Coding

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Trest, I've looked into this, and interestingly, I get no errors. You are compiling TNM before TNMItems, right? Because think about it: We never designate packages when we tell the class which superclass to extend, it shouldn't matter if it's extending a class in TNM or TNMItems. In fact most of our major superclasses (TNMDecorations, TNMVehicles, TNMPawn, etc.) are in TNM.

Also, I don't get this problem you have, I can compile both TNM and TNMItems (and TNMDeco for that matter, I did so as late as yesterday) without getting any errors.

I think you may have to recompile everything and/or get Shane to upload his packages and compile those.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Hmm, weird. I'll check and see.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

There's almost certainly a reason that class was moved to tnm.u (though I don't remember what it was). There shouldn't be an issue compiling provided you've got tnm.u compiled before you try to compile tnmitems.u (like jonas said).
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I need to know how you want me to implement these lollerskates. What exactly do they do?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I thought their description said that pretty well, but basically I want them to propel your forward at a speed that is just high enough to make it pretty difficult but not impossible to control them. They should override the movement buttons so you can't strafe or move backwards, you can only use the look buttons and/or the mouse to control your direction. They should also override the footstep sounds with a persistent sound that I'm asking Grub for. They should only stop when they run out of fuel.

I don't know how the environmental skill would affect them, but I think perhaps you can slow them down by pushing the backwards movement key on Advanced and even more down on Master? And perhaps you can use the strafe buttons to affect your direction if enviromental training is on Trained or above? I urge you to experiment :smile:
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Are these going to be useful in any way or are they purely for the entertainment value?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

They're mostly for entertainment, but I did think of a few places where they'd be useful. For example when you need to reach that isolated computer in the server complex before you go insane.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Shane:

Code: Select all

Error: D:\DeusEx\TNMDeco\Classes\SubwayMachine.uc(45) : Error, Unrecognized member 'KeyID' in class 'SubwayPass'
I've already removed that line in my own class to make the package compile, but you'll need to take care of it in your Master Version of TNMDeco too ;)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

mine all compile so I can only assume I already have. Thanks for the warning though.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

I HATE THE DX AI

Post by Jonas »

Hey Shane, why does the DX AI suck so much!?

I've placed skirmishing firewalls and WC troops in the corporate sector. I realized, the WC people are the attackers every time, and the firewalls are backed by milbots and secbots that totally wipe the floor with the WC troops. So I gave some of the WC people GEP guns, LAMs, and EMP grenades (effective against firewalls AND their bots!), and yet I haven't seen them use these huge assets a single time.

As they charge the positions of the firewalls, the damn GEP gunners put away their bigass rocket launchers in favour of assault guns with which they then run straight towards the nearest milbot!!

WTF!?

Is there some way to make these fuckers use the explosives I give them? This is really ridiculous :?

If all else fails, can we script it so the WC troops send a guy with a LAW ahead to take out the milbot before the rest of them charge forward? Let's just do something to even the odds a bit.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

It's possible they don't want to use their AOE weapons for fear of damaging their allies or themselves.
Jim
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jim »

HI!

I'm Jim. You may all refer to me as Jim.

Master Jonas asked me to post this here, so I have complied with his request dutifully.

But in all seriousness, I'd really like anyone who's having the ogg skipping problem to test these two versions of the ogg player and tell me if they notice any difference between the two of them:

http://xenophobia.halebob.org/temp/DLL1.zip
http://xenophobia.halebob.org/temp/DLL2.zip

After testing, just smack me on MSN or send an email to either jonas or myself and inform us of the results, if any.

I give you all my humble gratitude.

Jim
I exist within the power lines...for some odd reason.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

while you're fixing OGG player bugs I have one I'd like you to look at ^_^

The menu doesn't dynamically change the volume that the player plays at. If you start a map then change the volume in the menu it will have no effect till next time you load a map. what is the best way to fix this?
Jim
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jim »

shane!~

That's actually fixed in the latest version (those DLLs as well. not sure if you have it yet). It was a bug that only occured if the ogg player loaded with an intro map.
I exist within the power lines...for some odd reason.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Shane: Might as well delete TNMContainers - nothing extends it :)
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine