Interesting detail

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Delta2501
UNATCO

Interesting detail

Post by Delta2501 »

After while mucking around on DX maps in TNM I noticed something interesting; a cleaning bot appear to clean up a bloodstain I left when I was killed, i.e. it drove over it and it disappeared. Did I imagine it or has anyone else noticed this? Is it a TNM addition or in the original code? Either way it's some pretty impressive attention to detail (assuming I didn't imagine it).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Interesting detail

Post by Jonas »

It's an original Deus Ex feature. I never noticed it myself either, but DDL once told me about it because he's added even more AI behaviours to the cleaner bot in his mod. But yeah, the cleaner bot is coded to seek out and clean up any decals on the floors, it's really neat.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

It even seeks the things out? Now THAT is attention to detail. The future of housekeeping appliances looks bright!
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Jonas wrote:I never noticed it myself either, but DDL once told me about it because he's added even more AI behaviours to the cleaner bot in his mod.
Expand?
I love DDL's weird little features; the one with the thermal heating thing with the fridge is my favourite (forgot what it was exactly; just remember that it was genius).
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm pretty sure he's okay with me talking about it, but still - better let him explain it, if he notices the thread.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
nekdo
Thug

Post by nekdo »

The cleaner in the goat city hotel goes into the air-shaft, if you leave it open. It's anoying cause it will block your way back...
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

nekdo wrote:The cleaner in the goat city hotel goes into the air-shaft, if you leave it open. It's anoying cause it will block your way back...
Then blow it. A similar problem occurs in the WorldCorp airvents with the spiderbots.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Made in China wrote:
nekdo wrote:The cleaner in the goat city hotel goes into the air-shaft, if you leave it open. It's anoying cause it will block your way back...
Then blow it. A similar problem occurs in the WorldCorp airvents with the spiderbots.
Yeah that spiderbot is a pain but nobody seems to mind a loud bang coming from the vents. lol.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

Not only that but they can get in the way of picking up items. There's a room in the corportate sewers with a load of spiderbots with a dead mechanic and nanokey on the ground, but you can't pick up the key if an EMP'd spider is standing on it. Having to whack them until they blow up in your face is just another factor making spider-bots so annoying. Thank goodness for EMP-weapons (the pistol makes them easy to deal with).

Meeting the brilliant A2 made me a little more sympathetic to spider-bots temporarily but the others don't get any less annoying.