TNM Poster Art Project

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
spyhopping
Thug

Re: TNM Poster Art Project

Post by spyhopping »

A cup of strong tea, not too milky. First thing in the morning, last thing at night- perfect.

Love where your poster is going by the way, Teknikal :D
~Psychotic~
Silhouette

Post by ~Psychotic~ »

spyhopping wrote:A cup of strong tea, not too milky. First thing in the morning, last thing at night- perfect.
Hell yeah.
When I was younger I knew a motherfucker like you!
teknikal
UNATCO

Post by teknikal »

spyhopping wrote:A cup of strong tea, not too milky. First thing in the morning, last thing at night- perfect.
Love where your poster is going by the way, Teknikal :D
Thanks spyhopping! How's your art going by the way?

Mmmmm tea. Yes I prefer tea over coffee definitely, especially something from the Twinings range. Hold the milk though. Two sugars. Make mine strong - leave the tea bag in :D

Anyway... MINOR UPDATE 2

Did some more tweaking on the composition. Added a spot for Ryan. Photoshopped in the ROFL from the manual just so I know where it's going. Added the key colour scheme to test it out. Whipped out my city skyline Photoshop brushes to test out a basic skyline background.

Oh and a quick rough practice study of Ryan is here: http://teknikal-vision.deviantart.com/a ... -131715535 (thanks again for the reference pics Jonas :))

More on this asap. (Goddamn I can't wait to get a start on the final poster!)
teknikal's gallery: http://teknikal-vision.deviantart.com/
We are the future. Better than kings... gods!
>come join DXFC: The Church of JC: http://deus-ex-fan-club.deviantart.com/
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hm Ryan looks a bit odd hovering up there over Scara's shoulder, but I'm not sure where else to put him.

Excellent sketch of Ryan over on DeviantArt, you actually managed to make him look natural. The reason he looks weirdish in-game is that he uses the child model but resized to an almost-adult height. Love his stance too, it looks like he's standing in the control room gesturing out towards the launch platform while speaking to Trestkon.

Love the colours and the skyline. When you do draw the ROFL, consider making it point in towards the centre of the image to make it appear more threatening :)

Is there any reason you haven't put OTP's logo on there somewhere? I'm assuming you're going to sign it too, maybe sign it in the lower right and put OTP's logo in the lower left? Or would you rather not associate the drawing with us? (I can totally understand if you don't want to do that.)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:Hm Ryan looks a bit odd hovering up there over Scara's shoulder, but I'm not sure where else to put him.
I think he might look good to the right... Either by the D in mod or under Trestkons left arm.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
teknikal
UNATCO

Post by teknikal »

Jonas wrote:Is there any reason you haven't put OTP's logo on there somewhere? I'm assuming you're going to sign it too, maybe sign it in the lower right and put OTP's logo in the lower left? Or would you rather not associate the drawing with us? (I can totally understand if you don't want to do that.)
OF COURSE I'll add the OTP logo onto the final image. Silly Jonas :P

Dressing like that I'll add last, 'cause it's easier to do all that last.
And there's no way I am not going to associate this image with your work. It's publicity art after all. I hope when it's done you can make good use of it. :mrgreen:
Advertising support hurrah!!!

All other comments and feedback I'll take into account in the next revision Stay tuned everyone. :)
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

I LOVE those colours, tek :D

The city background is quite excellent, I can't wait to get my paws on this poster when it's finished!
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Do you think it might work if you put That Guy next to Evil (since they are sort of each others' mirror image) and moved Ryan over ZeroPresence, behind Scara? You could make Ryan a bit larger then too, drawing him from the waist up. I think it would be cool to maintain that sort of crescent line the characters are forming in your current version.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

The view of that guy from the monitor's perspective is a little odd. In the concept drawing it kind of makes him look like an evil pianist >_>. Could possibly be resolved by rotating him to the left or right then having his head turn to face the viewport. Otherwise still cool ^_^
teknikal
UNATCO

Post by teknikal »

Sure sure... making note of everyone's thoughts and comments. I shall try and address all of them in the next pass of the mock-up.
Nit-picking much appreciated :mrgreen:

Glad you like the colours. It's amazing how much of a mood is established when 1 simple base colour scheme is added, isn't it?

Oh and I keep forgetting to ask this... Larry dude! Your avatar pic is so awesome. I always stare at it every time I'm on here.
Is there a higher resolution pic of it anywhere that I can see to satisfy my artistic curiosity? :D And... who drew it?
Kee715
Illuminati

Post by Kee715 »

It was not drawn, but 'twas created when a lightning bolt of pure awesome hit some coloured rocks on (the awesome part of) Mars. Scientists then took pics of it and sent it to earth, but because of a typo it was sent to Trestkon! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kee715 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
teknikal
UNATCO

Post by teknikal »

i wish i had a jar of pure awesomeness... imagine painting with that!?

My art would rule the world and stop world hunger!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

teknikal wrote:i wish i had a jar of pure awesomeness... imagine painting with that!?

My art would rule the world and stop world hunger!
Hey, for we who can't draw water you are full of awsomeness.Good luck with uni and all that
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

teknikal wrote:Oh and I keep forgetting to ask this... Larry dude! Your avatar pic is so awesome. I always stare at it every time I'm on here.
Is there a higher resolution pic of it anywhere that I can see to satisfy my artistic curiosity? :D And... who drew it?
It's actually a "Magic: The Gathering" card. I think I have a higer resolution scan, I'll check when I get home tomorrow :)
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

I think it might be best if there are no characters above Scara, but that would leave a lot of empty space. Perhaps a black helicopter or two could be featured.

Regardless of whether or not you agree with that, I second Jonas' idea about maintaining the crescent. It just looks cool.

Great work as always, by the way.