Alpha 2.0.0 Checklist

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Jonas, check zee Alpha folder for a special test version of the installer, just for you! I'd give you a direct link, but it's not done yet, and I'm to lazy to work out what the link is because it has a bunch of spaces in it.

It has all the latest packages (at least, the ones I have), but only the first map. Back up all your stuff before you install it, especially because the uninstaller will remove all the maps in the maps folder. I plan to make it actually just remove *our* maps, in case someone for some reason adds a map in there, but I'm waiting until I actually have them all :-p I'll do the same with the packages, as well.

EDIT: LINKY!!!

http://thenamelessmod.com/teamftp/ALPHA ... RJONAS.exe
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I have good news! I'm not working tomorrow after all because we all worked 11 hours Friday and finished everything :D

If Chris doesn't magically pop in tomorrow and announce his work on the space station is done, however, we're going to have to postpone the alpha until some time during the week or perhaps even next weekend. Which'd be a shame, but so be it. I'd rather postpone than release one more alpha than we've planned. It's too much work - and too much uploading :P
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Larry, since you're not around today we'll push the alpha until tomorrow or whenever you're next online. Everything is pretty much set up except the space station, where some testing is still needed. There's also an annoying (certainly pathing-related) freeze bug in SS01, and I need to hook up SS04 and set it up as a placeholder for the final command module that Chris will be doing. All of which I can most definitely do tomorrow after work.

I have all the current packages under my command and everything is backed up to a USB flash drive (a very large USB flash drive). Apart from wrapping up the space station, which I will need your help with, the last thing we're missing is to place the four gloves throughout the mod, which is a 5 minute job once we decide where to put them.

And then, well... transferring everything to you and compiling and uploading the installer :D
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Annoyingly, when I got back from my out of town trip today, I was informed that I have to go out of town again tomorrow o_0

Except my job tomorrow will actually involve work, probably about 10 hours of it, not including the 3 hours of driving.

I will, however, have a better hotel than I did last night, and I'll be sure to bring my wireless card in case that's all they have. I'm hoping that the job won't take as long as I imagine it might. There's the possibility that they won't even want me staying out there, which means I'll have to drive home...making it about a 16 hour day.

Basically, tomorrow is a complete unknown. Saturday I may or may not be at my cabin, and Sunday I should be around at least in the evening.

As for next week, I haven't yet heard of any out of town stuff, and hopefully none will pop up. However, I definitely *will* have Thursday off, as it's the day after my birthday, and I've asked the boss not to work :p
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Okay, well I'm basically autonomous at the moment except for leaning heavily on whatever programmers happen to be available, and that I need you to compile the installer (because you have the experience doing it and I really don't want to output a b0rked installer due to incompetence). I'd really like to get that alpha out tonight, but we'll see when you're on.

I went to bed at 2 am last night but lay awake for an hour and kept writing down things I should test and/or fix or implement before the alpha, most of it to do with the cult missions that have really been neglected during our strike phase. Most of it should be small stuff, and I'll check it when I get home. I'd like your help testing the Space Station and fixing the last pathing crashes (oh how I do hate those pathing crashes!!), but if you're unavailable I'll try it myself.

I gotta say I am somewhat displeased with your absense in the upcoming days, I was really counting on your help :(

I've brought all of TNM with me to work so if one of the coders pops around I can get a few things done even before I get home. We'll see.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

If we don't get this alpha out as soon as humanly possible, my head will explode or I will lose my wits and go completely bat-shit insane.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

So, I ended up going out to a backyard bonfire soon after you left, Jonas, but I manged to do some testing on 22_GoatCity.

I opened it up and let it run the entire 4 hours I was gone, and it didn't crash. When I got home I tried setting the Allied_WC flag, as I thought for some reason that might do it, but it made no difference. Then I ran around the level shooting people and had everyone running around after me, without a single crash.

Did you accidentally fix the crash, as some point, perhaps?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Have you tried opening 20_FCDowntown or 20_GoatTemplae and using the level transition to enter the Goat City?
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

No, I'll give that a try, it was next on my list :)
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Now that A180 is out, it's time to revive this thread! I updated the first post, and you'll note all the alpha's previous to A200 has been completed, so it's time to move on to our last scheduled alpha build.

I say scheduled because we may release some more alpha builds before we finish A200, simply to bring our testers up to speed and motivate us all to keep truckin'.

I've also updated the checklist for what we need to finish before we can release A200. Almost all the items on it are fairly major. So I guess we better get started :P

I didn't include bugs and minor things like the Space Station schematics to the list - it only has the biggest stuff on there, I'm sure we'll keep fixing bugs as we go.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Item balancing has now been finished on all TNM levels! All that's left before A2 is the Narcissus ending :D
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

WOO! Excellent verk :D
Phasmatis
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Phasmatis »

I have completely uninstalled Deus Ex now ready to test TNM, what exactly do I need to download? Should I wait until the Witchboy alpha is complete?
Keeper of the pointy stick of injustice™.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

The Harvey build was actually uploaded last weekend. You can download it here:

http://thenamelessmod.com/teamftp/ALPHA ... 02.1.0.exe

You shouldn't have any problem with the installer. If you do, there's a specific category for installer bugs in the tracker :)

And in case you've lost the link, the bugtracker is here:
http://thenamelessmod.com/bugtracker/

Have fun! :D
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine