Lollerskate Shenanigans

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Lollerskate Shenanigans

Post by AgentSmithereens »

By accident, in my current playthrough, I discovered that lollerskates are TNM's stunt-vehicles. Apparantly if you hit an edge at the right angle, your momentum propels you into the air. So I wandered around Forum City looking for potential stunt locations, and this is the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE3dNNFHcPE
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Lollerskate Shenanigans

Post by Jaedar »

That's really rather cool.
I wonder if you could accomplish some sequence breaking using it...
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

=D> Hahaha! Oh man what a hoot. Maybe someone could mod a parachute so next time you could include some base jumping. lol.
Nice sniping at the start btw.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Heh, that's pretty clever. Nice video :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

That's pretty cool.

Also you found a secret I didn't even knew about (the dead girl on the roof). Now how to get there without using the lollerskates...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Running aug. Jump on the teleport booth, than on the roof of the diner. Jump onto the street lights, and from there to the very narrow ledge on the building infront of you. Creep the the right and stick to the wall, until you are near a light at the top of the building. Jump onto it using the running aug, and that's basically it.

Edit: I just remembered it's a spoiler-free forum, so I added the spoiler tags. Is formality really necessary anymore?
Moonbo
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Moonbo »

Just watched the video. You have no idea how gratifying it is to see people like you do stuff like that with the mod :-).

-Gelo
But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

bobby 55 wrote:=D> Hahaha! Oh man what a hoot. Maybe someone could mod a parachute so next time you could include some base jumping. lol.
Two words: Spy Drone ;)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

JC_Helios wrote:
bobby 55 wrote:=D> Hahaha! Oh man what a hoot. Maybe someone could mod a parachute so next time you could include some base jumping. lol.
Two words: Spy Drone ;)
It has to be good for something. :lol:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

bobby 55 wrote:Maybe someone could mod a parachute so next time you could include some base jumping.
That did cross my mind at one point - the DX mod Revolutions offers a parachute, so if these 2 mods could be combined, there's an idea.
Hassat Hunter wrote:Also you found a secret I didn't even knew about (the dead girl on the roof). Now how to get there without using the lollerskates...
I must admit that had it not been for the lollerskates, I would almost certainly never have found that. Did anyone else find it without cheating? I tried using my 'bulk transport' method (an ingenious technique) to stack bins etc, but then realised that the method Made in China speaks of was much more accessible.
Moonbo wrote:Just watched the video. You have no idea how gratifying it is to see people like you do stuff like that with the mod :-).
Cheers, always good to know :)
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

AgentSmithereens wrote: I must admit that had it not been for the lollerskates, I would almost certainly never have found that. Did anyone else find it without cheating? I tried using my 'bulk transport' method (an ingenious technique) to stack bins etc, but then realised that the method Made in China speaks of was much more accessible.
I built a huge stair of crates to get there. I think I had seen something on the roof when I climbed onto some other roof nearby.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Can you take the hovercar jump at the ATC using the lollerskates and speed aug?
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

I'll have to have a go when I get there. The ATC level definitely looks like a good location for stunts, as does the ABI mountain range.

The speed aug doesn't look like it makes much difference though in terms of speed; I only use it so I don't lose my legs when I land.