Replaying TNM... gotta love the newspapers...

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
WanderRA
Thug

Replaying TNM... gotta love the newspapers...

Post by WanderRA »

The one entitled 'improving liberty island'

the story depicts all the faults in the first mission of deus ex ie giving a lone groundtroop the only sniper, having no air support despite there being a chopper right outside unatco HQ, and the carefree attitude of the nsf despite being surrounded by the military equivalent of a swat team.. lol..
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Replaying TNM... gotta love the newspapers...

Post by Jonas »

Yeah, fuck, I wish I could take credit for that. I'm pretty sure that's just a copy/paste from a post by Chris the Cynic on the old PDX forums though. I loved it so much I stole it. I don't even remember if I asked for permission.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I can't take credit. It isn't that you never took anything of mine in the manner you describe, it's just that that wasn't mine.

You actually did include an attribution in that article, it says it's by "The Confessor" so based on a few seconds of searching, I think it's by whoever did this.

In finding that I stumbled across a story you wrote about Icarus. (He killed his father. Who was named Ralph.) It was a good story, darker than my preference, but it would have to be if it's going to be an origin story for Icarus.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Oh yeah Confessor, I seem to remember I've confused you and him before. I'm not sure why, but it's probably because you both go into quite a lot of detail in your analyses of Deus Ex. Or went. I haven't heard from Confessor in ages. You'll note he was actually the third person to sign up to this board.

Also thanks. I like to think my writing has gotten better in the mean time (I could of course be wrong), but that Icarus thing was definitely one of my better pieces at the time :smile:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine