Thank You

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Thank You

Post by Jaedar »

Made in China wrote:You steal - you pay. WITH YOUR LIFE.
Nutter is a bit quick to kill you considering you saved his life at one point :)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

The closeness of your previous relationship only serves to make your betrayal all the more hurtful.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Sometimes they wait at the downtown station. Is that because you stole but didn't kill anyone?
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
sleepy47
Thug

Post by sleepy47 »

I understand that if you kill someone there will be consequences, but why did he go ballistic on me in the first place? I didn't steal anything from the guy. I didn't get a chance to steal. The minute I went into the place he attacked me. That's what I'd like to know.

The first time I went there, I may have filched a couple of small things, I don't really remember, but it's not like he went wacky on me after I did it. I picked up my stuff and left and he said nothing.

BTW; Who are these guys at the railway station you're talking about?
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I think it may be the same three you mentioned at the shop. Did you turn off the security camera before you flitched? Don't know if that's relevant to your case.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Just because you think you got away with something doesn't mean you actually did. Sometimes theft isn't noticed until after the thief has left. Bear that in mind.

Other than that, I really don't have much to add to this conversation.
sleepy47
Thug

Post by sleepy47 »

bobby 55 wrote:I think it may be the same three you mentioned at the shop. Did you turn off the security camera before you flitched? Don't know if that's relevant to your case.
The first time I went in there was to do the objective to get my equipment near the beginning of the game, and the proprietor was the only guy in there. At that point I didn't turn off any security cameras, because I figured I didn't need to. The guy was friendly and I went and got my stuff. But if I recall correctly, right near him behind the counter there were a few things that weren't locked, so I believe I took them, but he never said anything to me.

When I went back the second time the guy attacked me before I even got in the shop proper and I took him out. There was no way I had any time to turn off any security alarms. I figured when I offed him, it would trigger the alarms, but it never did so I browsed around for a bit and left because I had no idea those vending machines sold lockpicks etc. so I left again. It was when I left the second time I got the message on the loading screen, and when I went back in there were actually 4 guys not 3 who were hostile so I took them out with the quad launcher. I didn't want to, but I really needed those lockpicks and multitools.

I think I may have killed Nutter. Is this going to really screw me up as have only a couple of manual saves and would have to go way back near the beginning of the game.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

It isn't going to stop you from progressing in the game, if that is what you mean.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Starting to sound like a glitch. I take that stuff behind the counter and nothing is made of it. If you are playing with the 1.03 patch you might want to put that in the bug reports there.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Turning off the security system = Thugs at the station.
Knocking down Raving or Andreus = Thugs at the Shop.

Doing both = Thugs in both places ;).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
sleepy47
Thug

Post by sleepy47 »

Just wanted to come back here and make a comment. Brilliant! Freaking brilliant!

I haven't had this much fun since VTM Bloodlines, and prior to that the original DE.

I just finished the Shadowcodemission and by God, well..... it was brilliant! Freaking brilliant!

I only hope I still have some gaming left before it all ends. I have no idea how far along in the game I am which is absolutely wonderful, but have a feeling I still have a ways to go.

Again, thanks for this great experience. =D> =D> =D>
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

sleepy47 wrote:I have no idea how far along in the game I am which is absolutely wonderful, but have a feeling I still have a ways to go.
About a third of the way through the PDX storyline, I think.

Glad you're enjoying it :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
sleepy47
Thug

Post by sleepy47 »

I've played DE so many times I know most of the dialog in the game verbatim. And it is an amazing game because every time I replay it I find something new, even though I thought I had searched every nook and cranny.

But what makes this so much fun is not knowing what's coming next. The end of the above mentioned mission was classic stuff. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out what to do, (laughing my ass off the whole time at the comments made by Shadowcode). When I finally figured it out it was very satisfying conclusion.

This mission felt so epic that I was afraid I may have done things in the wrong order or something so it's nice to know there's more to come.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Yeah Sleepy, you're only getting warmed up in the fun department. I can't remember laughing too much when I played (what you just finished) that the first time. The last bit of it I mean.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

bobby 55 wrote:I can't remember laughing too much when I played (what you just finished) that the first time. The last bit of it I mean.
Even if I do say so myself, it's worth it just once to stop playing and listen through all the ShadowCode lines. They get more and more deranged as they go on, and they're some of the most pitch-perfectly delivered lines in the game.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine