 years ago, and you cannot even produce all the maps.
You are quite correct, we are clearly substandard and crappy. In fact, we have decided to abandon TNM and become monks in order to atone for our great sins.
El_Cid wrote:Don't know about the others, but you and Trestkon are obviously afraid of me. When I declared that I needed staff to produce a mod you and Trestkon began to defame me to prevent me from succeeding.
So true. I'm afraid that even you do not know the lengths to which we went to destroy you and your work. It shames me to admit that we actually hired a team of highly skilled spin artists who's job it was to ensure the failure of your mod and the defamation of your character. We were also responsible for that large emu that guarded your computer, preventing you from working on your mod.
El_Cid wrote:Your mod may never be finished, or finished by 2010
There you have it, folks, TNM shall never be released. Go back to your houses and weep for your loss.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
El_Cid
Thug

Post by El_Cid »

Jonas, I know you are childish and therefore won't understand, but unlike yourself, I'm an adult person, and that means I must work/study, so I cannot spend too much time lecturing a person who is not willing to work. If you want to continue writing rubbish, please do so - just don't be surprised that PDXF is used by so few people.

Every sentence I have written is true, and if you want proof, just read the posts YOU have written.

I don't doubt you and your colleagues will now work for years to finish the mod - who wouldn't like to produce an offensive program?

I have played DX since December 2000, and still do so now, though nowadays, because I must work/study everyday I cannot as much time doing so as I did 2 years ago.

But please continue writing rubbish like 'you're making that stuff up'. You will, however, be told someday by someone other than me that you are arrogant.

Jonas, if you would like to kill me, you should try personally. Or are you so afraid that you won't?

This is the last post, I realise Trestkon will soon ban me like Sargasm did.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

My dear Cid, I have no intentions of banning you. In fact, I encourage you to post more often, it makes my life much more interesting.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

El_Cid wrote:Jonas, if you would like to kill me, you should try personally. Or are you so afraid that you won't?
Well I don't know about you, Cid, but I'm not really a murderer, you know? I don't particularly fancy going to jail for the rest of my life over some bile you've thrown up all over my forum.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

El Cid, initially I was going to ban you since your post was inevitably going to cause a flame war but it occurs to me that it is likely to be a hilarious flame war so I will not.

You are right, it is childish to make fun of you in the way the people at PDX do however it is equally childish to get worked up about it.

The intention is to have a good laugh at your expense, not to offend you. Most people would assume that after you get banned from posting in a forum you would stop reading it and as such can freely post about you.

Challenging Jonas to mortal combat is both hilarious and not really appropriate. Please refrain from doing so.
Vavrek
UNATCO

Post by Vavrek »

that guy wrote: Challenging Jonas to mortal combat is both hilarious and not really appropriate. Please do so more often.
Hilarity trumps inappropriateness.
fox
X-51

Post by fox »

Vavrek wrote: Hilarity trumps inappropriateness.
Proof: Monthy Python

...and they also brought us just the perfect song for situations like this, El_Cid:

If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten,
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps.
Just purse your lips and whistle. That's the thing.
And...

Always look on the bright side of life.
[whistling]
Always look on the right side of life,
[whistling]

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin.
Give the audience a grin.
Enjoy it. It's your last chance, anyhow.
So,...

Always look on the bright side of death,
[whistling]
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
[whistling]

Life's a piece of shit,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke. It's true.
You'll see it's all a show.
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.
And...

Always look on the bright side of life.
[whistling]

I love it!

Edit: This was not meant to insult. I don't even know much about you but your posts in this forum seem to be full of hate and frustration. I think you take this hole modding and DX-stuff far too seriously. After all it's meant to be fun and cool, right?
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Can I just say: WELCOME BACK!

Cid, I don't care if you think we're all a bunch of cliquey bastards, the fact remains, we absolutely LOVE you. You're awesome.

You're far more of a legend than any of us will ever be. Seriously.

So I sincerly hope you'll stick around: believe me, no one will ban you, this isn't that kind of forum (unless you link to tubgirl, or similar).

Anyway, yeah: good to have you back! :D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

DDL wrote:we absolutely LOVE you.
Uh, speak for yourself, DDL. I don't hate Cid, but I wouldn't exactly say I love him either, given his persistent attempts to insult me and his occasional threats to end my life...
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
DDL

Post by DDL »

This is the internet, Jonas!

The place where death threats are synonymous with 'I value you'.

He wouldn't be threatening to kill you if he didn't feel you were important. :D

He never threatened to kill me.. :(
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hahah, good point.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Rofl. *goes back to working on *his* stuff*
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Do I dare bring myself into this mess.

@Trestkon:
We were also responsible for that large emu that guarded your computer, preventing you from working on your mod.
Don't joke about that Trestkon in Australia that can really happen lol! I'm kidding but Emus are scary bastards ;)

@El_Cid:
Jonas, if you would like to kill me, you should try personally. Or are you so afraid that you won't?
Don't ask for a death because you're being negative on yourself and not on the person who you are referring to. You aren't Mel Gibson and this is not Braveheart.
DX players who consider everyone not belonging to the clique (whether they are noobs or people who played DX for a long time) to be less wise/intelligent/respectable than them.
Jonas does definitely over critique ideas sometimes and yes I have noticed that some members think "well I've been here longer so I should get everything my way" (not going to name anyone though) without even having a reasonable claim. And yes it is hard for N00bs to get cred in the forum but I think you need to earn respect through your work with any community- sometimes its better to just work and leave everyone out of the loop and let them judge you on your completed work. Bad critique sucks.. I spent the whole of last year being attacked by ArtFarty art critics who wouldn't know a good piece of work if god's own hand was pointing to it.
You prefer to make them waste time by debating with you
What part of Forum Don't you understand. Forum means a public place of debate. I do agree that sometimes it does seem like a waste of time only because I prefer to talk rather than type my arguments. However if you are coming to a forum.. EXPECT an argument.
Stop using the name El_Cid for any purposes. I asked you not to do so.
No biggy.. Anyone mind if they changed the name to El_Sid? lol
Every sentence I have written is true, and if you want proof, just read the posts YOU have written.
Any good academic would QUOTE the stuff they are referring to, even in a non-formal environment like a forum. You might want to Google, Computer Mediated Communication as that'll tell you more about WHY the community acts the way it does. Please put quotes in from now on.

NOTE: that I am trying as best as I can to be objective... its probably a bit biased against El Cid given my work with HDTP but I do agree only with what I have stated that El Cid was right about.

I'm hoping El Cid will come back later down the track and produce better structured arguments so that if he does have something of any value to OTP then it'll be easier for his ideas to get across. Too much Pathos(Emotional Rhetoric) in my opinion.

Also NOTE: I did not intend to be insulting in anyway- my jokes are just to cheer everyone up.

And lastly I am trying to help El Cid learn how to be apart of this community without pissing anyone else off. I had to learn that when I first started here at the OTP forums and I think El Cid needs to learn that too.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:I am trying to help El Cid learn how to be apart of this community without pissing anyone else off. I had to learn that when I first started here at the OTP forums and I think El Cid needs to learn that too.
I'm sorry, you've made a good post, but I just really gotta ask: Have you checked into El Cid's history in this community at all? Have you read about him over at PDXF? People have been trying to teach him how to conduct himself for years, and he's just been piling up the bans. He's a lost cause. Give up.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine