*Drools* *Stares*

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Kee715
Illuminati

*Drools* *Stares*

Post by Kee715 »

That is superb!!! I was immediately smacked in the face with that image upon seeing it... I wish that it were a real gun, such beauty in a handgun... The detailed engravings, the gold, it looks as though it were not cold, heartless steel but beautiful statue worthy stone, such craftsmanship. the beautiful handwriting that went into the words that are engraved on there, the intricate details... I was staring at it for an hour, just admiring it, a Colt M1911A1 .45 Calibre handgun with such elegance and beauty, someday I might get a custom gun just like that... 'Tis an honour and a privilege to see that staring me in the face whenever I start my computer. Phasmatis needs to be making money with those modeling skills, and thank you for this wallpaper for my desktop. *Continues staring* *Remembers something* Also I realise that the mod is delayed, which is unfortunate, but could it be released by the 16th? Or is there too much left to do? 'Twas stated that all that is left is some extra dialogue... Anyway my birthday is on the 16th and this would be the birthday present to top all birthday presents, it does not matter when it is released as this will be a grand mod, and whenever 'tis released does not matter, so long as it sees the light from the glowing eyes of gamers, but it would make the 16th quire a large amount more special... *Goes back to staring*
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: *Drools* *Stares*

Post by Jonas »

Wow, good enthusiasm, but watch your blood pressure ;)

A February 16 release is possible, but not probably. It's not exactly extra dialogue we need to get done, it's dialogue that definitely needs to be in the game so the game is complete. It's literally for us impossible to release a finished mod before all the voice acting is done.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I'm glad you like it. It was pretty fun to make, since I didn't have to worry about texture or poly limits.

Oh yes, it's marble not gold btw. ;) well... stainless steel with a marble finish painted on but still, it's not gold.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

Wow that is impressive.
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
metzger44
NSF

Post by metzger44 »

I totally agree... I am a HUGE fan of dual stuff, dual pistols,swords for example so i am probably only gonna use the pistols throuout the whole game 8-[
r00tb33r
MJ12

Post by r00tb33r »

Jonas wrote:Wow, good enthusiasm, but watch your blood pressure ;)

A February 16 release is possible, but not probably. It's not exactly extra dialogue we need to get done, it's dialogue that definitely needs to be in the game so the game is complete. It's literally for us impossible to release a finished mod before all the voice acting is done.
Don't forget you still need to name the mod.
*forum grenade*

Last edited by r00tb33r on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

r00tb33r wrote:Don't forget you still need to name the mod.
I believe someone who looked a lot like me already addressed this point.
I wrote:They're lying to you really, it does have a name. Known as the Trigrammaton it is one of the greatest secrets in all of existence. The name must never be spoken by the uninitiated.

It is said that correctly pronouncing the name gives the speaker unspeakable power. This is why the vowels of the name are omitted and only the consonants are ever written, so that even if it is ever discovered by outsiders they will not gain its power.
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

Jonas wrote:Wow, good enthusiasm, but watch your blood pressure ;)

I meant "extra" as in "We were going to be done now, but we are not, so we have extra work that we did not plan for, because we could not have done so." That kind of extra. And it is not really important when it is released, it is important that it is released. And my blood pressure is fine! Well I think it is... I will need to check.

m3rc1l3ss wrote:Wow that is impressive.
The pistols or the amount of words i put into the post to describe them?

metzger44 wrote:I totally agree... I am a HUGE fan of dual stuff, dual pistols,swords for example so i am probably only gonna use the pistols throughout the whole game 8-[
Hmm... Dual swords seem illogical... Well anyway it is slightly disappointing that they can't look that good in the game, but at least they are actually in the game...

r00tb33r wrote:Don't forget you still need to name the mod.
*forum grenade*
FORUM GRENADIER!!! ATTACK!!! DO NOT LET HIM DESTROY TNM!!!!!
chris the cynic wrote:
I wrote:It is said that correctly pronouncing the name gives the speaker unspeakable power. This is why the vowels of the name are omitted and only the consonants are ever written, so that even if it is ever discovered by outsiders they will not gain its power.
Unspeakable power... Hmm... Like time travel? Teleportation? BEING ABLE TO FIND MISSING SOCKS!?!? THE END APPROACHES ONCE IT IS PRONOUNCED!!!! But I would like to find my missing socks, my mom buys way too many of them and there never seems to be enough...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Kee715 wrote:"We were going to be done now, but we are not, so we have extra work that we did not plan for, because we could not have done so."
Yeah but my point is that we did plan for that work, but it's not in our hands whether it gets done on time - we're relying on a lot of people, and their schedules often do not match ours, or they're just busy with other projects they need to finish before they can help us out. So this isn't extra, we've planned for this all along - we haven't added new things to the design in months.
Well anyway it is slightly disappointing that they can't look that good in the game, but at least they are actually in the game...
Actually they do look nearly that good, the main difference is that the lighting is pretty shit in Deus Ex :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine