A beginner`s questions topic

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Merrin
Thug

A beginner`s questions topic

Post by Merrin »

Hey guys, i think the title is rather self-explanatory:

Whenever ive got a question concerning the depths of TNM ill post here.

first question:

Me needs a multitool. I just saved Silver Dragon and now need to infiltrate WC again. Ive got 3 now: the 1 Kashue gave me and 2 from the armory. But on my last try I had about 4 as I found some other MT somewhere else. But I dont remember where #-o . Does someone know where I can find some other somewhere lying around ( in the first 3 areas )?

second:

where is the third red biocell in the partyzone? I found one at the end of the hall where the bot is patroulling and the other in some small crate in some chamber. Where is #3 ?

I know, I know, this is the spoiler-free-forum, but im mainly asking the experienced TNM-Players here, so there is no problem i guess. As i havent finished TNM myself, ill stay the hell away from the Spoiler-Zone :P

Ill be grateful for any help.

Evenin` to you all
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: A beginner`s questions topic

Post by bobby 55 »

Answer to question 2 there's one in the safe there !

Question One I don't know but do you know about the multi tool / lock pick exploit? Also youcan buy them at Ravings!
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Merrin
Thug

Post by Merrin »

Ummmmm noes.... i dunno about that, but i dunno... ive got a weak character, and telling me cheats might cause me to...cheat. So thanks, but keep it to yourself plz, maybe ill come back to it later :mrgreen:

..oh and ive got only about a 100c left, i bought a thermo-optic camo.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Good as gold. I suppose it is cheating but I've been doing that from the Deus Ex days when the need arose. Yep, someone with a better memory might be able to help re Q1.
Merrin
Thug

Post by Merrin »

well actually, lockpicks and multitools were never a problem in good ol DX, for me. Even on reallistic difficulty.
Or at least I suppose its realistic difficulty, cause thats something that bugged me for years:

Is it just a scratch on my CD or does DX have the easiest "Very Hard"-Mode in the History of gaming?
The only difference I felt, was that enemies needed one, two shots more to be killed off, but otherwise...
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

you know only deep scratches will affect your disc?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Merrin wrote:well actually, lockpicks and multitools were never a problem in good ol DX, for me. Even on reallistic difficulty.
Or at least I suppose its realistic difficulty, cause thats something that bugged me for years:

Is it just a scratch on my CD or does DX have the easiest "Very Hard"-Mode in the History of gaming?
The only difference I felt, was that enemies needed one, two shots more to be killed off, but otherwise...
Not nearly as difficult as playing TNM on punishing imo. Now that can be hard.
Merrin
Thug

Post by Merrin »

Xesum wrote:you know only deep scratches will affect your disc?

you know what sarcasm is? :P
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Merrin wrote:
Xesum wrote:you know only deep scratches will affect your disc?

you know what sarcasm is? :P
You have just had your first encounter with the wind up merchant extraordinaire of OTP :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey Merrin, welcome to the forums! I hope we'll be able to help you with everything you need to enjoy TNM :giggle:
Merrin wrote:well actually, lockpicks and multitools were never a problem in good ol DX, for me. Even on reallistic difficulty.
Deus Ex's designers had a slightly different approach to skilled items (lockpicks and multitools) than we did, we wanted the Electronics and Lockpicking skills to actually pay off, so those items are a lot more rare in TNM, unless you pay for them in Raving's. On the flip side, you'll almost never actually need any of these items to progress through the game, and when you do, they'll always be supplied obviously.

So uh, the point I'm stumbling my way towards is that you don't need multitools to infiltrate WorldCorp for PDX, you can get yourself clearance if you piece together the information in the lobby area of the building. Let us know if you need more help than that, but give it a shot first, and see if you can solve it yourself :)
Actually all DX's difficulty settings do is what our "Player health" setting does if you go into the Custom difficulty setting when you're starting a game of TNM: it raises the amount of damage you take from enemy weapons, making you more vulnerable on higher difficulties.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Merrin
Thug

Post by Merrin »

So uh, the point I'm stumbling my way towards is that you don't need multitools to infiltrate WorldCorp for PDX, you can get yourself clearance if you piece together the information in the lobby area of the building. Let us know if you need more help than that, but give it a shot first, and see if you can solve it yourself
hmmm, well i guess its a bit late for me since everyone in the WC Lobby-area wants me dead now, but yeah thanks :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

So you kill them first, or you make sure they don't see you.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

Jonas wrote:So you kill them first, or you make sure they don't see you.
Or throw a smoke Grenade and run?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Merrin
Thug

Post by Merrin »

mmmh, okay i give up:

How do I piece together the entire Clearance thingy in the lobby area? I know the login WCSecLogin, I know the username ALancaster but thats about all the data screens would give away and it sure wouldnt work on the security console there.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Merrin wrote:mmmh, okay i give up:

How do I piece together the entire Clearance thingy in the lobby area? I know the login WCSecLogin, I know the username ALancaster but thats about all the data screens would give away and it sure wouldnt work on the security console there.
Okay remember WCSecLogin, later Evil Invasion will give the password. Unfortunately I can't remember what it is.!

Edit: that will then give a level 3 clearance hence no need for mt or lp!