Before I play this...

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
GrammerAngel
Mole Person

Before I play this...

Post by GrammerAngel »

Alright, time to put this account to good use...

I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask before I finish downloading this;

Does this game have a monetary system? Not the watered down buy-something-you-probably-have-anyway-for-incredibly-inflated-prices-from-some-guy-standing-on-the-corner-of-the-street but the ability to sell and earn money at an actual store.

Does this game still carry the skills system from the original? Are there any new skills?

Is there any point to stealth in this game?

How many sidequests are we talking here?

Can you upgrade weapons with the lasers, scopes, and so-forth?

Thanks in advance,
GrammerAngel
Hey, cowboy! Do you know the man who has two right hands? The double-right-handed man?
-Polnareff, JoJo's Bazarre Adventure
Kee715
Illuminati

Re: Before I play this...

Post by Kee715 »

GrammerAngel wrote:Does this game have a monetary system? Not the watered down buy-something-you-probably-have-anyway-for-incredibly-inflated-prices-from-some-guy-standing-on-the-corner-of-the-street but the ability to sell and earn money at an actual store.

Does this game still carry the skills system from the original? Are there any new skills?

How many side quests are we talking here?

There are Credits, like in Deus Ex (Which you seem to have played), but they are used like in Vanilla DX (Find, spend), not like in Fallout (Buy/sell earn/spend.)

Swimming has been replaced by Fists, your swimming skill is trained BTW, And there are still re-breathers and Aqualung for the swimming enthusiast.

There are a lot of side quests (I have not found them all)

Stealth is up to you, you can play like a ninja or you can (Stupidly IMO) play as if you are Gordon Freeman.

Weapon modifications are still present, and they act just like before.

"Grammer" is spelled "Grammar" BTW.
GrammerAngel
Mole Person

Post by GrammerAngel »

Yeah, I know about the Grammer/Grammar conversion.

Thanks, and one last question. Is there any benefit in this game to knocking out opponents versus killing them outright?
Hey, cowboy! Do you know the man who has two right hands? The double-right-handed man?
-Polnareff, JoJo's Bazarre Adventure
Laro24
NSF

Post by Laro24 »

Well, I never use fists so much but I think, if you want to use stealth it works, attack them behind, at the neck.

And the knockdowned person is not dead.
bAlert=true To ProtocolDescription=Deus Ex Protocol
Credits=500 send to User=Laro24

Xfire=True to User=Laro24
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Like in Deus Ex KO vs Kill all comes down to minor dialogue changes and small differing rewards. (P praises killing, K doesn't like killing. On the flip side S tells you to kill a lot, but most of the time I like to be reluctant or not kill people just to piss him off.)
Senior Sporf
Mole Person

Post by Senior Sporf »

Does this game have a monetary system? Not the watered down buy-something-you-probably-have-anyway-for-incredibly-inflated-prices-from-some-guy-standing-on-the-corner-of-the-street but the ability to sell and earn money at an actual store.
Well... It has the credits system from Deus Ex where you can do certain parts of some quests with and is earned from the main quest and side quests. It also houses a full weapon store, improved vending machines and small little shops.
Yes, except for the swimming skill which was virtually useless and only remotely useful in the Hong Kong canals.
Yep, you'll usually have a onslaught of enemies firing at you if you don't do a silent take down.
How many sidequests are we talking here?
Around 8ish I guess.
Yep.

Also if you work for PDX Kashue would give you more credits if you knock people unconscious rather than kill them.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

There are far more than 8 side quests... but I guess the ultimate number will vary, depending on your definition.
I beleive I have found them all and if you count everything that gets added to your objectives screen, I would say the number is closer to 20, although they can't all be accessed in one playthrough.

And as for KO'ing people, it has more effect than in DX due to the many different endings, and people living(KO'd) will be different from dead people.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum