Patch 1.0.4 requests

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Patch 1.0.4 requests

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote: Uh... interesting. Do you happen to have a screenshot?
No, but I'll see about fixing one when I got home, otherwise, you'll have to settle for a description or just moving the key based on my reccomendation :)
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Never mind about the screenshot, I read it again and I get it now.

The problem is that the key still has to look like the mechanic dropped it. Putting it on his body might indeed solve it.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Yes that dead mechanic/nano-key part certainly was a problem in my first playthrough. I didn't have any explosives to blow up the spider-bots, so after I EMPed them, I repeatedly threw my assault rifle on them until they exploded, hiding behind the railing so I didn't catch any damage.

As for the no-items idea, I suppose the "never use any items unless the plot requires it" approach is the next best thing, but completing the game like that is still just no where near as amazing as what Alginon did.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Note to self: try and get DDL's polystyrene chips working.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Odysseus
Thug

Post by Odysseus »

I would request to add the login details that Man-In-Black and Beeblequix give you in their dialogue, because you can make the game unwinnable by killing them before speaking with them.
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Odysseus wrote:I would request to add the login details that Man-In-Black and Beeblequix give you in their dialogue, because you can make the game unwinnable by killing them before speaking with them.
I think if you've got enough skill-points for level 4 computer skill it doesn't matter. But yes, I agree, as I ran into that problem in my speedrun.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

AgentSmithereens wrote:I think if you've got enough skill-points for level 4 computer skill it doesn't matter. But yes, I agree, as I ran into that problem in my speedrun.
You just need a Computer skill of Trained.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Advanced for the DXI Admin PC.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Yep that's the one I was stuck with, until Jonas reminded me to actually talk to Beeblequix.
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

What's that place called with the Shadow Code?

Anyway, then that Lift blows up too soon, can you make it so that the explosion happens before I turn the corner, so I don't just see A pile of lift debris and then an explosion?

Or would even attempting to do this completely delete everything?
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Just stop using the speed aug when you're walking around.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Xesum
Illuminati

Post by Xesum »

But Walking is slow!

:(
Paul, I know you said no phone messages, but South Street's going up in smoke. We'll have to meet at the subway station.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

General update: can't fix the nanokey issue since keys can't be added to corpses (yeah, I know, wtf).

Shane has implemented characters choking to death in zero-oxygen - the pain sounds are inappropriate, but in his own words, we just don't care enough to fix it. It hasn't been tested yet, but we'll get to that.

I found DDL's import code for the polystyrene chips - seems we forgot to include that originally, which is why the chips have been in the game but invisible since release. I'm about to plug that import code in now and hopefully that'll make the chips show up when you smash empty boxes in 1.0.4, which should be a neat new visual effect.

To see if it would make the engine blow up, I've duplicated the general room layout of Phasmatis' apartment five times for the other flats. It seemed to work, so I went so far as to retexture the living room and bedroom of each apartment and change the colour of each bathroom towel. I'm now faced with the task of adding furniture and items and interesting shit to each of them. I may or may not manage to work up the energy to do that in time for 1.0.4. If I don't, it's never gonna happen, and I think we can all live with that.

I'll get around to adding a few more goodies to the sewers at some point in the near future, it's a quick and easy task, so it'll get done.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Xesum wrote:But Walking is slow!

:(
Real men don't use the speed aug to avoid walking slowly. Real men alter the flow of time.

The speed aug is for when you need to jump higher, land better, or move faster than someone else.

[Edit:] Note that it is "jump higher or land better than normal" not "jump higher or land better than someone else."

[Also added:] Perhaps one of the real women here could tell us what real women do to avoid walking slowly.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Jonas wrote:General update: can't fix the nanokey issue since keys can't be added to corpses (yeah, I know, wtf).
This is probably a bit stupid but: I know I have looted nanokeys from people, so I can only surmise that you can add it to living people. So why not make the mechanic alive, and hostile to the spider bots? Too much work? Sucky idea?
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum