What will you do when its here?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Ricemanu
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

What will you do when its here?

Post by Ricemanu »

Hi everybody,
i hope this kind of thread did not yet exist, because then i´d look like a fool.

Iam one of the lucky guys who are able to get their hands on the latest non public version of TNM (obviously)
And i regularily make fun of Jonas of already being "spoilt" of the game (obviously)

So what will I do when TNM is out as full release version?

I had a good old ritual while watching the sopranos. I´d usually cook some noodles (or pasta for you guys!)
have a glass of whine.. and sometimes even smoke a cigar or cigarillo to enhance the experience :D

And thats exactly what iam going to do with TNM. Ok, maybe ill leave out the food part - my keyboard is stained enough already ;) And then iam slowly enjoying it, taking my time like a connossoir.
TNM Graphics Artist
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: What will you do when its here?

Post by Jonas »

I'm planning to throw a party. Too bad none of you other TNM guys can attend :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jonas wrote:I'm planning to throw a party. Too bad none of you other TNM guys can attend :P
*starts walking east*
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Trestkon wrote:*starts walking east*
Be sure to bring a laptop so you can work on the way here! :lol:
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Ricemanu
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Ricemanu »

Are you serious? And i thought we were having some kind of ultra nerdy online release party with voice com and Tele-Beer...
TNM Graphics Artist
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

@Jonas: Don't underestimate my madness and way-finding skills (but especially my madness). If I would know a reasonable time beforehand that there would be a party and I would be invited I would make sure that I could attend :P

@Ricemanu: "I´d usually cook some noodles (or pasta for you guys!)"
Pasta sounds very interesting, if Jonas does not have pasta on his party I would go southeast instead of northeast.

Unfortunately I am already spoilt, or at least ... Half, I have yet to complete the other half and walk around aimlessly for months on end and find all easter eggs.
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

*Begins swimming across the Atlantic*
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Ricemanu wrote:Are you serious? And i thought we were having some kind of ultra nerdy online release party with voice com and Tele-Beer...
We'll do that first. My party will be a few days later :P
EER wrote:Don't underestimate my madness and way-finding skills (but especially my madness). If I would know a reasonable time beforehand that there would be a party and I would be invited I would make sure that I could attend
Hahah maybe it'd be better if meet up at another time and place. You might feel out of place amongst all the Danes :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Jonas wrote:
EER wrote:Don't underestimate my madness and way-finding skills (but especially my madness). If I would know a reasonable time beforehand that there would be a party and I would be invited I would make sure that I could attend
Hahah maybe it'd be better if meet up at another time and place. You might feel out of place amongst all the Danes :P
Not if you arranged for a bunch of other foreigners to come. Surely I would be even more out of place so EER would feel perfectly in place in comparison.

Not that I could, you know, get there or anything.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

chris the cynic wrote:Not that I could, you know, get there or anything.
Exactly, EER is the only one crazy enough (and with enough disposable income) to travel to Denmark on a whim.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

I was going to make a similar thread to this, but more regarding the forums. I.e. will more forums be created at release (general discussion, spoiler zones, bugs etc)? I don't know if I'll spend much time on here once I've got it, for fear of getting spoilered, and just because generally I'd rather play the game than read about it.

I'm also not sure how I'm going to play it; usually I'm the stealthy sort of guy who rarely gets into massive fights, but TNM looks like the sort of game where massive fights would be awesome because of the new weapons and stuff.
I'm definitely going to take my time though - explore every area, read every book, talk to every person until they start to repeat themselves...
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

We hadn't really thought about the forum thing. Creating some new ones would probably be a good idea, we'll have to have a chat about it.

I wish you luck with your exploring! Even our Beta testers haven't found everything, yet :P
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Zeitgeist
UNATCO

Post by Zeitgeist »

Nothing. It's released during my exam week.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Trestkon wrote:We hadn't really thought about the forum thing. Creating some new ones would probably be a good idea, we'll have to have a chat about it.

I wish you luck with your exploring! Even our Beta testers haven't found everything, yet :P
We shall see about that ^^
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

AgentSmithereens wrote:I'm definitely going to take my time though - explore every area, read every book, talk to every person until they start to repeat themselves...
That is what you say now, but when you encounter my character and the Priory of Zion conversation your mind will be changed. In an effort to not drive players insane there are several options to end the conversation, and a couple to skip ahead. The end result was that I had to make a flow chart to even understand it. (Note that as a player you should have no trouble understanding it as you will experience a linear version.)

I knew it was long when I wrote it, that is why I put in multiple ways out (though I think credit goes to Jonas for actually thinking to warn the player ahead of time.) Even as long as it is anyone who actually studies religion is probably horrified at how much is left out or glossed over. Given that the History Channel is one of my primary sources (even though it is, at best, a secondary source) that probably isn't the only thing that would horrify them.