Can you change enemy difficulty without a restart?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
deachem
Thug

Can you change enemy difficulty without a restart?

Post by deachem »

I'm on my second playthrough of TNM and have just gotten through the first big mission for my chosen faction. I, however, suffer from terminal idiocy and set the enemy spawn level to normal (setting 2) when I started the game, thinking that it'd be challenging enough the way I played if I still had player health on delicate (setting 4). It's not, but I blame myself, obviously, not OTP.

Anyway, I busted open my most recent save file to see if there were flags for the difficulty settings that I'd be able to change and found two, one for item difficulty and one for combat difficulty, but not the ones for enemy spawn rate or health. Does anyone know if there's a way to change these other two settings without restarting?
NVShacker
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Can you change enemy difficulty without a restart?

Post by NVShacker »

As a disclaimer we don't support changing the difficulty mid-game in any way, shape or form and any difficulties you experience trying this are obviously not going to be fixed, that said besides pawns not being spawned on new maps I believe there shouldn't be any problems, all you have to do is load your save and do

set trestkon pawndifficulty <n>

n can be, I believe, 0-3, 3 being the maximum. The actual values are off the top of my head, so feel free to experiment and see what works.
NVShacker
Are you still there?
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

This can also be used for ItemDifficulty.

or PawnHealth which I believe acts like a multiplier.
deachem
Thug

Post by deachem »

Sweet, I'll try it out. Thanks for the responses, guys =]