TNM 1.0.5 test help

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
mymybad
Mole Person

Re: TNM 1.0.5 test help

Post by mymybad »

maybe it's the wrong place and/or its totally useless but in 1.0.4+ throwing spoons and foons count doesn't show on the lower right panel only on the inventory screen.
Chris
UNATCO
Location: In the secret underground MJ12 base in Goat City, as a prisoner.

Post by Chris »

A patch 1.0.5? sounds cool
Platypus
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

mymybad wrote:maybe it's the wrong place and/or its totally useless but in 1.0.4+ throwing spoons and foons count doesn't show on the lower right panel only on the inventory screen.
Yeah, I only added it for the explosive weapons and most of the original DX stuff that's there... which doesn't includes spoons or foons.
Should be easily correctable if the team wishes it...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Azzo
Mole Person

Post by Azzo »

Another patch, wow. I was just re-installing this as I never finished my first run through.

This is outside the bounds of this mod and patch but it's related to barriers to players trying it. I get frustrated when I recommend this mod to friends and many are reluctant when they boot up Deus Ex and see how it looks unmodded. The old renderer can be pretty gray goopy especially at default settings. I show them how great it can look with a bit of work but so many of them never end up getting there. They get scared off by the readmes and trying to decide which renderer to use or some other element of uncertainty. The Nameless Mod itself does have a nice simple installation and puts it on your start menu.

If could point someone to a single .exe so they literally just install Deus Ex from Steam, click a one-button Nameless Mod Super Pack installer and have everything installed and tweaked just right that really make a difference. Installs Nameless Mod + New Vision + HDTP + whatever the best renderer is right now + renderer settings (sometimes HDR is weird with some of them that I've tried) + any other necessarily tweaks like conversation font size at high resolutions which I personally ran into + whatever other general improvements people are using now. Everything all in a single thing to get things going and looking fly. Even I got a bit lost messing with renderer options before have found myself wishing I could copy the setup of someone who had everything looking great.

So there's a single file you can point someone to that gets them all set with the Nameless Mod 1.05 and all the graphic whizbang. Click start menu and play. I know this sounds a bit silly to people here, but reducing the number of steps could make a big difference.

Outside the scope of 1.05, so, uh, thanks for all your work on this mod! I really appreciate it. I wish I could more people to see how crazy and deep this mod goes!
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

This is a good of a place as any to say this:

Jonas, I have pretty much all the map modifications I wanted to make done except for downtown. If you ever need to kick me in the rear to speed it up let me know and I'll get it done at a quicker rate. Facebook, skype, here; wherever is easiest for you.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

No rush, unless HDTP is suddenly released :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Jonas wrote:No rush, unless HDTP is suddenly released :)
Maybe a rush now. TNM is really the only major thing I haven't kicked tires (or is it tyres where you are at?) on with what DDL released. Are things still open to have a look at this?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

mymybad wrote:maybe it's the wrong place and/or its totally useless but in 1.0.4+ throwing spoons and foons count doesn't show on the lower right panel only on the inventory screen.
should be easy to fix if so desired...

EDIT:
Reading back the thread I already said that exact phrase #-o
Last edited by Hassat Hunter on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

We'll probably wait for HDTP to leave beta, but yeah then hopefully it won't take too long after that to wrap up 1.0.5. It depends on how much free time NVShacker will have on his hands by then.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

And... done.

Fixed to the powers that be if they want to include it in 1.0.5

EDIT:
Also checked the Dazza conversation and all is fine...
Attachments
Fixed.jpg
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Jonas wrote:We'll probably wait for HDTP to leave beta, but yeah then hopefully it won't take too long after that to wrap up 1.0.5. It depends on how much free time NVShacker will have on his hands by then.
I was more asking about anything that needed testing and getting the "latest" (just to be fair about it if I'm going to point out "errors"). But TNM is holding up much better than I anticipated so far. The only real problems I've noticed were the setting menus being messed up (no doubt because of DDL's change coupled with whatever you all done), and the sudden case of massive haemophilia that Trestkon picked up, wherein his blood completely and immediately covers everything in sight upon his death. So far, everything that I recognize that should be a HDTP object is. My guess is that when I see them the weapons won't be HDTP models, and simons might not be in HDTP, but we'll see.
mymybad
Mole Person

Post by mymybad »

Hassat Hunter wrote:And... done.

Fixed to the powers that be if they want to include it in 1.0.5

EDIT:
Also checked the Dazza conversation and all is fine...
nice, thank you :) can't wait for the new version
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Found some bugs, played with version 1.0.4+.
Texture usage on this hatch looks weird.
Texture usage on this hatch looks weird.
Don't know if this is fixable or not or if it's caused by you; a bug nonetheless.
Don't know if this is fixable or not or if it's caused by you; a bug nonetheless.
Just some minor item placement needed in the Tech Support room at DX: Editing.
Just some minor item placement needed in the Tech Support room at DX: Editing.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Can't attach more than three pics per post. :/
Some more...

I myself have not been able to find a good solution to this myself since precipitation nodes spawn rain through movers. It would look weird to zone the inside of the ship, and then loose the rain if you're in the ship looking up through the hatch.
Found in Ship in downtown sector.
Found in Ship in downtown sector.
Found in the bum hideout on day two in the Slums.
Found in the bum hideout on day two in the Slums.
Managed to get a crash while making a Molotov cocktail, just appeared once and I have no log of the event. Just a fyi ;)
molotov cocktail.png
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
fk.
Mole Person

Post by fk. »

I *knew* there was something I forgot ...

A while ago, I made a thing for Deus Ex that automagically makes your savegames smaller (via transparent compression and clever use of symlinks). I seem to remember someone in this thread suggesting the saves be made smaller; I'll just leave this here:

The actual magic
The Deus Ex plugin architecture it works on (Overengineering? Me? Never!)
The plugin loader for TNM

Anyway, if you want to integrate that in 1.0.5, go right ahead; if not, eh, I tried ;)