Patch 1.0.4 requests

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Patch 1.0.4 requests

Post by Jonas »

I'm going to regret this, but do you guys have any requests for version 1.0.4?

You can point out bugs that we absolutely must fix here, if you insist, but do check to make sure they haven't already been reported in the 1.0.3 thread in the tech forum or mentioned by Hassat in his walkthrough on the wiki.

I would prefer other types of suggestions though. Such as "do some difficulty filtering on the enemies in a particular level" or "add more ammo for a particular weapon in this part of the game" or "add the login details to a particular account somewhere" or "add another enemy guarding a particular area on the higher difficulties".

Do keep it realistic though: nothing that requires new voice acting, nothing too huge, and nothing that requires changes to the level geometry (if you're unsure, just speak up, and I'll be the judge of whether or not you're asking too much).

Obviously I can't guarantee that your requests will be implemented. In fact I can almost guarantee you that they won't. But I thought I'd ask, to see what you guys would request, and on the off chance that you might surprise me with something both awesome and implementable. Give it a shot, the worst that can happen is nothing :)

(Oh, and do remember to use spoiler tags where applicable.)
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Patch 1.0.4 requests

Post by bobby 55 »

*spoilers What about the aliens on gamespy doing more damage? If I have the enviro aug maxed, they're pretty easy to beat. :!:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Well, TNM's crystal Melk™ always reminded me of A Clockwork Orange's moloko, which is crystal meth mixed with milk.
So, as a homage, maybe you could include "Melk is the new Moloko!" graffiti somewhere near the Goat City entrance.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Made in China wrote:Well, TNM's crystal Melk™ always reminded me of A Clockwork Orange's moloko, which is crystal meth mixed with milk.
Is it? I always thought it was left to your imagination as to what kind of drug was actually in the milk. In the book, anyway, I haven't seen the movie.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

It would be nice if players could enable (using the patch installer or in-game) the quotes during load screens. Those hints get repetitive and I don't need them.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Trestkon wrote:
Made in China wrote:Well, TNM's crystal Melk™ always reminded me of A Clockwork Orange's moloko, which is crystal meth mixed with milk.
Is it? I always thought it was left to your imagination as to what kind of drug was actually in the milk. In the book, anyway, I haven't seen the movie.
I don't know, I've never read the book, and couldn't understand half the words in the movie - I mean, Moloko Vellocet? But I read somewhere that it means milk with meth. I guess that other drugs would make as much sense as meth.
YeomanTheCastle
UNATCO

Post by YeomanTheCastle »

Maybe split the difficulty of the NPC health to 2 catagories: Boss NPC and Normal NPC. Some people, like me, want boss fights epic with the regular enemies not having a ridiculous amount of health for them selves.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

gamer0004 wrote:It would be nice if players could enable (using the patch installer or in-game) the quotes during load screens. Those hints get repetitive and I don't need them.
You already can. There are 2 lines with "quotes" something in the TNM.ini that you have to set to true (as typing "quotes" like the 1.0.2 patch fixlog says isn't enough).

As for my request; some more goodies and skill point awards in the sewers on both days.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Probably not feasible, but making it no-items compatible would be good; which would mean doing something about the firestaff, and perhaps changing the Fender2k subway mission.

Also since you asked, I wouldn't mind seeing those false apartment rooms in the 1st map actually playable, instead of just offering a view into a complete dead-end.
nekdo
Thug

Post by nekdo »

Gas (or is it smoke?) grenade is way too effective. It's like AOE charger from a distance. You just drop it and finish everyone with a pistol or dragon's tooth. It worked on every boss too as far as I recall.
Maybe my difficulty setting was to low... not sure
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

I think some bosses are immune to the gas 'nade. DD for one Namely, those with environmental resistance.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
JC_Helios
X-51

Post by JC_Helios »

Jaedar wrote:I think some bosses are immune to the gas 'nade. DD for one Namely, those with environmental resistance.
Speaking of which, I forget doesDD have aqualung? Because when I first faced him I managed to get him to walk past me and out into the no oxygen area, I closed the door behind me lock him out and I was kind of hoping for the eventual *keehh keeehe eeh* noise of him suffocating. I thought it would be an appropriate death given his obsession with fire, but nope nothing happened. If do-able I suggest making that possible
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

That was a pretty clever tactic seeing he has supposedly no mod power up there!
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

There's a room in the corportate sewers with a load of spiderbots with a dead mechanic and nanokey on the ground, but you can't pick up the key if an EMP'd spider is standing on it.
Consider fixing that a request from me. Maybe move the nanokey to the stairs so the spiderbots can't stand on it? Or adding it to the mechanics corpse.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

YeomanTheCastle wrote:Maybe split the difficulty of the NPC health to 2 catagories: Boss NPC and Normal NPC. Some people, like me, want boss fights epic with the regular enemies not having a ridiculous amount of health for them selves.
That's an interesting suggestion, but it might be hardish to define who's a boss and who isn't - plus, it'd be a very large amount of work to implement, so I'm afraid it's out.
Hassat Hunter wrote:As for my request; some more goodies and skill point awards in the sewers on both days.
Hmm yeah. Maybe I'll do that - it certainly wouldn't be a huge amount of work. I'm scared of making the sewers so useful as to almost nerf players who don't go there compared to players who do. Then on the other hand, just getting past those greasels does eat up a lot of resources. I'll add something, we'll see how much.
AgentSmithereens wrote:Probably not feasible, but making it no-items compatible would be good; which would mean doing something about the firestaff, and perhaps changing the Fender2k subway mission.
In my opinion, no-items means not using any items, not never picking any items up. That means the spyware device in the PDX storyline is actually the major problem here, but there's nothing to do about that now. You'll just have to define a no-items playthrough as "never use any items unless the plot requires it" :)
Also since you asked, I wouldn't mind seeing those false apartment rooms in the 1st map actually playable, instead of just offering a view into a complete dead-end.
That's not a bad idea. Phasmatis' apartment isn't a large map and I don't think it ever had any BSP issues, so this one might be possible. I'll look into it.
JC_Helios wrote:DD [...] no oxygen area
Hahahah that's awesome. I'll ask Shane how much work this would be to implement.
Jaedar wrote:Consider fixing that a request from me. Maybe move the nanokey to the stairs so the spiderbots can't stand on it? Or adding it to the mechanics corpse.
Uh... interesting. Do you happen to have a screenshot?
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine