How to talk to NVSHacker without accidentally killing him?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
rdaneel
Thug

How to talk to NVSHacker without accidentally killing him?

Post by rdaneel »

Warning, possible very mild spoiler alert:

Has anybody else noticed that unless you knock out everyone in the Quick Stop on day 1, NVS hacker and A2 will invariably die? I don't understand these other folks that say NVS will show up places, in PDX etc., because I have found that visiting the quick stop kills NVS hacker, regardless of the player's actions. Allow me to explain.

A2 is such a complete psychopath that if any Quick Stop customer bumps into him (steps on him, I assume) he will go crazy, kill NVS and everybody else, and then get blown away by a firewall or security bot. Due to the patrol routes of the Quick Stop customers which take them down the aisle inhabited by NVS and A2, this will *always* happen if you visit the Quick Stop and talk to NVS.

Am I wrong?
ggrotz
X-51

Re: How to talk to NVSHacker without accidentally killing hi

Post by ggrotz »

rdaneel wrote: Am I wrong?
Yeah pretty much. As long as you don't stir anyone else or A2, or cause any trouble (note you CAN do this with NVSHacker himself) you can talk to NVSHacker all you want.

Of course you could be on an old version of TNM which has a problem of this nature, though I haven't caught what version you are running. Edit: I saw 1.04 (no plus) in another post. I never had a problem there of this nature...
NVShacker
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by NVShacker »

If TNM had achievements, I'm pretty sure "keep NVShacker alive through the whole game" would be one. I'm guessing what happened, OP, is that someone steps on the bot, it murders them (totally normal thus far) and in my panic I step on it too and get roasted. I suggest building a barricade of some kind, if for some reason you want to keep me alive (I do appreciate it).
NVShacker
Are you still there?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

It doesn't happen to me. I think once, the security bot got pissed when I set off an alarm. The other customers haven't come near NVS or A2 in the 10 times I've played.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Just as a side note, those people in the quick stop don't have patrols. They just wander around, and I may have set up some WanderPoints for them to walk between so it looks like they have a little purpose in their sad NPC lives. In other words they move more or less randomly.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

I've had the onslaught by random wanderers on A2 only once in all my games (and I had several, as most know).
Maybe you saved with that scared citizen NPC on a bad spot?
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
rdaneel
Thug

Post by rdaneel »

Could be. I'm a TNM noob on my first run through, so it sounds like it must be the case that I did *something* in the Quick Stop before my save game that stirred up one of the NPCs or NVS himself.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I only checked it about 3 or 4 times, and always from the same save game point so I'm sure you guys must be right.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

knock out everyone in the Quick Stop on day 1, NVS hacker and A2 will invariably die? I don't understand these other folks that say NVS will show up places, in PDX etc., because I have found that visiting the quick stop kills NVS hacker, regardless of the player's actions
Nope, never happened to me, always left with him alive, except once when I put the wrong choice in the convo and he killed NV, the only other time anything has happened in Quick Stop for me is when I get my hand caught in the pickle jar happens or being chased into the Quick Stop by an enemy of whoever I am not doing play through for.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus