Today I was bored so I wrote a spoiler-free review

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Today I was bored so I wrote a spoiler-free review

Post by Jonas »

Exactly :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

It's the answer to all questions and missions: "Just shoot everyone"

Unless in PDX HQ before picking a side/joining PDX ;).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jaedar wrote: On that note: Is it possible to still join the Llamas if you dispose of Abom? And if I knock out DT to get the pickyture, can I still join the Goats?
Turns out, you can still join the Goats if you knock out DT, in fact, he won't even comment on it. The same should be true for Abom, though I havn't tried it.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Tried once and gave up (re your spoiler second nominee).
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jaedar wrote:Turns out, you can still join the Goats if you knock out DT, in fact, he won't even comment on it. The same should be true for Abom, though I havn't tried it.
When did you do that? Did you give the real plans, then knock him down after talking in Goat City?

I knocked him down after getting the mission-post SC (without talking to him), and am close to finding out wheter or not the Goats hate me. Didn't get a PM from DT after leaving PDX HQ, but according to "legend" I am still allied to the goats. Haven't visited Goat City yet.
I'll keep you updated as the story develops ;).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Hassat Hunter wrote:When did you do that?
Killed abom(totally unrelated, I did it for the lulz) and then after I had my 1000c I got the DT message and went and knocked him out, then I knocked him out again post SC after taking his quest(to see if he would mention my knocking him out)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Ashsaver
Thug

Post by Ashsaver »

Hmm... interesting solutions (Knocking those 2 out) i'll try that next time.

....does anyone tried shooting Abomb with Phat rifle yet? that thought just now, occurred to me,but i left it at the PDX, has to pick it up and try that...later.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Ashsaver wrote:Hmm... interesting solutions (Knocking those 2 out) i'll try that next time.

....does anyone tried shooting Abomb with Phat rifle yet? that thought just now, occurred to me,but i left it at the PDX, has to pick it up and try that...later.
Best mother-trucking kill weapon as long as you fire before your target knows you are there. Watch out then especially around Abom! spoiler*.kills everyone except moderators!
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DarkPhoenix
NSF

Post by DarkPhoenix »

A while back I told Jonas I would try to do a Wikipedia article for TNM.. well I didn't get around to it.. (I didn't even get to play my second walkthrough of TNM.) Real life got in the way- Sorry.. Ya know the road to hell is paved with the best intentions.. I'm gonna burn big time.

But I see they did start making their own Wiki. It seems to me this review is just the type of thing that can be added to the Wiki. If not to actually post on Wikipedia, perhaps a link under references under User Reviews that links back to the wiki draft?

http://thenamelessmod.com/wiki/Wikipedia_Draft

What do you folks think?

EDIT: I notice that there are actually many (at least 3) different User Reviews for TNM in the forums. All of this content should get worked onto a User Reviews page. Then it would be easy to port any of the reviews to places like Mod DB if not already on there.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Not a bad idea, but will Wikipedia put much stock in review from fans? I think we might have to stick with official review from websites/magazines.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
DarkPhoenix
NSF

Post by DarkPhoenix »

Trestkon wrote:Not a bad idea, but will Wikipedia put much stock in review from fans? I think we might have to stick with official review from websites/magazines.
You may be right.. but I have seen worse in the "references" section of a Wikipedia page.

At least you could still use it on your draft page from this site, since Wikipedia does not have to have that on their site. Or perhaps a Users Reviews link from your main site page sort of like what GameSpot does.

It's funny about Wikipedia.. there are tons of things there that are inaccurate or just plain wrong but they stay just because someone deemed it "professional content".

Aren't there other sites like wikipedia.. take offs on Wikipedia so to speak?