Patch 1.0.4 requests

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: Patch 1.0.4 requests

Post by Jaedar »

PKodon wrote:Okay, I know that patch 1.0.4 is already out, but perhaps this could be a request for the next patch?
There is no next patch, unless it is to be fanmade.
PKodon wrote: If overlapping inventory items causes a problem
It only does if you have not patched to the latest version. They fixed it in 1.02 I think.
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Sticking to an older version isn't such a good idea though. Especially 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 since they are kind of crash-prone.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Next bug: one of spiderbots at abi labs vents have weapon 'default weapon name - report this as a bug' all with capital letters in targeting aug. That happen when you summon bot weapon but, usually targeting displayed it right.
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

All spiderbots have that. Large, medium, small. Exclusion: A2.
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Well, the non-flame a2 weapon was named ok, the all other bots too. Tanks anyway.
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
PKodon
Thug

Post by PKodon »

Okay, I just did a search, and came up empty, so here's a possibly new bug report...

I noticed while doing the painting mission that the lobby camera in Phasmatis' apartment building doesn't shut off, or it shuts off and then turns back on again by itself. At least, it keeps moving, and the security panel says it's on, but when you go look at the camera, it may say it's been bypassed (but it's still moving). I don't think that's the way it was supposed to work.

Oh, another one I noticed last time I tried to play through, when you return from the mission dealing with the demented AI in the old servers, if you want to use the old elevator again to pick up whatever you left behind, on the way down, after the map load, you have to push the down button again, otherwise the elevator doesn't continue to move down. I walked off into the blackness, thinking it was something not rendering right, and fell down to where the platform was supposed to be. Thankfully I had saved before trying to go back down there. It did help me find a new area to explore, though.

PK
"I knew it, they finally managed to send me to FUBAR, where some idiot brought a spork to a gunfight." - Cutter Slade, stuck in TNM
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Yeah, human controlled camera's act a little odd with the computer consoles. They will appear on if you hack into a PC (and the camera's themselves still appear active if you look at them, not moving though), even if the NPC's using them are dead. Then when clicking any they all turn off (including the camera itself, no more green light), except the one you just tried to turn on, which turns on briefly, then off.

However if the ones connected to the camera's are still alive (unsure wheter unconscious, I am not that pacifistic mostly) then when trying to put them to off they turn back on again. Most easily noticable with WC campaign in the NSC because the guys in the adjacent security room also somehow control the camera's in the room you're currently in... :lol:
PKodon
Thug

Post by PKodon »

I don't know, perhaps this is a bit overboard, but hey, it's only a suggestion:

How about, depending on which choices Trestkon (well, the player) makes, his outfit has markings added to it. I love those outfits DD and Phasmatis have. I realize that Trestkon is starting out with a new account, but on the other hand, perhaps his old account was never closed, in hopes that he would return. In that case, his experience in the game could perhaps "restore" some of the "cool" he had before he left.

And no, I don't propose he takes on either DD's or Phasmatis' outfits, but rather that he has a set of custom outfits all his own. Perhaps one set that gets progressively darker themes (possibly including facial and hand markings) as he follows the path of WC, one that reflects the stealth/low-dead-body-count PDX/DXO path, and another that reflects yet another killer on the loose but freelance.

I know, it's a lot of work, but hey, look at all the wonderful work you guys have done so far :)

PK
"I knew it, they finally managed to send me to FUBAR, where some idiot brought a spork to a gunfight." - Cutter Slade, stuck in TNM
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

You have some interesting and innovative ideas there PK, however I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the guys to implement them. I believe the 1.04 patch is about as much TNM as they want for now. Perhaps some enterprising fan with the right skills may take up your suggestions.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
PKodon
Thug

Post by PKodon »

bobby 55 wrote:You have some interesting and innovative ideas there PK, however I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the guys to implement them. I believe the 1.04 patch is about as much TNM as they want for now. Perhaps some enterprising fan with the right skills may take up your suggestions.
Oh, I don't know as I expected them to just drop everything and throw this in the mod, too, but, perhaps some day they might make a Gold version, with some new stuff like this. At any rate, if it wasn't something they had thought about, it's here for them to think about now.

Oh, and guys, I didn't know adding an avatar and a signature to my profile would add it to all my previous posts, cool.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

He isn't starting off with a new account, he's starting off coming back to his old account.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

PKodon wrote:Perhaps one set that gets progressively darker themes (possibly including facial and hand markings) as he follows the path of WC, one that reflects the stealth/low-dead-body-count PDX/DXO path, and another that reflects yet another killer on the loose but freelance.
Not anything directly related to the quote but a random question about DX level making hinted by the quote: Could you permanently change the look of the main character at certain points of a level? For example, I got a story idea for a mod that's been sticking in my head the last two weeks, and part of it involves the main character possibly getting mech augs - if it were to come to fruition, and if the user selected to get the mech aug, could you change the main character to have it (i.e. different skin that has the character drawn differently with the mech aug, as opposed to the human equivalent)?
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Check out the Malkavian Mod, doesn't it turn JC black during one convo, and stay that way?
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Check out the Malkavian Mod, doesn't it turn JC black during one convo, and stay that way?
It doesn't stay though. There's also an option in that mod that turns JC into an augmentation container. But the question is more of whether you could make it stay and be dynamic about it.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

ggrotz wrote:It doesn't stay though. There's also an option in that mod that turns JC into an augmentation container. But the question is more of whether you could make it stay and be dynamic about it.
As far as I understand it, you can, and you need 3 seperate models - human, mecha-human and nano-augmented. In a certain point in the plot you replace one with the other, setting it as the character's model. It could probably be done with level-loading codes and flag-checking, so it means that there needs to be 2 versions of every map (at least) - pre-change and post-change.