teknikal's FAN ART thread of joy - now with Kylie!

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
deuxhero
UNATCO

Re: teknikal's FAN ART thread of joy - now with Kylie!

Post by deuxhero »

Careful, Australian law has some quirks (that it shares with Canadian law oddly enough) that drawings of fictional characters can count as a person.

That aside, very nice. Scara acctualy looks scary, instead of the silly he does in-game because of his unique skin tone.
teknikal
UNATCO

Post by teknikal »

deuxhero wrote:Careful, Australian law has some quirks (that it shares with Canadian law oddly enough) that drawings of fictional characters can count as a person.
Wha? What you getting at?

Oh and thanks for the nice comment btw :)
teknikal's gallery: http://teknikal-vision.deviantart.com/
We are the future. Better than kings... gods!
>come join DXFC: The Church of JC: http://deus-ex-fan-club.deviantart.com/
deuxhero
UNATCO

Post by deuxhero »

In December 2008, Australian Justice Michael Adams decided that "A cartoon character might well constitute the depiction of such a person" (I know nothing of Australian law, all the other quotes on the subject have him phrase it as uncriten on his choice, how does he make a ruleing when he's like that?)

Canada's Chief justice made a similar ruleing "Interpreting "person" in accordance with... ...it seems that it should include visual works of the imagination as well as depictions of actual people." Then says this is true, despite saying HERSELF that the official legal definition of "person" in Canada is explicitly given in Canadian Law (the criminal code contains a section entirely of definitions) as a flesh and blood person.

Enough complaining about Chief Justices I don't like (and think are bench legislating nut jobs), that's off topic.
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

But then...surely for anything actually negative to even think about possibly maybe happening, someone on the OTP team would have to object to the depictions. And I can't see that happening...
Jcelios
MJ12

Post by Jcelios »

deuxhero wrote:In December 2008, Australian Justice Michael Adams decided that "A cartoon character might well constitute the depiction of such a person" (I know nothing of Australian law, all the other quotes on the subject have him phrase it as uncriten on his choice, how does he make a ruleing when he's like that?)

Canada's Chief justice made a similar ruleing "Interpreting "person" in accordance with... ...it seems that it should include visual works of the imagination as well as depictions of actual people." Then says this is true, despite saying HERSELF that the official legal definition of "person" in Canada is explicitly given in Canadian Law (the criminal code contains a section entirely of definitions) as a flesh and blood person.

Enough complaining about Chief Justices I don't like (and think are bench legislating nut jobs), that's off topic.
I get the feeling we're missing some context here.
Regardless, arm chair criticisms of chief justices like that are pretty silly.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

arm chair criticism are what forums are all about.

on that note: TNM IS TOO FUCKING HARD

DDL: I object to the fact that there's no depiction of that guy.
spyhopping
Thug

Post by spyhopping »

Wow, I'm seriously impressed with your artwork, Nicole. I was having an absent minded sketch of a few of the characters from TNM the other day and it's really pleased me to see you doing the same. And with so much talent! I've been thinking about getting a deviant art account for a while, and it's encouraged me to see that you have a DX group going on over there.

Hi everyone by the way. I'm Lucy, I lurked around PDX back in the day but I was only young, and so didn't get too involved. I've just decided to sidle over from the DX3 forums because I can't express my enthusiasm for TNM at all over there. Absolutely love it.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

spyhopping wrote:I was having an absent minded sketch of a few of the characters from TNM the other day and it's really pleased me to see you doing the same. And with so much talent! I've been thinking about getting a deviant art account for a while, and it's encouraged me to see that you have a DX group going on over there.
Ooh ooh! I want to see :mrgreen:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
spyhopping
Thug

Post by spyhopping »

Sure! I'm busy for the next couple of days, but when I get the chance to spruce them up and get them looking a bit more interesting I'll post them here. :)
teknikal
UNATCO

Post by teknikal »

*comes crawling back to forums after the prolonged absence caused by death and funeral-related crap -_-'*

Hi again everyone! Been a couple of weeks. Feels like an eternity.

I was thinking that unless someone objects there is no problem with what I'm doing... and the majority of responses I'm getting here is generally: do more & draw me!!! :P

(and doesn't the Creative Commons act cover me anyway?)
that guy wrote:DDL: I object to the fact that there's no depiction of that guy.
*adds to the "To Draw list"* I really can't wait to have time to do these requests!

Hi Lucy! Nice to know I've inspired you :D Can't wait to see your stuff! And yeah come join our little fan club too!!!
spyhopping wrote: I've just decided to sidle over from the DX3 forums because I can't express my enthusiasm for TNM at all over there. Absolutely love it.
Oh and I hear that. So many people over there claim to be DX1 fans, yet no-one's talking 'bout TNM! It also annoys me that Eidos Montreal has failed to comment on TNM. Further proof DX3 has the chance of easily sucking. I mean, TNM raised my standards for DX3!

I try to participate on the DX3 forums but I always get pissed off at the retardedness of everyone! You should have seen the uproar over my proposal that they ought to make an alternate sequel to DX1; so we have something instead of Invisible War. (in other words pretend it never happened!) Everyone's like: you can't do that!!! *whine whine*. God i hate the DX3 forums... the moderators on there are nice... but a lot of the people aren't. OTP forums is much much better. Freedom of speech and DX1 sucky-upedness rejoice!

Hey Jonas... another female TNM fan providing fan art? What gives? LOL XD
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

teknikal wrote:It also annoys me that Eidos Montreal has failed to comment on TNM.
Actually, René contacted me a few weeks ago and we've been working on some things, one of which is the little bit of secret content in the new patch. Nothing major, but kinda neat. He's been quite supportive and it's nice to have someone to bother who has better connections than us :p

You might also be interested in the new post on the moddb frontpage ;) Or, if it's been pushed off by the time you see this you can check it out here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-nameless- ... of-fan-art
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
teknikal
UNATCO

Post by teknikal »

Ah, so they did it in secret did they? Guess I spoke too soon!
Good to know they took notice. I hope they learn from what you guys have done with TNM for DX3, 'cause well, they should :P

Yeah Rene's a good guy. He's prolly the only reason I can tolerate DX3 forums. LOL

*views the link*

Gwah! awesome! Thank you so much for that Lawrence! I honestly never thought drawing fan art would actually pay itself off one day. Still I'm mostly happy to have made you guys happy :D

And something random I just remembered... Shane... what is Jonas going on about you wanting me to think your awesome? *raises quizically amused eyebrow*
spyhopping
Thug

Post by spyhopping »

Oh and I hear that. So many people over there claim to be DX1 fans, yet no-one's talking 'bout TNM! It also annoys me that Eidos Montreal has failed to comment on TNM. Further proof DX3 has the chance of easily sucking. I mean, TNM raised my standards for DX3!

I try to participate on the DX3 forums but I always get pissed off at the retardedness of everyone! You should have seen the uproar over my proposal that they ought to make an alternate sequel to DX1; so we have something instead of Invisible War. (in other words pretend it never happened!) Everyone's like: you can't do that!!! *whine whine*. God i hate the DX3 forums... the moderators on there are nice... but a lot of the people aren't. OTP forums is much much better. Freedom of speech and DX1 sucky-upedness rejoice!
Yeah I know what you mean. The negativity there sometimes leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But I do try to see past it. There are some interesting discussions to be had, even though a lot of them very loosely pertain to DX!
It's good to know that René has been supporting you lot. Maybe the DX3 team can learn something from TNM!

I'm almost finished with work so I'll be able to have a good draw soon. I started off with Zeropresence a while ago, so I'll probably finish him off first. Can't wait to get some pics done, I haven't been able to do any proper art for weeks.
Hey Jonas... another female TNM fan providing fan art? What gives? LOL XD
Hah! It's quite an obscure thing for sure. Hmmm, there must be something that happens in TNM that triggers a desire only in women to express themselves... I wonder what it is ;)
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

teknikal wrote:And something random I just remembered... Shane... what is Jonas going on about you wanting me to think your awesome? *raises quizically amused eyebrow*
We are awesome...what do you mean?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

spyhopping wrote:Hmmm, there must be something that happens in TNM that triggers a desire only in women to express themselves... I wonder what it is ;)
:shock:
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine