TNM continuation & new mods

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
MirceaKitsune
Mole Person

TNM continuation & new mods

Post by MirceaKitsune »

I have to ask an obligatory question, granted I'm not seeing the info anywhere: Are there any plans for a continuation of TNM (basically a part 2)? Maybe not even a new mod based on the same story, but any new DeusEx mods of the same quality would be interesting to see. The developers of TDM are obviously very skilled and talented... it would be nice to see yet another original mod pop up someday :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: TNM continuation & new mods

Post by Jonas »

Believe it or not, a couple of people are actually working on a new patch for TNM with a bunch of the levels remade and some new areas added. It's not a sequel, but it's new content.

Other than that, it's been 9 years since TNM was released and everyone involved has families and/or careers now, so there will be no sequels to TNM unless a whole new group takes up the torch (and I'd rather they didn't).
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
MirceaKitsune
Mole Person

Post by MirceaKitsune »

That's good to know! And yeah, I know TNM is pretty old... quite amazing that it's still active actually, I figured it wouldn't last forever but still. Kinda sad if most of the modders actively left game development altogether however.
JeniSkunk
UNATCO

Post by JeniSkunk »

Just posting here while Discord is down...
Not all of us helping out are actively creating new content for the TNM update. Some of us are busy finding the bugs in what new stuff has been created, so hopefully the update, when its ready, will be pretty well bug free.
Creating the new stuff takes time, then there's testing and checking everything we can think of, to find and/or provoke bugs, then the bugs have to be patched, and then things tested again. That eats time. Lots of time.
Of the 5 updated maps so far, none are at 100% complete. They're all somewhere in the 85% to 95% complete range at present. Till they're done, starting on more maps would be trouble looking for a place to happen.