Patch 1.0.4 requests

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Re: Patch 1.0.4 requests

Post by bobby 55 »

Has anyone else noticed the forums seem to have gone into party mode the last couple of days. Keep it up. :mrgreen:
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

chris the cynic wrote: So, sorry about that. I rather like the comic and had no idea of its destructive potential.
It's ok chris. I like it to. Let's start a secret club to and spark a revolution!
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Post by chris the cynic »

Grammatolatry wrote:I tried so hard to grasp this concept, but I'm still failing. So, what you're trying to say is that Howard is called Howard in TNM, and is a guy, but is supposed to be a girl, but isn't. Therefore he is a girl masquerading as a guy, and no-one has cottoned on to his secret?
Um, no.

What I was saying is that I think Rex was saying that an avatar being male does not mean the user is male (and the reverse is true as well.) So Howard being male in Partyzone could mean that Jonas didn't get your gender wrong but instead said that you'd use an avatar that doesn't match your gender.

This is all well and good, but the explanation Jonas gives for Howard being called "Howard" instead of Grammatolatry is that, "clearly Howard is Grammatolatry's character's real name," which I took to mean that Howard is the name of the user and Grammatolatry is the name of the avatar. If I got that right it would mean that Rex is wrong and your character is quite definitely male, for which Jonas has apologized. Well, that or your character is a female who is named Howard in real life.
And he can't be changed, because the dialogue would have to change too? If the dialogue did change to cater to his femininity would he still be a drunkard?
It can't be changed because they aren't going to change any more things at this point. If it were going to be changed the Howard could be cut out without recording any more dialogue, but your character would still be male. A simpler solution would be to give your name to a different character who more closely matched your gender, but in that case you might be forced to settle for one with generic dialogue.

Given that you've said your happy with how things are, and no further changes are planned, none of that really matters.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Clearly I should've used the girl at the canal in Downtown instead. But hindsight is always 20/20 and we're not releasing another patch.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Jonas wrote:Clearly I should've used the girl at the canal in Downtown instead. But hindsight is always 20/20 and we're not releasing another patch.
That probably would have been perfect. Classicist that she is.

Your hindsight may be somewhat better than 20/20.
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

I got a new keyboard(and headset, and one cheeseburger).
What I was saying is that I think Rex was saying that an avatar being male does not mean the user is male (and the reverse is true as well.) So Howard being male in Partyzone could mean that Jonas didn't get your gender wrong but instead said that you'd use an avatar that doesn't match your gender.

This is all well and good, but the explanation Jonas gives for Howard being called "Howard" instead of Grammatolatry is that, "clearly Howard is Grammatolatry's character's real name," which I took to mean that Howard is the name of the user and Grammatolatry is the name of the avatar. If I got that right it would mean that Rex is wrong and your character is quite definitely male, for which Jonas has apologized. Well, that or your character is a female who is named Howard in real life.
1. Howard can be surname.
2. Sometimes name we consider (fe)male could be for opposite grander in another country.
3. Howard could be a pseudo.
4. wtf are we discussing...

btw: The patch adds a feature to carry pistols from locker day #1 to locker on day #2. I installed it midplay and I found another pair of pistols in locker, tho I took mine at day #1. But it's alright I just leave them there. :lol:
Seems no other errors so far.
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
chris the cynic
Human Encyclopaedia

Rex wrote: 4. wtf are we discussing...
The ever increasing amount of confusion in the world.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Rex wrote:
btw: The patch adds a feature to carry pistols from locker day #1 to locker on day #2. I installed it midplay and I found another pair of pistols in locker, tho I took mine at day #1. But it's alright I just leave them there. :lol:
Seems no other errors so far.
Jonas fixed it so that if you didn't go to the locker on day one your stuff would still be there on day two. Installing the patch and not starting a new game explains the double load. Believe me guy that fucker (the patch) was tested.
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

As the patch disclaimer said: It is recommended that you start a new game.
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Jaedar wrote:As the patch disclaimer said: It is recommended that you start a new game.
QFT, and I know 'cause when I did the 1.02 to 1.04 path that's where I finished, and the only thing in the locker on day two is a newspaper. I got the magnificent dual pistols of justice out on day one.
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

It was just fyi. :lol:
The ever increasing amount of confusion in the world.
Oh..
Jonas(about Rex and Jaedar) wrote:I'm not sure what the fuck just happened, but you guys managed to finally find a way to be too off topic for OTP, and when I tried to split the thread... I failed.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Rex wrote: Seems no other errors so far.
Now I'm confused.
Rex
Silhouette

Post by Rex »

Why?
It is recommended that you start a new game.
It is recommended don't mean there is a 100% chance for errors.
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Rex wrote:Why?
Don't you ever play Russian Roulette.... promise me now. :mrgreen:
Jaedar
Illuminati

Post by Jaedar »

Rex wrote:
Nope but it does mean that you are taking a much greater risk. I.E you should do it, but it probably won't be game breaking not to.
odio ergo sum