I WANT BOW TOWARD YOUR WORK THANK YOU THANK YOU !

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
BERLINOne
Mole Person

I WANT BOW TOWARD YOUR WORK THANK YOU THANK YOU !

Post by BERLINOne »

I mean really what i had wrote above,,,
i havent played it yet...but I WILL FOR SURE.Im so greatful i still cant believe it you have made possibile what i have hoped so long time.....i have played DE again and again and evrytime i wished that somwhere with the right abilities would make exactly what you have made.But now after its done ....MAN i had never dreamed to get such an opulent work.....195.000 words ...100 of mails and so on .....and what the greatest GameMagazine here in Germany wrote about your Mod ( i think mod is not the right word for this DE 2 would sound better) is really great and made me thrill to play it.
AGAIN THANK YOU GUYS TO ALL THAT MADE THIS POSSIBLE.

An last thing i think that (when i choose to buy it) 1,75 Dollar are really really cheap....and honestly i think it would be okey if you hade asked from evrybody who dl this "mod" (i repeat its an full game for me).....minimum "5" dollars.
I mean man "7" years of work....?
There are devloper out there that asks much much more with increased regularity for such an crap...and you after such an great work....?

Thanks again
I will let you now what i think exactly about this mod when i had played it.

BERLINOne
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: I WANT BOW TOWARD YOUR WORK THANK YOU THANK YOU !

Post by Jonas »

Hey man, wow thanks a lot. Glad to hear you're impressed!

However, why don't you play it first, and then get back to us with your opinions? I mean it would probably be a good idea to see if you like it before you praise it? ;)

The reason why the DVD is so cheap is that we can't make any money off the project, or we'd break Eidos's copyright. But thanks for your encouragement :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
BERLINOne
Mole Person

Post by BERLINOne »

Hey Jonas,
look perhaps im too old to be such entuhsiast..:) but i collect and play naturally...games now from 1985.....and also i have an great collection of games (700 )...most of them really "pearls" of the gaming "History"...BUT....for me....i repeat FOR ME are DEUS EX 1 and HALF-LIFE 1 till now 2 of the best and probally Deus Ex 1 THE BEST GAME EVER of this Kind of game.I still cant hear it anymore and read it too (the most and greatest of the GameMagazines worldwide).
When people speak about the incredible GRAPHIC of new games like Crysis as an example.I say Crysis...what Crysis.I think with all this GRAPHICHYPE the most of the devlopers have forgotten over the last 10 years that the most important thing is ATHMOSPHERE.....ultimatley its not so difficult .

I tell you that because you looked really astonished about my words...but believe me You espacially as Lead Designer DESERVES this and I AM ASTONISHED that no more like my mails
reached you.First its incredible that in the space of 7 years the project is not parted and that you guys of the team had held together....believe me its difficult for an "professional devopler team" and much much more for an team like yours.You had the audiacity to contuine this mod over 7 years despite the voices (and im sure there were voices like that) that said.....forget it.....after so long time noone will play it......the graphic will be to old after 7 years...and so on.

And another thing......calling this an MOD is real UNDERSTATEMENT......i mean ....most of the games are released in the past are not longer as you "mod".....right? (i mean playtime).

I even cant immagine how much work and lifeblood are behind this mod.....and believe me if i was an devolper the first thing i will do was to TAKE THE COMPLETE MODDING TEAM UNDER CONTRACT........because when you guys had achieved to finished such an difficult project what else is possible under an powerful devolper with enough money.....no i stand to what i say you hade made an GREAT WORK......and you deserve great tribute yet for standing together till the end.....GREAT WORK.

I wish there were more guys like you in the devolper studious around the world im sure we would have then a much fewer CRAP / Games ...with OVER OVER OVER INCREDIBLE As..Kicking GRAPHIC........on the market and much more "pearls" like DeusEx and your Mod.

AGAIN YOU GUYS ARE GREAT.........!

BERLINOne
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Thanks BERLINOne :) Your enthusiasm is much appreciated!

What German magazine did you read about TNM in? Do you happen to have a scanner handy? We collect scans of articles on TNM :D
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
theoneh
Mole Person

Post by theoneh »

I think he's talking about "GameStar", I've read the article too.

I don't have a scanner here, but I've translated the article, so not-german-speaking-folks can read it too. I translated it on the fly and didn't really bother to read through it again, so if there are mistakes and certain words seem to feel a bit clumsy, please forgive me.

Here it is:

Deus Ex – The Nameless Mod

Finally, one of the best games of all time receives a worthy sucessor. But not from professional developers, but from fans.

The second Deux Ex was a good game, but as a sequel, it was a dissapointment. Compared to its prequel it has smaller levels and its compromises in gameplay, in order to accommodate for the parallelly developed console version, are simply too big. The complex mix between ego-shooter, rpg and conspiracy-thriller, that, which has made Deux Ex great, had not been reached – until now. While Eidos is still working on Deus Ex 3, a few fans have, after 7 years of development, released a mod which puts you in a multilayered world, full of distinctive characters and exciting decisions. And now: Welcome to Forum City, the setting of Nameless Mod!

The name already implies it: Forum City represents the internet. Strictly speaking the city is the digital represantation of a forum, inhabited by users, similar to the 80ies cyberflick Tron. But instead of neon-colors you get Deus-Ex-graphics. They may now be hopelessly dated, but nevertheless the details appropriate. Pedestrians chat in street-corners, animals roam through the alleys and the firewall-police patrols through the city with its neverending rain.

The masters of this world are the moderators, immortal being, who try to keep the balance between the rivalling interest-groups intact, may it be supporters of different fan-sites or believeres of the major religious online-cults.

When one of these moderators vanishes, the balance of power shifts, Forum City is in danger of collapsing into chaos. Only you, a former moderator-aspirant, can save the city. Or not, because like in Deux Ex, throughout the 59 levels you can again and again chose for whom you want to work with, how you want to continue a conversation and whether you want rely on negotiations, thievery of brute force. Every small decision changes the reactions of lots of the inhabitants and ultimately leads to one of the five, in part very long, ending-sequences.

The Nameless Mod incorporates every gameplay-mechanic of Deus Ex. You sneak around enemies, hack security-installations and improve, for example, your vigor with cinetic implants. But there are also numerous innovations. Besides the 20 additional weapons, you use fists and power-gloves in close-range-combat and disable electronic improvements of your enemies with EMP-grenades. The new logfile informs you about every sub-task on the way and records your progress in detail. Finally, the 14 hours of voiced dialogs are accompanied by hundres of e-mails, books and datapads.

Despite the dark mood, the Nameless Mod doesn’t take itself too seriously and consistenly alludes to its uncommon scenario in a ironic way. For example, in one of the first mission you have to banish some carefree forum-greenhorns. And as a alleged super-agent you then have to listen to a lesson about what those ominous “noobs” are all about.

Design 5/5
Size 5/5
Fun 5/5
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Wow that's pretty great. Thanks for the translation :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
BERLINOne
Mole Person

Post by BERLINOne »

I can scan it and send it to you i need an Email adress please .

BERLINOne
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

You can send it to tnm@offtopicproductions.com please :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

How did you get the voices to be staticy and robotic?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
gothemasticator
Thug

Post by gothemasticator »

"ego-shooter"

This is exactly what the game is when you die as often as my guy does!

PS -- Trestkon, I hope you are feeling well today after all the horrible deaths I have witnessed you having. :(
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Thanks for the translation! I really need to learn...every language :p
Xesum wrote:How did you get the voices to be staticy and robotic?
For the firewalls?
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
BERLINOne
Mole Person

Post by BERLINOne »

Hello
i have send it an scan of the article.But i have another question....i really havent understand what
"gothemasticator".....wanted to say with his post.Can you please explain it to me.Did he appreciate your work or was it an critic...i havent understand it really...sorry?

BERLINOne

PS: I wanna start an Discussion in the Gamestar forum about your Mod if you give your ok.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Trestkon wrote:Thanks for the translation! I really need to learn...every language :p
Xesum wrote:How did you get the voices to be staticy and robotic?
For the firewalls?
Yes, what tool did you use?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Grub
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Grub »

Goldwave and lots of filtering and voice layering.
gothemasticator
Thug

Post by gothemasticator »

BerlinONE,

I am a fan of TNM. I was only making a joke, a play on words, which probably did not cross languages very well.

The translation of "first-person shooter" into "ego shooter" made me laugh. In English, "ego shooter" sounds like a thing which shoots your ego, or hurts your pride. And when I die a lot in the game, I feel as if my ego has been shot.

I did not mean to offend or confuse you.