Why can't there be more TNM?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Xesum
Illuminati

Why can't there be more TNM?

Post by Xesum »

As I'm sure we all know, the NameLess Mod is so awesome, but don't we all want more? As the great Oliver Twist said: "Please Sir, I want some more."

You know, say like: The Year is 2009 and what's left of Forum City has ended up being "Off Topic City". Since the War against the Board Guests; the world has been sent into Chaos, and The only Moderator is the least likely - Jonas the Scientist.

Just a thought.

Though you could have it a one way thing like in DX:IW where it's like one little map, and you can only get there by activating certain things in Jonas' lab in a certain order, like the Delorean and the Back to the Future Case etc, and using them in the right order takes you to this little map.

In this little map, you can have all the developer quotes etc.

And you could have people crying over DNF etc.

Sound good?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Why can't there be more TNM?

Post by Jaedar »

This would be pretty cool, as an addon to TNM

But I believe the dev team would rather move on to make something with another engine that they can also make money off.
(based on all the whining in game about the DX engine :) )
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jaedar wrote:But I believe the dev team would rather move on to make something with another engine that they can also make money off.
Yep :p Anyone else is welcome to make a TNM add-on, though!
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jane_Denton
X-51

Post by Jane_Denton »

Trestkon wrote:
Jaedar wrote:But I believe the dev team would rather move on to make something with another engine that they can also make money off.
Why mess with perfection! =D> Unless of course it's to make it longer with more missions! =P~
Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become...
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jane_Denton wrote:
Trestkon wrote:
Unless of course it's to make it longer with more missions! =P~
That is my idea.
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Grub
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Grub »

[opinion mode activated]

I love TNM but if we're ever going to do it again then we need to be "in the mood." Like, "oh my god we're nostalgic old fogies drowning in cash like scrooge mcduck and we're also working with Eidos and a bunch of other companies so we can do it officially" in the mood ;)

But that's just my take on the subject. All opinions expressed within do not reflect the views of Off Topic Productions or its employees (except alek)

However, TNM is open for people to mod. If some brave Trestkon-like soul wants to get together a rag-tag team of crazy Canadians, Australians, Brits, Americans and Danes and spend seven years playing around with BSP holes, I wholeheartedly support your efforts :)