Praise to Thee

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Hoss
Mole Person

Praise to Thee

Post by Hoss »

Last week I decided, it would be a good idea to play DeusEx again - a yearly event, I should add - and to have a look at moddb, if their are still some fanatics, who develop new mods for it.
To my surprise I found TNM now released. The first time, I heard of it, I thougt: What an utterly ridiculous idea to make a mod, which symbolizes a real, existant forum. It must be full of in-jokes, that only the hardcore forumites understand.
But I was curious enough to set it on a nightshift download and went to bed. Sunday morning, fresh cup of coffee - Install.

The only valid description would be: INGENIOUS

At times I laughed so loud, my cat must have thought, that I´m now fully nuts. I played the full PDX-storyline, after which I realized the time: 3 o´clock in the morning :D

This mod is surely the best DeusEx-Mod, I ever played. Last weekend I went with Mr. King. I´ll surely play it a few times more and will post maybe something here. Till then:

A BIG BIG THANK YOU
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Praise to Thee

Post by bobby 55 »

Welcome to the forums Hoss. Jonas and Trestkon will 'officially' respond when they get to see your post.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Heh, I think bobby 55 should be our official forum greeter.

Welcome to the forums Hoss and thank you very much for the compliments, I think it's nice when people give the mod a go before writing it off completely. Usually people seem pleasantly surprised after playing it.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

It's all the timezones. When half the world's asleep I'm awake. Seems a little rude just to leave people hanging around for a response when you guys are having a well deserved kip.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hoss
Mole Person

Post by Hoss »

Thanks for the welcome and yes - the timezones #-o - problem (or not) in all international visited forums. At the moment I´m thinking of lunch (Germany, near Hannover).
Aaah, and Phasmatis, when playing PDX it´s always a pleasure to get some goodies from you for solving the problems the proper way :twisted:
That Kashue guy surely should sit around a fire and sing some Kumbayah (wasn´t that a line from Scara?)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Phasmatis wrote:Heh, I think bobby 55 should be our official forum greeter.

Welcome to the forums Hoss and thank you very much for the compliments, I think it's nice when people give the mod a go before writing it off completely. Usually people seem pleasantly surprised after playing it.
Yes well put old chap.

Hoss: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. And welcome to the forums.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hoss
Mole Person

Post by Hoss »

@ Jonas
Thanks for the welcome and to make this clear: I didn´t want to be offensive, when I wrote:
"To my surprise I found TNM now released. The first time, I heard of it, I thought: What an utterly ridiculous idea to make a mod, which symbolizes a real, existant forum. It must be full of in-jokes, that only the hardcore forumites understand."

It´s just a kind of ... how do these marketing fuzzies call it? ... bad communicated ???

After I was able to make a pause from TNM (cause it´s kind of addictive), I read some reviews and previews of it and I found, that many ppl had similar thoughts :roll:

Anyway, you guys have delivered a true piece of gaming-art.

Yours sincerely

Hoss

P.S.: In the WC playthrough, when meeting Phas, I thought, Trestkon would say something like: "It was never democracy and it will never be and you know it, Phas. It´s always ´might is right´ in the forums, and whoever doesn´t like it - get lost, punk! Especially you with your bloodthirst aren´t in the position to tell me, what´s right or wrong. So get lost - punk!" :twisted:

P.P.S.: Greetings from my cat (Kobold, 17 year old Korat with a nearly unmemorizable birth name) to your cats, as I found out here in the forum (and due to a certain cheatcode), that you like cats, too :smile:
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Thanks for dropping by, Hoss! We love friendly, ego inflating visitors :D
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

The first time, I heard of it, I thougt: What an utterly ridiculous idea to make a mod, which symbolizes a real, existant forum. It must be full of in-jokes, that only the hardcore forumites understand.
Didn't we all?

(Okay, in all fairness I had no idea what TNM was the first time I heard it of it, but that was what crossed the mind earlier this year).

But once you start playing, one just cannot stop. More addictive than Zyme/Crystal Melk! :D.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

First time I heard of TNM; hmm that sounds pretty sweet, worth a download. WAIT what? The thing isn't done yet, and it says they've been working since 2003! Man, that shit will never get released.
Fortunately, the second assumption was wrong, and the first was most definitely right.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum