TNM 1.0.5 test help

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
CrocMagnum
NSF

Re: TNM 1.0.5 test help

Post by CrocMagnum »

Jonas wrote:So I finally had some time off and got around to zipping up my TNM files and uploading them to ModDB. Medzernik in the OTP Discord was nice enough to test it for me and make sure all the files needed to run the game are there.

It doesn't have everything in it that I posted about here. The map additions are in, but DDL's packing nuts, Phasmatis' animated grass, and the high-def textures for the greasels and karkians don't appear to be in. For some reason the olive drab two-tone skin for AO's service pistol is there though.

You can grab the files here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless- ... nloadsform

There's no installer, you have to install 1.0.4+ and then overwrite the existing files with the files included in the .rar.
Thanks for the heads-up, Jonas. Glad you've found the time to wrap this up. :mrgreen:
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

CrocMagnum wrote:Thanks for the heads-up, Jonas. Glad you've found the time to wrap this up. :mrgreen:
I'm also on the Discord channel started by Bogie working out some BSP updates and other mapper related fixes I can churn out. Currently I'm working on the WorldCorp Hotel because from what I hear that was one of the first things discussed being added with a 1.0.5 update. I will branch out from there after depending on what I know needs done from my personal notes.
CrocMagnum
NSF

Post by CrocMagnum »

ZeroPresence wrote:...I'm also on the Discord channel started by Bogie working out some BSP updates and other mapper related fixes I can churn out. Currently I'm working on the WorldCorp Hotel because from what I hear that was one of the first things discussed being added with a 1.0.5 update. I will branch out from there after depending on what I know needs done from my personal notes.
Woah! The simple fact that you and Jonas kept all those files/notes for so many years! That's what I call dedication! *applause*

Thank you kindly for keeping us in the loop.
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Made in China wrote:Well, if public interest wasn't always on the decline, it might be possible to use some of JeniSkunk's reports for 1.0.5+, in the same vein of Hassat Hunter's excellent fixes. It does take someone with the know-how and dedication, though.
Thanks. But know-how really isn't needed, I didn't have any.

Wonder if my dialogue fix made it in 1.0.5. Or all the insane shit I typed for e-mails. I should check it out sometime.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Your apartment is in there for sure, and it does have some very weird text content that I don't remember writing, so I guess it did?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

Started playing TNM 1.0.5
First bug reports.

Apartment Building, Level 02, Apartment 01 - Ded
Spystuff 101: Shouldn't there be some clothes in the wardrobe, to make it seem less like no-one lives in the apartment?

Downtown, near O'Malley's
Some weird unsolid glitch in the landscape, with a static cloudy sky texture, is sticking out of the ground.
Got screenshots.

edit: one pic refuses to attach to this post... have to put it as a separate post.
Attachments
Base view of the glitch 02
Base view of the glitch 02
Base view of the glitch 01
Base view of the glitch 01
Full view of the glitch
Full view of the glitch
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

Fourth pic of the glitch
Attachments
Top of glitch, looking towards the river
Top of glitch, looking towards the river
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Some maps are being redone from scratch for the complete version of 1.0.5 (or whatever new number). Downtown already has a new version, and so does the Party Zone.

Just an FYI because old map bugs aren't indicative of the new ones (there's also a better UEd, so it's a completely different beast).
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

I've only started playing 1.0.5, and I'm just doing my usual careful hunt for bugs.
That weird glitch sticking out of the ground was something that warrants reporting.
I know about what ZP is planning for Downtown, but since I don't have a copy of that WIP map, I have to work with what I have, what's in v1.0.5
Personally, I *LIKE* the huge space downtown map.
The map I wish was LARGER is the West Residence District (the Slums).
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

I also don't mind the size of the map, tho it does become a problem later when you have to walk between objectives. The Goats map isn't that much better, actually, but the small visual details like the window lights on buildings and some other small pieces of visual flare make it seem more alive. Downtown feels abandoned in comparison.
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

VectorM wrote:Downtown feels abandoned in comparison.
It's not the size of the Downtown map that makes it feel abandoned, it's the lack of stores and shopping and offices in the map.
Even if they are closed for the evening, there SHOULD be an ABI fashion shop. There SHOULD be a grocery store. There SHOULD be a bank, both in Downtown AND in the Corporate District. There SHOULD be window images of office interiors. Look at the Blade Runner maps for UT, UT2003, and UT2004. Even though those maps are specifically designed to be deathmatch maps, they FEEL less desolate than Downtown because of such details.
Places don't have to be enter-able, to make the map feel less abandoned. It's the illogical lack of such businesses and details that MAKES the Downtown map feel abandoned.
VectorM
MJ12

Post by VectorM »

JeniSkunk wrote:
It's not the size of the Downtown map that makes it feel abandoned, it's the lack of stores and shopping and offices in the map.
Even if they are closed for the evening, there SHOULD be an ABI fashion shop. There SHOULD be a grocery store. There SHOULD be a bank, both in Downtown AND in the Corporate District. There SHOULD be window images of office interiors. Look at the Blade Runner maps for UT, UT2003, and UT2004. Even though those maps are specifically designed to be deathmatch maps, they FEEL less desolate than Downtown because of such details.
Places don't have to be enter-able, to make the map feel less abandoned. It's the illogical lack of such businesses and details that MAKES the Downtown map feel abandoned.
I don't really think about that stuff here. Goats map also lacks a lot of these things, but it's more dense with various other details that just make me feel like there is something there. Simply having a few windows in the building with lights up makes me feel like there is something there. It would look much more empty to me, if that stuff wasn't there. Or that satellite right above the main entrance. It seems to just be there to fill some of the bland space, and it works, in my experience.

Also, i generally disagree with your mentality. I don't like it when developers try to put too much stuff in a level, simply because it "has to be there". Talking about things that aren't just small details or simply textures. Stores, banks, etc. I would rather have them put things that are interactable, or just useful in some way, than just having a store front or restaurant building, because "we need that stuff, to make the level not feel empty". I guess i am just a bit minimalist in that regard. Having that small structure with Jonas's face, the ATMs and the Bulletin board, right as you enter the corporate district, are enough to fill that boring space to me. Also having those 2 employees taking a break on the bench and Gelo in front of the building. Simply having some NPCs that fill the space with some extra conversations works out fine. Mankind Divided has way more NPCs, for example, but they all have like 2 lines.Having less people, in an appropriate setting, that you could get something out of, if not just for curiosity's sake, is more valuable to me, than filling the entire street with them, just because it would look more like a real busy street.
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

JeniSkunk wrote:It's not the size of the Downtown map that makes it feel abandoned, it's the lack of stores and shopping and offices in the map.
VectorM wrote:I don't really think about that stuff here. Goats map also lacks a lot of these things, but it's more dense with various other details that just make me feel like there is something there. Simply having a few windows in the building with lights up makes me feel like there is something there. It would look much more empty to me, if that stuff wasn't there. Or that satellite right above the main entrance. It seems to just be there to fill some of the bland space, and it works, in my experience.

Also, i generally disagree with your mentality. I don't like it when developers try to put too much stuff in a level, simply because it "has to be there". Talking about things that aren't just small details or simply textures. Stores, banks, etc. I would rather have them put things that are interactable, or just useful in some way, than just having a store front or restaurant building, because "we need that stuff, to make the level not feel empty". I guess i am just a bit minimalist in that regard. Having that small structure with Jonas's face, the ATMs and the Bulletin board, right as you enter the corporate district, are enough to fill that boring space to me. Also having those 2 employees taking a break on the bench and Gelo in front of the building. Simply having some NPCs that fill the space with some extra conversations works out fine. Mankind Divided has way more NPCs, for example, but they all have like 2 lines.Having less people, in an appropriate setting, that you could get something out of, if not just for curiosity's sake, is more valuable to me, than filling the entire street with them, just because it would look more like a real busy street.
I've never been assimilated by the STEAM Collective, so I've never played any of the DXHR series of games.

It's LATE at night. The stores SHOULD be closed and locked up. But the stores SHOULD be there.
Those few late night forumites out and about fit well.

I agree about preferring to have stuff that is interactable, but in the main parts of the city WOULD a bank be able to have its front door picked, or worse be unlocked, late at night?
Why would fashion shops be open at night?
The QuickStop in the Corporate District being open 24/7 fits properly. But if a convenience store like a QuickStop is open 24/7, why is the OON Mart in the Goats area closed? There's no actual supermarket, much less a grocery store anywhere in the game.
In Downtown, the majority of 'buildings' there, are simply apartment block sized, undetailed slabs with building textures, and no entrances, not even a door texture.

It's that whole picture which makes a lot of the city feel dead and lifeless, in comparison to the Goats map.
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

Bug report:
Llamas temple, Abom office.
The desk drawers have no breaking sound attached.
They can be destroyed and they do not make a sound when that happens.
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

Bug report
Slums Day 1
Yardbomb's Clinic.
The datacube with who has what augs is STILL not being added to your notes.
Important useful info like should be added to your notes.

Playground.
The playground added in v1.0.5 only serves to add emphasis to just how TINY and bare the residential part of the Slums map is.