It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:07 pm


Forum rules


NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
High Brow TNM Reviews 
Author Message
Mole Person

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:18 pm
Posts: 8
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
If a single post in this thread had been funny unironically, I seriously would not have cared. also, lol at "retaliation" on the internet. No one cares, brosinski.

_________________
Use the prod. Prod with the prod! Don't worry, we're police! -J.C.'s Brother, Paul Detnon


Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:19 pm
Profile
Human Encyclopaedia

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:50 pm
Posts: 2200
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
Dr.Ghosts wrote:
I seriously cannot stop laughing at this post

That makes me happy. Laughter is a good thing that there should be more of.

Quote:
seriously? everyone who thinks differently than you is mentally ill? goddamn

Actually what I said was, "I didn't say everyone who thinks differently from me needs psychiatric help."

I also said that people who are mentally ill think differently from me. That is hardly the same as saying that people who think differently from me are all mentally ill.

Quote:
also, yes that is the premise of this mod.

No, it is the setting. A setting does not a premise make.

Quote:
the nile ain't just a river in egypt, buddy.

Actually, you're screwing that up. For it to work you need to change the "the" to a "de/da." If the th is still voiced it makes about as much sense as saying, "the Mississippi ain't just a river in America, buddy."

Quote:
I know that that's the premise because A. I have played the mod B. I have read parts of the website for the mod.

No matter how often you claim otherwise premise is not the same as setting.

Quote:
just because no one else uses those exact words doesn't mean it wasn't a valid description of the premise.

The words aren't important, no matter which words you choose to use to describe it setting != premise.

Quote:
So you admit that it is fair to judge a book, or a video game, based on it's cover, since they're using the cover to sell the book to you? thank you, i wouldn't be bold enough to assert that right away.

No, just the opposite. You might want to lay off the straw men.

I claim that it is no more valid to judge a book based on the stuff they put on the back to sell it to you than judging it based on the stuff they put it on the front to sell it to you. Which is to say, neither is vaild.


Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:23 pm
Profile
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:21 pm
Posts: 14203
Location: Hafnia
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
Dr.Ghosts wrote:
also, lol at "retaliation" on the internet. No one cares, brosinski.

Well presumably none of them even read this, but that's not the point. We're not doing this for them, we're doing it for ourselves, because as I said, it's hilarious.

Also... did you just call me "brosinski"? Are you trying to be a parody of somebody? CliffyB perhaps?

_________________
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

You can buy my games on Steam if you like 'em.
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine


Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Thug
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:08 pm
Posts: 37
Location: NL
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
Image


Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:45 pm
Profile
UNATCO
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 4:35 pm
Posts: 117
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
Trestkon wrote:
Hey, Halo is a great game! Come to think of it, I really have to finish GoW 2, as well :p


The Halo series is the most stale piece of cliche storyline I have ever witnessed, and is the most overrated thing ever. The gameplay is boringly average, and the game holds no special merits either than being a bestseller. It is a collection of recycled ideas thrown together with an ad campaign to make publishers giggle at the power good advertising can have. As for the others, I have a long-standing grudge against GoW, for it was GoW's success that drove Epic Games to make UT3 look exactly like it to try to appeal to the same audience. Call of Duty: World at War is a mod. It's no different than the Battlefield: Vietnam WW2 mod, but it's packaged at full price because now that the CoD series has attracted the mainstream audience, and they want to go back to WW2 to cash in on the CoD name again, before they make Modern Warfare 2. Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the same thing. The tactical aspect of Rainbow Six takes a holiday for the mainstream gamers.

My original post still stands. These people who get dicked around by the publishers and ad campaigns can't comprehend the level of greatness that TNM is, because it's graphics aren't flashy enough and it isn't for 360. These are the people that quit Deus Ex because they can't get on the boat.


Last edited by Zeitgeist on Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:21 pm
Posts: 14203
Location: Hafnia
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
I had a lot of fun with Halo 3 and GoW1 and 2 in co-op.

_________________
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

You can buy my games on Steam if you like 'em.
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine


Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:03 pm
Posts: 2820
Location: Canada
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
Jonas wrote:
I had a lot of fun with Halo 3 and GoW1 and 2 in co-op.


I loved all 3 games in the Halo series, plus, the MP was serious fun. I actually haven't played GoW 1, but I should probably finish my GoW 2 playthrough after exams.

_________________
-Life does not snap to the x-axis


Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:15 pm
Posts: 1052
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
Jonas wrote:
I had a lot of fun with Halo 3


I do not recall, have you played Half-Life?

_________________
Subject: Walrus, The
Profession: Lurker


Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:49 pm
Profile
Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:11 pm
Posts: 2398
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
I had fun with Halo 2 in co-op, mostly in the Earth sections, but Halo 1 is seriously a worthless piece of shit and I don't know how it got a sequel. You play through half the game again backwards at night and 3/4 of the levels are the same grey detailless hallways and small rooms copypasted a hundred times. It also started the horrid trend of health regen with no health indicator, and two weapon limits. That shit's just completely unacceptable. Only really good things about Halo 1 are the grunts yelling and screaming and a quick-throw button for grenades.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:05 pm
Profile
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:21 pm
Posts: 14203
Location: Hafnia
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
Kee715 wrote:
I do not recall, have you played Half-Life?

Yes.

_________________
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

You can buy my games on Steam if you like 'em.
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine


Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:03 am
Posts: 3791
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
Man, I missed the pointless intarweb trolling. :(


Also, I herd stickin "Dr." in front of ur name maeks you sound important, confirm/deny?

*runs away*


Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:02 pm
Profile
UNATCO
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:21 am
Posts: 147
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
*grabs the back of your collar*

Before you go, what does DDL stand for?

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:54 pm
Profile
Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:15 pm
Posts: 1052
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
SlySpy wrote:
*grabs the back of your collar*

Before you go, what does DDL stand for?


DDL is Dr. Dumb Lunatic

I figured that out when playing TNM, the quotes during the load screens helped.

Now I am trying to figure out what "EER" stands for, and I can not remember if this is a false memory or if someone here does have the username "EER", I have trouble remembering things... :(

I need to eat more fish...

_________________
Subject: Walrus, The
Profession: Lurker


Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:26 pm
Profile
UNATCO
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:21 am
Posts: 147
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
It was a hypothetical question Kee715. He criticized Dr. Ghosts name when he in fact has the doctor title in his name.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:52 pm
Profile
Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:11 pm
Posts: 2398
Post Re: High Brow TNM Reviews
Kee715 wrote:
Now I am trying to figure out what "EER" stands for, and I can not remember if this is a false memory or if someone here does have the username "EER", I have trouble remembering things... :(

I need to eat more fish...

I'm just guessing here based on the credits, but EER is EER's initials.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:55 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.