TNM in the media

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
DanielH93
Mole Person

Re: TNM in the media

Post by DanielH93 »

Appearance in this month's PC Gamer! [Albeit a brief one] 7th in a countdown of top 10 downloads. Bravo. =D> You folks are popular.

Are Deus Ex Mods coming back into fashion? Did they ever leave?

Scans HERE
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but after the treatment PCPP gave us, this PCG UK blurb is kind of an anticlimax :P

But hey, coverage is coverage. 7 out of 10 though? That means there are 6 better downloads than TNM?

Hardly :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Jonas wrote:I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but after the treatment PCPP gave us, this PCG UK blurb is kind of an anticlimax :P

But hey, coverage is coverage. 7 out of 10 though? That means there are 6 better downloads than TNM?

Hardly :P
Well if you count entertainment per MB of download, not even TNM can top X:com. ;)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jetsetlemming wrote:Well if you count entertainment per MB of download, not even TNM can top X:com. ;)
If you count entertainment per MB of download, you don't deserve access to the Internet.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Grub
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Grub »

You know, it's pretty amazing to get covered in a magazine like that when you haven't paid them anything to get good placement. ;)
Long as it gets our name out there into thousands and thousands of homes, even if it's on the top of someone's toilet-back, I'm pretty satisfied. Heh, maybe I'm just easy to please.
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Jonas wrote:
Jetsetlemming wrote:Well if you count entertainment per MB of download, not even TNM can top X:com. ;)
If you count entertainment per MB of download, you don't deserve access to the Internet.
If I had to choose between the internet and X:com, I would actually hesitate for several actual seconds before saying the internet and then crying. :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm not slamming X-Com, I'm saying I sincerely doubt you like X-Com because it takes up a lot of space on your harddrive.

[EDIT] Fuck, I just realized what you said before. I misunderstood you. Commencing operation Shut Up And Sit Down :oops:
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Meh, our local PC mag had a very very small section on TNM, so compared to that...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

Jonas wrote:I'm not slamming X-Com, I'm saying I sincerely doubt you like X-Com because it takes up a lot of space on your harddrive.

[EDIT] Fuck, I just realized what you said before. I misunderstood you. Commencing operation Shut Up And Sit Down :oops:
Entertainment value per MB- Amount of entertainment versus how large the download is- little time you had to spend getting it off the internet. X:Com's lasted me six years of nearly non-stop playing and took a grand total of like four seconds to download. TNM lasted me a good week or so (haven't played the WorldCorp path yet though, finishing a DeusEx replay first) and took just under two hours to download. X:com was a 3 MB download compared to TNM's 900.
I doubt this is how PC Gamer ranked their downloads feature, but if you use that metric.... :P
Of course, from that scan image they're talking about free games, and X:com is no longer free. :P I got it back before 2K Bought the license and put it on Steam for five bucks.
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

TNM on slashdot. The gamasutra interview. People on slashdot don't seem to know TNM well, though there's jokes about the things TNM could teach the DukeNukemForever team.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jetsetlemming
Illuminati

Post by Jetsetlemming »

I hate that style of comments where you have to click and load a separate page just to read child comments. They're never worth reading, they don't save any page load times, and it just gets annoying. Sure, break the comments into multiple pages if they grow too many, but having to work to read each individual one is so blegh.
Grub
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Grub »

I actually think it's kind of funny they all thought the game was bad based on the trailer. Was our parody of bad movie trailers really so incredibly accurate that people couldn't tell it was a parody?
OiNutter
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by OiNutter »

Jetsetlemming wrote:I hate that style of comments where you have to click and load a separate page just to read child comments. They're never worth reading, they don't save any page load times, and it just gets annoying. Sure, break the comments into multiple pages if they grow too many, but having to work to read each individual one is so blegh.
It's actually AJAX - The entire page shouldn't re-load when you expand a comment unless you have Javascript disabled or something inhibiting the XML request. The idea is to load only the new comment while you can continue to manipulate the page or whatnot.

It also allows you to vaguely mention Web 2.0 and take the word "Webolution" seriously.
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Macha wrote:Those guys over at RPG Codex are absolute wank stains. Jonas, I found you patience admirable, if I was you I woulda cracked.
I agree... :mrgreen:
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...