Beta 1.0.0 Check List

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Removed the platform game and the item replacement from the list, since we've decided to release the first beta without the finished platform game and without doing item replacement yet. Also added a couple of new little bugs so they won't be forgotten. Should be possible to implement these in less than a day's solid work, but we all know our programmers are busy people, so a day's solid work is highly unlikely to happen (don't take offense guys, it just means you have a life, as opposed to me).

Anyway it should be possible to strike the last items off the list before Tuesday, so if everybody does their part tomorrow (Monday), we'll have this beta done in a jiffy!
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Hmm, I have no part. I shall just lines, instead!
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Cutting lines would be an excellent contribution. If we're really lucky, Grub will swing by tonight and process any lines that Brian leaves for him :)

What's the deal with MIB? You said Spaic was gonna do him, but he's still in ProcessReady. What if Grub comes on and wants to process them, should I tell him to leave them alone?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Spaic is going to do them, but I don't think he's started them yet, as he usually moves stuff to the CheckedOut folder, as he should. I think he's still doing the Despot stuff.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Alright thanks.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Hey Larry, I uninstalled the OpenGL test from my laptop and installed Beta 1.0.0 instead. First of all, for some reason the .exe didn't have the TNM icon anymore when I moved it away from my PC. Furthermore, when I look at my Download folder in Icons mode, all the old install files have "Application" beneath the file name and then "The Nameless Mod" beneath "Application". The beta 1 installer only says "Application".

The real problem is that I can't run the mod after installation, though. I get this error message:
The Nameless Mod (Starting): TNM.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because boost_regex-vc80-mt-1_34.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
I've located this .dll in my DeusEx\System folder on my desktop PC, I think it's one of Nick's .dll's relevant to the DXI command prompt minigame. It's on the SVN as well, but it looks like you forgot to include it in the installer :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Darn, I hate DLL files :(

I guess I'll be doing another build tonight after all :-p

The displaying of the icon is related to the filesize of the .exe. As far as I can tell, windows bulks at displaying the icon if the .exe is too large. I've been unable to find a fix for it.

I'm not sure what I changed in relation to theApplication thing, but I can look into that as well.

Thanks for testing :-) Let me know if there's any other problems!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I'm kinda hoping we can squeeze in the Ghand addendum and the last Beefman barks, but it depends on whether Brian will be on before you make the second build. I'm also doing some last-minute fixes right now, I moved the DXI crystals according to Chris' instructions, and he also found a major skillpoint exploit concerning the N00Bz missions in Downtown, but I need either Shane or Nick to help me fix that. Hopefully it'll be done in time for the beta.

Far as I can tell, there's nothing else wrong with the installer :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

\o/

I'm a bit leary about introducing any code fixes, but I guess it's fine as long as it doesn't have the potential to screw everything up.

Maybe we should do a news update tomorrow to mark the special day?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yeah I think we should.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I've executed item replacement on all maps. Update your map folder while they're hot! :)

Nick's excellent script also yielded a list of all skill award triggers in the game. Since I already have a list of plot-related awards, we now have a full list of skill awards in TNM, which is fantastically useful.

The thing about the item replacement is that opening and saving a map in UnrealEd2 resets its physics properties. Nick logged all replaced items with non-standard rotation values, so I think I got most of them, but it probably reset a bunch of items that weren't actually replaced. That includes any assault guns or swords hanging on walls, and it includes projectiles such as prox-triggered grenades. So when you play the maps (lol as if), keep an eye out for them.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Beta 1.0.0 Check List

Post by Trestkon »

Do we have emails for Odaiba, Yakedo, and Steve, Jonas? I just realized I left them off the email list.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Beta 1.0.0 Check List

Post by Jonas »

I have mails for Steve and Yakedo. Not Odaiba though. I'll add them when I get home. If I remember.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine