I give you, Alpha 1.7.5!!

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

oh I see, in the name of bug testing! I commend your efforts! :P
NVShacker
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by NVShacker »

Master_Kale wrote: I was able to get TNM to run from the Steam install by replacing TNM.exe (a copy of the 62.5KB EXE) with a copy of TNM.exe made from a renamed regular 248KB EXE.

Unfortunately, I received the following error after trying to play TNM on Vista through the DX Steam install:

I don't know why, but it looks like it might be related to Vista and the way it handles audio; I know the audio stack in Vista is different than the one in XP, but then again I could be way off. Just my two cents in case this error has you going "O_o wtf?!"
I got the same problem (with Vista) with a non-steam copy. It's just the installer not copying DXOgg.dll for some reason, which is annoying but an easy enough fix.
NVShacker
Are you still there?
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

I noticed this strange error in my inventory. I always try to organize my inventory and when I opened it to do this, I noticed that space. When I tried to place my EMP grenade in a blank slot it kept returning to its starting slot. So obviously I called "wtf...?" And when I clicked there that blank slot was apparently my subway ticket. If we're going to have it in the inventory like that, we need to have some sort of icon. Or maybe make it a code thing where the game just says something like "playerhasticket=true" and have no need to take up an inventory slot.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

'nother error:

I left the apartment (after starting a new game), frobbed the n00b NPC by the subway stairs, listened in on the two people talking by the light post, then started up the stairs towards the temple when the error hit me.

And is it just me, or does that map eat up a TON of video card? I was getting some frameskip and I'm on a x1650XT :o
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

set your cache to 32. Also, thanks for reminding me.

If everyone is still open to ideas of modifying the Downtown Sector I've got somethin'. You see, the problem we're having here is there's a central large area where you can see from one end of the map to the other. Too much shit to be seen at once. What I think we could do is move the staircases around, like the one next door to Phas' apartment be moved down away from the checkpoint more. That way when you stand infront of that staircase all youre going to see is the big face of another building. Also, take out a few of the trees near the Llama temple.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Something to note, I grabbed the Turpentine from the closet to the right of Phas' apartment door. When I went into Phas' kitchen, I found some Acetone in the cupboard (WTF keeps acetone in their kitchen, btw? :P). I was able to frob the acetone twice, receiving an item each time, and the Acetone merged with the Turpentine in the same inventory space.

If anything, the fact that I was able to grab the Acetone twice sounds like a bug, but that's just my opinion.
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Master_Kale wrote: If anything, the fact that I was able to grab the Acetone twice sounds like a bug, but that's just my opinion.
yep, I found some coffee like that as well in the security room of that same map. Perhaps a pattern? I think I'm going to run around and check every pickup in that map.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

1. Please, for the love of god, don't make everyone in Sol's Bar go ape-shit crazy when I scroll through my items and happen to bring out a weapon. I was scrolling through the items in my toolbar when I scrolled through the knife; needless to say I was dead within seconds :(

2. I talked to yours truly in the Kraut Kastle, but when Trestkon asks me for my name, I go one to describe what the Noobz are. Out of nowhere Trestkon says, "Cut wigger act, Kale!", even though he never learned my name.

3. I didn't get any sort of PM from Phas telling me about getting enough money for a subway ticket. Was that removed from this version?

4. Abomination still kills the Board Guest that walks by...although, what is a board guest doing near him anyway?
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

Silver Dragon thinks he needs to light me on fire as soon as he sees me despite accepting the mission to save his sorry ass from King Kashue.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Have I ever mentioned to anybody how much I fucking hate the DX AI and all the stupid-ass stunts it keeps pulling? It's like their AI coder was on drugs or something.

Kale: Increase your CacheSizeMegs as Chris suggested and see if that works.

Chris: I'll keep your suggestion in mind as a worst case solution, but I've already made a frankly pretty cool datavault map of the city, and if I have to spend another hour tweaking those damn transform tools in Photoshop to do my bidding, I may just go berzerk and smash my monitor.

Kale: That's a bug, thanks.

Chris: That is obviously also a bug (since it's the same bug :P), thanks to you as well.

Kale:

1. NO! There's a bloody sign there saying not to pull out your weapon! It worked the same way in the Underworld Tavern, so deal with it! :evil:

2. Gonna look into that, thanks.

3. It's a script error, that PM is triggered through the mission script, but for some reason it doesn't happen. Please chuck it in the tracker and Shane will look at it.

4. He is SUPPOSED to kill that board guest, but he is also supposed to shout something so you understand what's going on. However, I have yet to find a good way to set that up, so either I'll do it in a cutscene in the next alpha, or it's getting cut from the mod.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

!!!IMPORTANT!!!

If you receive a GPF, or a crash of any kind, upload your TNM.log (found in DeusEx\System) in addition to a screenshot of the crash window. It's quite important.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

I have no idea WHERE you want me to upload them... so I'll just make a folder in my folder on the FTP called ALPHA, and create a whole setup in there for pictures, logs, and everything else.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

ZeroPresence wrote:I have no idea WHERE you want me to upload them... so I'll just make a folder in my folder on the FTP called ALPHA, and create a whole setup in there for pictures, logs, and everything else.
That'll work. If you make a bug report you can upload it in the tracker, but if you're just posting to this thread then your way is best.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

ok, I made the folder I'm talking about, you should look over every file I've put in there thus far.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

ZeroPresence wrote:set your cache to 32. Also, thanks for reminding me.
With the cache set to 32, I got the same error on the same flight of stairs.

And I don't know if this is intended, but when I went back into the apartment to get the crazy guy's paining, the guards set to red (enemy) after I blew up the spider bot with the explosive barrel. Why would they be red to me if they had no idea I was the one who blew up their machinery? They don't catch me, so I should still be in good standing with them.