Well that was a giggle

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Well that was a giggle

Post by Jonas »

I'm only talking about OSC02 since that's the only map I nerfed. And there was also a BSP fix on that - an invisible collision that prevented you from going back up the corridor after the burning warehouse.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
symuun
Mole Person

Post by symuun »

Finished my second playthrough- enjoyed it greatly. :D No question about it, this mod is a fantastic piece of work. And the patch helped matters a lot, thanks for suggesting that.

I suspect it won't be long before I'm back playing it again; I don't doubt there's still loads of content I haven't seen. And I've got that bonus pack to work my way through, as well...

Again, guys, top effort. Absolutely loved it. Long live OTP!
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

ggrotz wrote:Looks like I know the next DX related activity to try (outside of recording game mods - I about got ZODIAC done over the weekend). What would I need to do if I were to load the 1.00 version to load the starting OSC map and have it work right?
I recently got done playing through TNM 1.00 to get through this section. OSC wasn't too bad for most part, except for the room with the burning boxes. I got through it all without any problems except for the before mentioned part. One or two of the parts were on the lame side (probably bugs that got fixed between 1.00 and 1.04 - I got no damage at all going through them where I expected at least *some* damage). The gold laser was interesting, shall I say...

I copied all the relevant maps off, so hopefully that should be a good start if I end up loading the SDK (I think I'm done with videos for a good while, I really want to do some DX level stuff). Just need to figure out what variables need set so they will work right if you load them instead of playing to them.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

ggrotz wrote:Just need to figure out what variables need set so they will work right if you load them instead of playing to them.
What?

If you mean what I think you mean you don't have to do anything extra, just replace the 1.0.4 OSC maps with the 1.0.0 maps.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Hassat Hunter wrote:If you mean what I think you mean you don't have to do anything extra, just replace the 1.0.4 OSC maps with the 1.0.0 maps.
Not what you think I mean... I mean starting out with the 1.0.0 NSC map (maybe cut out so all you can do is talk to MIB and go down the elevator to the OSC), and then progressing through all the OSC maps to the end. Maybe even packaging it up as an "add-on" along with a few little fixes - maybe "Hardcore OSC" as you so aptly named it.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

ggrotz wrote:
Hassat Hunter wrote:If you mean what I think you mean you don't have to do anything extra, just replace the 1.0.4 OSC maps with the 1.0.0 maps.
Not what you think I mean... I mean starting out with the 1.0.0 NSC map (maybe cut out so all you can do is talk to MIB and go down the elevator to the OSC), and then progressing through all the OSC maps to the end. Maybe even packaging it up as an "add-on" along with a few little fixes - maybe "Hardcore OSC" as you so aptly named it.
Damn man great Idea :P
I never played through the V.1.0.0 Version of OSC so that would be a good way to let those who havent, play it :)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.