I give you, Alpha 1.7.5!!

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

A couple weird things, the strangest of all being the shoot-out at the fan-fiction shop! More on that tomorrow, when I get the screenshots up.

There was an even stranger bug in the subway system; after completing all three missions and earning enough money for a subway ticket, I took the subway to the slums. After Phas appears and tells me to go back and take the other train, I returned to the subway I just arrived on, only to appear back outside of Phas' apartment! In the HUD, where it tells me stuff like "objective completed" and whatnot, it said "portalling".

EDIT: Wow, the subway system is way b0rked. I went to the corporate district subway, but was sent to the slums! And now I'm not even certain that I DID go to the slums when Phas told me I did...also, every time I go back to the downtown district, I'm sent back to the front of Phas' apartment with the message "portalling".

When I talk to Zerohero, after he introduces himself, the conversation continues to refer to him as "Geeky-looking Guy"

On the Vending machine GUI, the text description of the lockpick overlaps the frame containing the text.

GPF when I saved:
And accompanying TNM.log: http://knwd.us/pics/tnmalpha175/TNM_GPF_Ravings_TNM.log
(btw, that GPF killed my save; I'll have to start over, FUCK >:( )
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Master_Kale wrote:Wow, the subway system is way b0rked. I went to the corporate district subway, but was sent to the slums! And now I'm not even certain that I DID go to the slums when Phas told me I did...also, every time I go back to the downtown district, I'm sent back to the front of Phas' apartment with the message "portalling".
Are you SURE you're going on the right train and sent to the wrong map? The thing with Phasmatis' apartment must be a mislabelling of the teleporters, I'll look into that. The "portalling" message is a debug for the voodoo shop portal system, so just ignore that.
When I talk to Zerohero, after he introduces himself, the conversation continues to refer to him as "Geeky-looking Guy"
Does he ever introduce himself? Should be an easy fix if so.
On the Vending machine GUI, the text description of the lockpick overlaps the frame containing the text.
Could you chuck this in the tracker, please? Nick needs to look at that, I think.

Sorry to hear about your save.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

On analysis of Kale's Log:

- There's a null reference in the timer of mission20.
- Apparently he's missing the paintingtube and postertube
- I'd also say that Chris got caught in some sort of loop attempting to get to an alarm, failing, and trying again.
-in FC_Corporate:
Log: BoneFemur0 fell out of the world!
Log: BoneFemur1 fell out of the world!
Log: BoneFemur4 fell out of the world!
Log: Plant11 fell out of the world!
Log: Fish2 fell out of the world!
- There's no TNMDV_CorporateMap
- no WeaponNapalmLauncher

Check in ..\TNM\Save\QuickSave\ Kale. Your save may be there.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Theres a garden in the downtown that uses potted plants as its plants. It looks pretty good except you can remove the plants.
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Jonas wrote:Does he ever introduce himself? Should be an easy fix if so.
Yeah, he introduces himself in the first couple lines of dialogue.
that guy wrote:Your save may be there.
I looked in there after getting an error that 20_WeaponShop was missing from that folder, and sure enough the map was missing. I grabbed it from the maps folder and placed it in Current save folder, thinking I could trick the game into letting me back in, but still no dice.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

that guy wrote:- Apparently he's missing the paintingtube and postertube
Uhm... by "missing" and "there's no", do you mean these objects are missing from the packages? Because if so, there's something pretty strange going on here.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

Jonas wrote:
that guy wrote:- Apparently he's missing the paintingtube and postertube
Uhm... by "missing" and "there's no", do you mean these objects are missing from the packages? Because if so, there's something pretty strange going on here.
Why would I be missing the paintingtube and postertube? I already turned the paintingtube in for the money!
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Post by DDL »

Depending on how you guys have set up your transferitem events in TNMconplay (or wherever), it will produce those "cannot find" results whenever transferring a custom item.

Mine does basically the same thing: even when you EXPLICITLY demand that it dynamically loads the actor from YOUR package, it still looks for it in Deusex.u about 12 times. And complains.
DDL

Post by DDL »

Also, I've seen that repetitive missionscript timer error in several previous versions.

I can't quite pin down what might be doing it, though...seems specific to downtown.

Wait: admittedly my code version is old, but if this is still in the script:

Code: Select all

foreach allactors(class'tnmcarcass',c,'N00B');
			if (c.bNotDead)
				SendPM("PM_Firewall_N00BKnockout");
Then remove the semicolon from the end of the iterator, since it really shouldn't be there (a mistake I'm sadly ALL too familiar with).

Also, should it be destroying, and then spawning in a new MS every time FC_Downtown loads up? The error messages seem to be coming from an incrementing MS actor number. It might just be some weird thing DX does that I've never noticed, of course. :)
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Ok, I have finally loaded up the TNM alpha, is it just me or are the opening cinematics (including the logos) very jerky?

EDIT: ok, running it with the new OpenGL renderer made it smooth again.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Well spotted DDL I've removed that semicolon from my version. I suspect that would cause that error so it should be fixed provided its the only source :P

The mission script is not serialised with the map, it is instead created and destroyed everytime. such it has always been.

tnmconplay is set up to handle explicitly specifying a package.

Jonas: Every one of those logs about things being missing state that deusex.blah could not be found. Unfortunately I can't be any more specific.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Where is the abandoned building holding the goat hostage? I know it's opposite the rent and repent building but I can't find it at all.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I actually had a lot of trouble finding this as well. On the other hand they're not exactly going to have it signposted :P
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Phas, it's not opposite the Rent 'n' Repent building, that was where it was in the old Downtown sector, and I forgot to change the directions when we replaced the map.

I'd be interested to see if you can find it more easily if I just tell you the new directions Abom gives you:
He is being held for interrogation in the condemned apartment to the south-west, across from the theme restaurant. You will recognize it by the filthy Goat billboard on the facade. Which reminds me that I still gotta send some people to vandalize that some time...
And the goal you get then says: "Rescue the Llama guard from the Goats who are interrogating him in the condemned building across the street from the theme restaurant to the south-west and bring him back to Abomination."
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Yeah that helped me find it. :D

Are there any other ATMs apart from the out of order one? I want to buy a ticket and it's very difficult unless I do all the otherside quests.