-

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: What is your favourite cult ?

Post by Jonas »

Good to hear that particular denouement scene is seeing some use ;)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

It's gotta be the easiest way to take them both out. When you're sent to destroy the tablets you walk straight into Beefman anyhow so why not, y'know? And with Athena, she's your ally, she does nothing to you while you systematically destroy her. Also, not sure if it's a bug or just a happy coincidence, but after i killed DT and Athena, no one in the Templea was hostile to me. Outside, yeah, but inside nothing. I was gearing up to fight my way out.

@Jonas: I just finished an opportunistic bastard WC joining Trestkon with a doublecross to ABI run, and i was wondering what would happen with both cults out of the picture. At first i thought OiNutter would take Athena's place cause i didn't kill him, or that one of the lesser cults would rise up (tigers, robots, etc), but i was really happy with what went down. Everything calms down and the whole thing dissipates.
Daedalus:GlobalNode:UN//UNATCO//PUBLIC//923.128.6430/ForumPost
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

That's cause aligiance chances are done on map loading. So if you returned to the Templae, they are all hostile there too (but why would you?)...

Don't think there's a way to do that, or TNM would have done it...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Oh sure there's a way to do it, we could've put the same thing in Timer() and it would've happened immediately, but this is intended behaviour. Imagine that everybody likes you, then you kill Athena and Dark Templar without making a sound, and immediately everyone attacks you on sight? I don't know if it would be, but your first question should be: "how the fuck did they know?" By delaying the alliance switch until you leave the map, it's easier for you to come up with a workable explanation: somebody in the templae must've found the corpses and alerted everyone, so now they're all hostile.

That's the idea at least. Generally we like to delay things until map transitions so changes appear to happen behind the scenes, so to speak. Same with Sol's getting locked down if you cause trouble, for example, I don't believe that happens until you leave the Downtown sector, so the door isn't just locked behind you as soon as you leave the bar :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Cool. I was in a bit of a panic cause i never expected to get away with it. I suppose i should have slowed down and ransacked what i could before leaving. Incidentally, can you access the lower area of the Llama temple if you're affiliated with the Llamas, or does that key only show up in the Goat path? I don't remember. I think i did it once, but i could just be misremembering. I want that sweet, sweet spork, but i don't wanna slaughter all the Llamas to get it.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Access as Llama was added in one of the patches (2 or 3).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Thehotdogman
NSF

Post by Thehotdogman »

Oh, goodie! Now i can murder Goats the manly way. Thanks for the heads up. Cause, at first i was gonna try to access that part before DT told me to; just to be a wiseguy, but the key didn't show up until he specifically told me to go there, so i was like oh ok, this thing only appears when it has to.