Thank You

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Thank You

Post by Jaedar »

Grammatolatry wrote:I thought something significant would happen there, but...no...it's just a restaurant.
A restaurant being inhabited by a gang leader, you mean. But yeah, I also found that place wierd the first time, since that was back when the quest-giver was virtually undetectable(and he still is hard to see imo)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Jaedar wrote:
Grammatolatry wrote:I thought something significant would happen there, but...no...it's just a restaurant.
A restaurant being inhabited by a gang leader, you mean. But yeah, I also found that place wierd the first time, since that was back when the quest-giver was virtually undetectable(and he still is hard to see imo)
What? Wasn't that one of those firewall agents? In what way is he undetectable?
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Originally the firewall agent who gave the quest was located farther back, behind the barricade if I recall correctly. Apparently people simply walked passed the firewalls without really taking note of them, and thus never learned about the quest.

[Added:] How on earth would who gives you that quest be a spoiler?
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

chris the cynic wrote:Originally the firewall agent who gave the quest was located farther back, behind the barricade if I recall correctly. Apparently people simply walked passed the firewalls without really taking note of them, and thus never learned about the quest.

[Added:] How on earth would who gives you that quest be a spoiler?
People might not have known one can get a quest from him.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

chris the cynic wrote:Apparently people simply walked passed the firewalls without really taking note of them, and thus never learned about the quest.

The first time I saw a firewall, I tried to talk to him, but he just gave that insanely cool line "deviant behavior recorded and filed" and I just assumed they were all that way. I still think the quest giver is a bit hard to notice.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

gamer0004 wrote:People might not have known one can get a quest from him.
Isn't that an issue though? They tried correcting somewhat with 1.0.1.

It triggers if you get near him (not?) so missing it is pretty difficult now. At least I found in my first game, 1.0.1.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Most importantly, even if you do still miss him, there are loads of other ways to get the money you need to progress.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Unless you kill all questgivers, pick up all money, then spend it all on Whoever snacks or Alpha Operator items.

With just the creds lying around you can't get 1500 for Scara's PM, and if you manage to get under 1000 by snacking (unless each time you buy something their money is increased by said amount, don't think that happens though) your effectively stuck.

Needless to say you have to play incredibly stupid to archieve that, but it's possible! :D
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

If you do all that, you deserve to get stuck.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Morti
UNATCO

Post by Morti »

Is that even possible? I know Trestkon will refuse to buy augs from that guy in Sol's until he has his subway pass, cheeky little git that he is.

But yes, if someone gave you a mission to earn money for a subway pass and you went back to that person and said "sorry, I spent it on chocolate" they'd probably leave saving the world to somebody else anyway.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Morti wrote:But yes, if someone gave you a mission to earn money for a subway pass and you went back to that person and said "sorry, I spent it on chocolate" they'd probably leave saving the world to somebody else anyway.

Hahahaha! Why does a Snickers ad come to mind. lol
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Morti wrote:Is that even possible? I know Trestkon will refuse to buy augs from that guy in Sol's until he has his subway pass, cheeky little git that he is.
I think it's possible, yeah. We blocked off the major money sinks (the gambler in Sol's, Alpha's quotes game, and Kunio's augs) and made sure there were no vending machines to waste money on (originally there was a drink and a snack machine in the lobby of the apartment building), but I think you can still waste your money on Whoever's snacks. I think the idea was that spending a lot of money on Whoever would take so much time and be so awkward that nobody would possibly do it by accident :P
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Jonas wrote:originally there was a drink and a snack machine in the lobby of the apartment building
There still is... :lol:
But yeah, aside from these and Whoever there is also Alpha Operator selling stuff like wine.
But that's all... and none take really large amounts of credits.
sleepy47
Thug

Post by sleepy47 »

Couple of questions and observations.

First of all, I'm finding the game tougher than the original. I'm playing on the default difficulty and it's plenty hard which is definitely a good thing. I keep running out of multitools and lockpicks leaving me to find other means to get stuff done, so I decided to go to Ravings to pick up some stuff.

Now keep in mind that I've already gone there and got my pistols, so I figured I was good to go back. Anyway, I go over there and the guy that runs the place goes all ballistic on me so I reluctantly killed him. So I go in figuring all the alarms would go off but no, I have free run of the joint which I found a bit strange. I couldn't find any lockpicks or multitools in there so I leave, however as I'm leaving I get one of the loading screen tips saying I can purchase these items through the vending machines in there.

So I go back, and now there's 3 guys standing there over the body of the proprietor looking to take me down. I mean I killed the guy that runs the joint so I understand why, but why did he go hostile on my in the first place? I' haven't sided with Worldcorp, so am I missing something?
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

You steal - you pay. WITH YOUR LIFE.