Pointy's Bug Trap

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Pointy's Bug Trap

Post by Pointman »

Since my broadband died for several hours, here we go.

1. GPF after confirming the purchase in Raving's; the yes/no window is fancy, but I guess that's the culprit (or the code that controls the shopping process). I'll pop up with a screenshot asap.

2. TG's quest - uploading virus. Yields no effect. Is it implemented anyway?

3. Quad Launcher/UC - may it be I'm too dumb to get the whole idea, or it's too complicated (read: no clue). Or - same as above?

4. GAH! Since SD is not much of a runner, he can be outrun by T. Which is ok; the problem is, if you leave the map before he stomps out of the ramp, and return, he's still there. Is there a way to remove him from map (at the map enter, a check that would check if SD played his bye-bye convo) - it's a minor stuff, but - well - polishing the gold, so to speak.

And, somehow I find it funny - the fact those poor bastards at the lowest level of garage - they lie in peace, and all of sudden - they start burning. Just as I came.

5. Doorfames/passages that require crouchjump combo to enter - pics being sorted.

6. No subsequent lines for good ol' doc?

Soon, I'll start torturing every single NPC to make sure barks are ok.

Anyway, blame it on the flu.

BTW - laser is preety handy, especially with laser/scope combo. Shame it's an unique weapon... on the other hand...
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Re: Pointy's Bug Trap

Post by Jonas »

Hey, look at me getting paid for replying to posts on the OTP forums. Meh, I just needed a break from reading through Danish Greenpeace's amazingly outdated website. I'll let Shane handle the first one, here are my replies to the rest:
Pointman wrote:2. TG's quest - uploading virus. Yields no effect. Is it implemented anyway?
Not in the sense that I've ever done anything to see if it works. The basics are in the game, so in theory it should work, but I don't consider it implemented until I've successfully tried it out at least once in-game. And I haven't. However, if you tell me what you did and what did or did not happen, it would make it quicker for me to implement it. I think all the side mission should be playable in the next version.
3. Quad Launcher/UC - may it be I'm too dumb to get the whole idea, or it's too complicated (read: no clue). Or - same as above?
Again, this one should be almost implemented (meaning that everything has been set up except the visual effects, but again, I haven't tested it). If you tell me what you did and what happened, that would help a little.
4. GAH! Since SD is not much of a runner, he can be outrun by T. Which is ok; the problem is, if you leave the map before he stomps out of the ramp, and return, he's still there. Is there a way to remove him from map (at the map enter, a check that would check if SD played his bye-bye convo) - it's a minor stuff, but - well - polishing the gold, so to speak.
Yes, this is very well found, good work. I shall tell Shane to remove SD with the mission script when Trestkon leaves the map or re-enters it (however he would prefer to do it).
And, somehow I find it funny - the fact those poor bastards at the lowest level of garage - they lie in peace, and all of sudden - they start burning. Just as I came.
Uh, yes. Maybe we should do something about that. I'll ask Smoke.
5. Doorfames/passages that require crouchjump combo to enter - pics being sorted.
Thanks! That'll be great! :D
6. No subsequent lines for good ol' doc?

Soon, I'll start torturing every single NPC to make sure barks are ok.
Eh, DDL is supposed to have subsequents, but I don't think he's supposed to have barks. After seeing how many AI barks we had, I decided not to make barks for any minor characters who didn't already have them. I may still add BarkIdle, BarkFutz, and possibly some alliance barks to him though. Do you think it would be TOO weird if he didn't have them?
BTW - laser is preety handy, especially with laser/scope combo. Shame it's an unique weapon... on the other hand...
On the other hand the player will treasure it more when it only appears once throughout the game. And also, it's one of the best weapons we have, especially because it still doesn't make bots hostile like it should :?

Excellent work on the bug hunting Pointy.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

Cathedral BSP
- probably happens on slower machines with shitty GPUs. At certain angles, fragments the half-tube wall dissapear.

cheffe
Standing on wheel since first alpha.

Easter Bugg
Not really a bug, and it's probably coz of low res settings

Light at the... erm... ceiling of the tunnel

Slicer
What's wrong with that dude? Are the lines finished? *runs to check convo packages*

And last, but not least:
Doorframe of Crouchjump
- same situation with that passage from storage area of WC to a pit with funky explosion bonus.

BTW, if you fall down into water, under those exploding barrels (which break the wall, opening a way to WC corridor with dead scientist) - there's no way to get out of the water. And the pipes end up in solid wall (well, one of them).

- TG. I've recieved a virus from EI. In TG's room, I've found that well hidden notepad with user/pass. Logged in. Uploaded the virus, after multitooling the electrobox in a room next door. Finito.

Quad Launcher. Just went to UC room and uploaded the schematics I got from DDL. I really think there should be an DV image of that stuff. Just for kicks. I really don't get it - may it be I was skimming the convos/datacube too fast and I've omitted something. Like turning that stuff on. But - hey - I'm just your average dumb player...

And - yes - for some reason I believe some players would find evil pleasure in torturing good ol' doc. -> AI barks.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Excellent bug huntery, Pointy:)

I'm spending my night harrassing Gisol, so hopefully the bug tracker will be back soon.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

For future bug reports:
INCREASE YOUR BRIGHTNESS TO 1.0!

Or alternatively, use the sshot console command to take screenshots, that one comes with a flash (quite litterally).
Pointman wrote:Cathedral BSP- probably happens on slower machines with shitty GPUs. At certain angles, fragments the half-tube wall dissapear.
Negative, it happens for everybody, it's a good old massive BSP error, and I don't know what's causing it.
cheffe
Standing on wheel since first alpha.
Yarr, I noticed this too, it's an easy fix. Will be fixx0red in the next alpha.
Easter Bugg
Not really a bug, and it's probably coz of low res settings
Eep, I must forward this to Shane.
Light at the... erm... ceiling of the tunnel
Bahfine, I'll fix this.
Slicer
What's wrong with that dude? Are the lines finished? *runs to check convo packages*
Hm, I'll look into it.
Doorframe of Crouchjump
- same situation with that passage from storage area of WC to a pit with funky explosion bonus.
This is a mover collision bug, and it requires ZP to recreate those doors. I'll ask him about it when he's done with the old server complex.
BTW, if you fall down into water, under those exploding barrels (which break the wall, opening a way to WC corridor with dead scientist) - there's no way to get out of the water. And the pipes end up in solid wall (well, one of them).
Are you sure? Please make sure there's absolutely no way for you to swim UP through the ceiling of that pipe.
- TG. I've recieved a virus from EI. In TG's room, I've found that well hidden notepad with user/pass. Logged in. Uploaded the virus, after multitooling the electrobox in a room next door. Finito.
And what's the problem? Does Evil Invasion not say the right things when you return to him after doing that? If he doesn't, it's a convo bug and I will fix it.
Quad Launcher. Just went to UC room and uploaded the schematics I got from DDL. I really think there should be an DV image of that stuff. Just for kicks. I really don't get it - may it be I was skimming the convos/datacube too fast and I've omitted something. Like turning that stuff on. But - hey - I'm just your average dumb player...
Yeah, we will have a DV schematic of the quad launcher as soon as the planets align (read: when Ricemanu gets back and finishes that HDTP chopper). As for the mission, you are meant to find the UC construction codes first, just like you were told in the conversations (which are logged... dude).
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Pointman
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Pointman »

Jonas wrote:For future bug reports:
INCREASE YOUR BRIGHTNESS TO 1.0!
Sshot will do, I forgot about it. Sorz. Note taken.
Jonas wrote:This is a mover collision bug, and it requires ZP to recreate those doors.
Hmm, more of passage entries, but whatevayoucall it, maybe I've overused that doorframe word. Blame it no the flu.

TG. EI seems to be looped on the clues, so you may be right.
Jonas wrote:.... just like you were told in the conversations (which are logged... dude).
Hell yes, I wasn't focused enough.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Right, the chef-on-a-wheel bug has been fixed, now all generic characters have a max step height of 16 units, and the wheels are something like 32. I'll fix the lights in the sewers later, I don't feel like mapping right now.

As for the doorframes, the passage to the construction area in the Sublevel is the only one without a door where you must do weird maneuvers to get through, right? Because that passage has a BSP error which is the cause of the problem. The only other ones I know of are mover collision errors, like the doors to the prisons.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine