just started - anyway to speed up the display of messages?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
adrianswall
Mole Person

just started - anyway to speed up the display of messages?

Post by adrianswall »

Just installed this mod after playing back through the original Deus Ex having finished human revolution.

First thing I have noticed is that it is very very slow at displaying the text in the top left hand corner of the screen which corresponds to the voices you are hearing. In the tutorial section I noticed that it would not let me receive the next bit of info at the end when it tells you what all the factions are until it had finished printing the text which was well after the voice had completed giving you the info it was supposed to. I can see this becoming quite tedious in certain situations and was hoping there was an option I had missed or a console command I could run to speed up the printing of these messages. It seems to be printing the info at about 1/3 to 1/2 the pace of the original game.

In case it is a performance issue (which I doubt) my pc is:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+
4gig ram
Nvidea 8800 gts
Also if it helps I am running the game in dx10 mode which is how I ran the original game (using the Kentie DX10 renderer with the HDTP and the new vision texture pack) at 1440x900

Cheers guys.

edit: also noticed this happens at the beginning of the game when I am trying to buy stuff from the soda machine, when it displays the textfor each of the different drinks its also very slow.
PlausibleSarge
UNATCO

Re: just started - anyway to speed up the display of message

Post by PlausibleSarge »

Speech text has always lagged 1 or 2 seconds behind the actual voice in some cases

My TNM runs fine, but I am using Kentie's Deus Ex Launcher which fixes all the games speed issues relating to SpeedStep(?????) or whatever it is called on your CPU.

Have you tied using that?
dx_blaster
Thug

Re: just started - anyway to speed up the display of message

Post by dx_blaster »

this change in DeusEx.ini worked for me, maybe it work for TNM too...

if I remember corret...

open TNM.ini
goto
[Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem]
find
Latency=40 -> change value to 60

should look like this:
[Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem]
Latency=60

save TNM.ini

cross fingers, play game, have fun.
wbr