Patch 1.0.4 requests

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
PKodon
Thug

Re: Patch 1.0.4 requests

Post by PKodon »

Um, just out of curiosity, would the model mentioned in the .ini also have to be changed for it to stick? Would this be possible from within the game?

If so, would that mean that saved games with a different model would have to check the .ini and change it if it were using the wrong model?

This could be interesting, if you wanted to write a mod where a character actually changes, say into a werewolf, or if he was bit by a vampire, he could change into a bat. I know, that's taking this to extremes, and has nothing to do with TNM, so I guess it should be moved to Off Topic for further discussion.

Oh well, back to the game...

PK
"I knew it, they finally managed to send me to FUBAR, where some idiot brought a spork to a gunfight." - Cutter Slade, stuck in TNM
PleegWat
NSF

Post by PleegWat »

How does TNM do this with the cloak/glasses? Does it have a model/skin for each permutation, or is it something more intelligent? And is this a system that could be modified to be triggerable ingame?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Pretty sure there are couple of flags set for Trestkon's look. Use legend to find them out. Don't know if altering those values actually changes your look, but that should be easy enough to figure out, just find a mirror ;).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The flags are purely for certain NPCs to know what skin settings you chose. Our skin settings are handled exactly like Deus Ex's face textures, we just expanded your options. The only complication with letting you switch out the model is that the run animations have different timing, so we had to account for that in the code as well.

Switching the player character's skins in the middle of a mission is possible. Damn near everything is possible to implement in Deus Ex if you have good enough programmers :)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
PKodon
Thug

Post by PKodon »

Regarding the Quotes game, and coming from a guy who used to play Duke Nukem 3D,

From http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem

"Hail to the king baby! [reference to Ash's quote from Evil Dead 3]"

I'm searching on Google for references, hey, I found one, an interview about Death Rally

http://www.1upgamers.com/gaming-intervi ... interview/

And, here's the important part...
Zee Durrani : Duke Nukem was the only racer who spoke in the game “Hail To The King Baby” etc did you guys ever think of giving the other racers certain catchphrases etc ?

Markus Mäki : We wanted to differentiate Duke from the crowd. There was a discussion on adding more Duke phrases to the game though but I don’t remember why that didn’t happen.
So, since 90% of the Google hits on "Hail to the king baby." in relation to video games come up with Duke Nukem 3D (quoting Ash from Army of Darkness), and according to this interview, Duke Nukem was the driver in Death Rally that said it, and he was quoting himself from DN3D, I'd say DN3D wins the argument :)

If you've never played DN3D, I can understand, I've never played Death Rally; however, if I had, I'd have recognized Duke Nukem.

Now, even rephrasing the question to something like "What's the newest game to quote this ...", it won't work either, because it seems that World of Warcraft has included that quote now in one of it's expansions, or at least has plans to.

So, may I ask why Death Rally was chosen as the correct answer over DN3D? I would suggest that, if you want Death Rally to be the correct answer, you put something else in place of DN3D, otherwise you need 2 correct answers or some crafty rephrasing of the question.

Okay, I'm probably starting to repeat myself, back to playing TNM.

PK
"I knew it, they finally managed to send me to FUBAR, where some idiot brought a spork to a gunfight." - Cutter Slade, stuck in TNM
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It's a trick question. It's designed to mess with you.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm locking this thread to avoid confusing users who don't realise that patch 1.0.4 has already been released. All further discussion of the patch should take place in the patch thread in the help and support forum or in new threads created here for the specific topic of discussion.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine