"Looking at you" lyrics?

Discuss The Nameless Mod in a safe, spoiler-free environment.
Warning: Spoilers are punishable by death.

Moderator: TNM Team

Forum rules
NO SPOILERS ALLOWED.
Delta2501
UNATCO

"Looking at you" lyrics?

Post by Delta2501 »

Are there lyrics available for LeoBad's excellent "Looking at You" music from the credits?
LeoBad
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: "Looking at you" lyrics?

Post by LeoBad »

hum, let me check around here.

--edit---

I found them
LOOKING AT YOU (By Leonardo Badinella & Juan Pablo Puyol)

Sometimes I feel you walking away
Come bring me back to life
Sometimes I don’t know what to say
Just tell me what’s on your mind

The sun burns its insane
I’m never gonna be the same
And time goes but you stay
I just wanna go its getting late

I try to forget how
I feel when I’m awake
I try but make
The same mistake

I wanna feel, wanna know, want to show
What it is I feel when I look at you
It makes me sick you have no clue

I wanna feel, wanna know, want to show
I cant stand looking
Looking at you

Show me what you’ve got
Give me what you need
Tell me everything
That will set you free

Come and find my way
Go and make a play
My memory is blind
From all the pain

(Chorus)

I cant stand looking at you
When your all alone
Feeling sorry for yourself
You pathetic soul
Doing nothing all day
Letting your balls hang
And waiting for something that
Never came

(Chorus)
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

I just listened to Beyond Consciousness. Wow!
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
LeoBad
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by LeoBad »

bobby 55 wrote:I just listened to Beyond Consciousness. Wow!
that's very cool, thanks ;)

I'm very happy you liked it.
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

Much obliged for the lyrics, Looking at You is a great song and works really well as a credits theme for the game (way more epic than DX's end song). I'm turning in now but I'll be sure to check the album when I next get a minute. Best of luck in the industry.
Made in China
MJ12

Post by Made in China »

Beyond Consciousness is probably one of the greatest instrumental album since 2000, and has a good chance of being the best. It's that good.
And you know what's even better? That you offer it free of charge. Kind of illogical, but I like it - though I almost feel bad for not paying.
LeoBad
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by LeoBad »

Made in China wrote:Beyond Consciousness is probably one of the greatest instrumental album since 2000, and has a good chance of being the best. It's that good.
And you know what's even better? That you offer it free of charge. Kind of illogical, but I like it - though I almost feel bad for not paying.

In conclusion, where can I find more? I couldn't find anything of the other bands that were mentioned in your discography.
Oh gosh I'm blushing now :oops:

But seriously, it's awesome that you hold it in such high esteem. It's a very honest piece of work and I'm very proud of it.

I only made one E.P. with M.P.D. and then we disbanded. The singer formed a new band now and it's planning to go under the same name. He asked me if I wanted to be part of it but I said no. The other bands that appear in my discography I've only worked as a producer or mixer. The invite me to play a solo here and there but there are no compositions of mine in those albums.

I've been doing some writing recently and I've been thinking about a 2nd album, it's too soon to say anything concrete about it though. But I'll make it better than "Beyond Consciousness", that's for sure.

And of course, very soon I'll be adding the TNM OST to the discography.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Delta2501 wrote:Much obliged for the lyrics, Looking at You is a great song and works really well as a credits theme for the game (way more epic than DX's end song).
The best part is that every time it comes up in the random shuffle on my iPod, 7 years of memories come flooding back. If I suddenly get the urge to replay TNM in 10 years, I won't even have to, I can just listen to Looking At You and remember everything.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

I just noticed that there seem to be a few differences between the lyrics here and the ones in TNM:

I can't make out the third and fourth lines but they don't sound like:
Sometimes I don't know what to say
Just tell me what's on your mind

A minor chnage seems to be to
I try to forget what [instead of how]
I feel when I'm awake

I'd say the 'what' is better as a suitably harsh sound (though it may be because the change is small and I heard the TNM rendition first.

Finally I'm pretty sure it says
"Come and find my game" and not "find my way"
In this case I prefer the version in the lyrics as it rhymes with the next line and seems to make a little more sense.

Just out of interest did the lyrics get changed, was there some improvisation or are there different recordings/versions of the song with slight variations? With which lyrics should I badly sing along?

[anal post terminates]
LeoBad
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by LeoBad »

Delta2501 wrote:I just noticed that there seem to be a few differences between the lyrics here and the ones in TNM:

I can't make out the third and fourth lines but they don't sound like:
Sometimes I don't know what to say
Just tell me what's on your mind
Absolutely right. It sounds like he sang "This time I'll never fall, I'll never see you 'till it ends, this has to end this time" (which may or may not make much sense, -see below-)

Delta2501 wrote:A minor chnage seems to be to
I try to forget what [instead of how]
I feel when I'm awake

I'd say the 'what' is better as a suitably harsh sound (though it may be because the change is small and I heard the TNM rendition first.
Again you are right, he sings "what"
Delta2501 wrote:Finally I'm pretty sure it says
"Come and find my game" and not "find my way"
In this case I prefer the version in the lyrics as it rhymes with the next line and seems to make a little more sense.
Yep, I'm sure about that too.

The way we wrote was that we'd come up with the melody on the spot, and usually he would sing a stream-of-consciousness temp lyric when we were doing the melody, we'd record a rough take of the song with whatever we were writing (acoustic or electric guitar, piano, or sometimes when I had worked on the song before-hand I'd present him a full blown demo) and he would take this and work on the lyrics.

What I pasted here was a copy I found from when we were working on the stuff to be submitted for copyright. Obviously it is not correct so my guess is this wasn't the final version.
Delta2501 wrote:Just out of interest did the lyrics get changed, was there some improvisation or are there different recordings/versions of the song with slight variations? With which lyrics should I badly sing along?

[anal post terminates]
There are several earlier versions, but they don't differ on the lyrics exclusively, they sport different vocal arrangements as well. Even the mythical la-da-da phrase here and there probably. Sometimes I'd let a phrase stay even if it didn't make much sense to me at the time, assuming we'd re-work it eventually. Even when we were recording the "final" versions he'd improvise here and there, so there wasn't much sense in trying to come up with a finalized lyrics sheet or vocal melody before hand and you'd just have to go with the flow.
Delta2501
UNATCO

Post by Delta2501 »

Anyone know what the end of the last chorus goes like? I can make out "as everybody falls like me and you" but not the rest. I'm guessing this was another improvisation part.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

Since the creator is participating in these forums (and maybe the others, I don't know):

Way to go with the music! It all sounded great! And "Looking At You" definitely went right into the jukebox rotation on my computer, after I got to hear it. And all the other stuff likely will too for my listing of things like that once I sort everything out...

Best of luck in whatever you choose to do with this!