UED 2 Packages (Bane of my existance)

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

UED 2 Packages (Bane of my existance)

Post by ZeroPresence »

I asked, and it seems there is no proper explanation as to how to get our stuffs to work for UED 2. So, am I the only one that uses UED2 or does someone else have working packages? Or know how to make them?
DDL
Traditional Evil Scientist

Re: UED 2 Packages (Bane of my existance)

Post by DDL »

packages for UED2 are just normal packages with all the actual code stripped out (leaving vars and defprops), so you can simply make a separate set of code-stripped classes to compile into "ued2 compatible" packages.

It's what I do. :)

Allegedly the build.exe does the same thing, only far far faster, but I've never managed to get it to work.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

TNMCharacters tends to trip me up for some reason. Somebody sent me a version of the class where all the proper code has been manually stripped out, so if I need to rebuild TNMCharacters, I swap out my classes for the empty ones and run build.exe with the batch scripts off the SVN.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

see my problem is all I really need is Deco and Items... but in turn I need TNM, which relies on TNMNative, which relies on ConSys which as most of us know is the bane of my existence... and thus: ](*,)
DDL

Post by DDL »

Depending on how much you strip out, you can probably make a UED2 version of TNM.u with no native dependencies (well, beyond the ones inherent to the unreal engine, obv :P).

All UED2 really needs, after all, are actors with variables. As far as it's concerned, any code beyond that is none of its business (anthropomorphisims aside).

So given that you don't place conplay actors in maps, conplay or conplaybase or derivatives thereof don't even need to be present.

I mean, constructing the package would still be an arse, but merely time-consuming rather than actually difficult.