Modeling

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Modeling

Post by Trestkon »

Modeling crew:
Trestkon
Phasmatis

To-do list:
Radish Leaf
WeaponHandTex

Level 3D renders:

- DX Editing (ready)
- ABI labs (ready)

Random deco (low priority):
Last edited by Trestkon on Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

The flame turret is pretty much done, the only thing I can't seem to do is allow it to be disabled via a security computer, I will look in to it though. The turret also runs out of ammo unlike normal turrets, I thought that would be a nice feature since the flames are so deadly. If you trick the turret enough (it's pretty slow) you can make it use all the ammo up allowing you to pass.

The petri dish: What exactly do you need for that? I remember you saying something about it needing to have stuff in like the jars.

Hanging Targets: What do these need to do? Will Shane be coding them or do you want me to do it?

The HDTP helicopter is finished, I still need to do the crashed version but now that I have the main textures and model done that shouldn't be a problem. I just need to make sure the non-crashed version is ok first.

The sprinkler is imported, it just needs coding, I think smoke was going to do that.

The multiskin glitch, I don't know what that is exactly but I think it was something I couldn't sort out so that should be a job for Shane.

EDIT: Oh yes, one more thing. Could you point me to the map that will have the crashed helicopter? I can see if I can make it look as if it actually crashed there.
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

OMG! So much forum activity! I predict praise in today's news post...
The flame turret is pretty much done, the only thing I can't seem to do is allow it to be disabled via a security computer, I will look in to it though. The turret also runs out of ammo unlike normal turrets, I thought that would be a nice feature since the flames are so deadly. If you trick the turret enough (it's pretty slow) you can make it use all the ammo up allowing you to pass.
That sounds very neat. If you can't figure out how to make it disablable, forward it to Shane, he's been messing enough with our computers that it should be pretty easy for him.
The petri dish: What exactly do you need for that? I remember you saying something about it needing to have stuff in like the jars.
If possible, I just need it to use two multiskins: One is the glass for the dish itself, the other is the texture for the contents. It should have this small pool of goo in the middle which can be assigned different textures to vary it's appearance. Also, it would be nice if you imported a model without any contents, just an empty dish.
Hanging Targets: What do these need to do? Will Shane be coding them or do you want me to do it?
I need them to act like all the other hanging decorations, ie. they're attached to the ceiling by a rope or somesuch, and when you shoot them, they will swing accordingly. If you don't know how to do it, you may ask Shane for help, but I suspect you need to define where the target is attached to the ceiling in the model.
The HDTP helicopter is finished, I still need to do the crashed version but now that I have the main textures and model done that shouldn't be a problem. I just need to make sure the non-crashed version is ok first.
W00T! Can we see a screenshot please? Pretty please? Puhleeeease!!?
The sprinkler is imported, it just needs coding, I think smoke was going to do that.
Yeah that's Smoke's job, although he's been completely inactive since the summer holidays ended. We may eventually need Shane to take care of it.
The multiskin glitch, I don't know what that is exactly but I think it was something I couldn't sort out so that should be a job for Shane.
Well I don't know either. Maybe just finish the objects and then the problem will eventually be brought forth in the bug system?
EDIT: Oh yes, one more thing. Could you point me to the map that will have the crashed helicopter? I can see if I can make it look as if it actually crashed there.
http://tnm.offtopicproductions.com/team ... 4_5_05.rar

There you are. It's about 95% finished, we have yet to add a skybox, and if Smoke ever implements it, we'd like to use his precipitation system to make it snow. The area with the crashed chopper is the isolated area near the top of the mountain area, you can also find it by looking around in the upper tunnels by the hanging bridge.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

The only thing I need to do now is the crashed helicopter, everything else is pretty much done (although I still need to sort out the flame turret today).

Here are a couple of pictures of the helicopter, I put it in the ABI map where I assume you mean it to be, so if you could tell me if I have the right place or not that would be great.

HeliShot1
HeliShot2
HeliShot3
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Wheee! That's so awesome. That dull metallic hue really works.

And yeah, that's the right spot. It'll contain the crashed chopper and a WorldCorp survivor fighting a squad of ABI guards. There should also be some goodies from the chopper. Like maybe a case of rockets for the Quad launcher.

Ooh, do you think you can give the crashed chopper an inventory that the player gets when he frobs it? :D
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

Hmmm, I dunno, it might need a lot of coding. I'll see how it's done with the pawns.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Or alternately, take the universal solution: Forward it to Shane.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

The crashed version!!
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I like the blades :D

In fact I just generally like it. You still pwn my face, Phas :(
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

this makes me explode in my pants.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Supour awesome :shock:
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I have managed to make it so the crashed helicopter has an inventory. :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

:D

Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I am currantly high on powerful pain killers, man dat's good shit!

Anyway I made a concept of the mask and boots earlier.

Is that what you have in mind?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Those look pretty fabulous. My only suggestion for the gas mask is to perhaps make the canisters look more like the filter on this picture:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/biochem-war3.jpg

Just not quite so humongous, all I mean is they could have a slightly wider but shorter cylinder at the ends. I don't know if that'd make them look too much like filters and too little like air canisters though... it just might.

As for the jet boots... lol. I'm not sure. I mean I like the idea, but I'm not sure if the springs just make them a bit too silly. I'd wait for the other guys' suggestions. The boots themselves are great, but try to make them look really clumsy and steampunk-ish. Like they're made from cast iron or something :lol:

How about making them jet-rollerskates? :D They would just be these massive iron rollerskates with a jet behind them, and they would allow you to run really fast and jump very long, but they wouldn't increase the height of your jump, assuring that they don't override the speed aug too much. I think that'd rock.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine