Alpha 2.0.0 Checklist

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Alpha 2.0.0 Checklist

Post by Jonas »

Alright, we had a deadline for Alpha 2.0.0. However, we missed that by a couple of months, so I'm not gonna do set a new one. Instead, change of plans! The strike team now consists of me, myself, and I, supreme ruler of TNM. Uh, I mean... yeah.

Anyway, I'll be taking over all the maps and putting them together, turning to Chris, Shane, Rice, and Grub for help where I need it. And probably Trestkon too. Anyway...

A120: All maps up to the server complex linked together *Completed*
A125: All maps except OSC & NSC linked together *Completed*
A150: All mission triggers and actors implemented *Completed*
A175: All NPC's and private messages set up *Completed*
A180: All items placed *Completed*

Alpha 2.0.0 Checklist:
  1. Forum City sector skyboxes (particularly Corporate).
  2. Narcissus ending.
  3. ABI Docking cutscene.
  4. Intro cinematic.
  5. Endgame denouement cinematic.
  6. Mover damage threshold standardization.
  7. Exploration bonuses.
  8. Item balancing.
Narcissus ending notes

Narcissus gives a key to a "testing room" that may be accessed from the command module.

The key is labelled <REMOVE BEFORE ALPHA 2.0.0> DEBUGGING ROOM

The room contains a "Debugger" which is one of those trippy THIS IS A BUG cubes.

When frobbing the debugger, you may engage in conversation with it. It has become sentient and you can convince it to kill itself in order to break the game and free everyone.

If you make the debugger crash the game, this window will appear with the traditional Windows DING sound:
http://images.gorillarape.com/hosted/20 ... ending.png

Clicking OK will trigger a special, very brief cutscene, and the credits will roll.
Last edited by Jonas on Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

what exactly is the plan if it doesn't work on certain hardware?
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

We uh... will deal with that problem when it arises.

Mainly, we will add information to the troubleshooting section of our manual. For example, some testers may experience compatibility problems with other mods they have installed, and we can then mention that in the manual so other people won't be stumped when they meet that issue.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
ZeroPresence
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by ZeroPresence »

You need old server complex and new server complex done by December tenth? Wow, thats nothing dude!
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Woot. I love deadlines.

I also love the fact that we've finally gotten another mapper to finish up the New Server Complex!
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

To be fair, we're probably going to have to push the December 17 deadline a bit, but as I think I've said before, let's just aim for the moon, then we'll probably hit Hawaii.

In any case, we may have the mod mostly playable by christmas, which would be pretty good in my opinion.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
Briguy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Briguy »

Guys, I have noticed that Alpha 1.1.0 causes an extreme amount of system lag. If I open the alpha I can bareley move the mouse in the main menu. When I run Deus ex it works perfectly fine. I am using an Nvidia Geforce 2Mmx/Mx400. I this is an out dated card but work fine in Deus ex. I don't know what else can be the problem. I would love to be able to get it to work as I want to complete the rest of the maps in my composing adventures. Can trhis be looked into befor proceeding with the newest alpha?. Thanks
Redd
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

I have no idea what could cause this, but one of the others might. Until it's fixed, just copy all the .u files in your \DeusEx\TNM\System folder into your \DeusEx\System folder and then open the relevant maps by opening regular Deus Ex vanilla and typing eg. "open 20_FCDowntown" in the console without the quotes.

You may need to copy the necessary maps into the DeusEx\Maps folder first though, I'm not sure.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

does it chug all the time or just when the intro gets into the large open map area?

It might be possible that the ini values aren't copied from your deus ex ini properly and it's trying to use a graphics setting that your card doesn't support or something. Try copying the gametype and player class entries from your tnm.ini and copying them into your deusex.ini and see if that improves your performance.

I was running tnm on a GeForce2 so I know it can handle it at least to a degree. What are your other specs? It could be more processor or ram intensive.
Briguy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Briguy »

Hey there, this system I use for the net and such is an AMD Athlon XP2200 1.8GHZ with 512 Ram. Running WinXP home. Latest drivers for everything. I will try the .ini thing. I had the alpha installed in the past with no problems. I recently did a clen install and bam. Thanks for the tips, touch base later.
Redd
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

that system should -easily- handle tnm.
Briguy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by Briguy »

Well, I have copied all the files into the deus ex game in there proper loccations and try to load a TNM map using the open whatever map and the map starts to open and bam, the game stops. I don't know at this point but I really need to get this going as I want to finish writing my parts. Any thing else to recommend?
Redd
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

It just stops? As in freezes?

Is there no way you can compose without playing the maps? Perhaps check some screenshots to make out the atmosphere of the maps? I dunno, it just doesn't seem like your computer is very cooperative.
Jonas Wæver

Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

yeah what exactly happens when you try to load the map?
cyan
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by cyan »

Briguy wrote:Well, I have copied all the files into the deus ex game in there proper loccations and try to load a TNM map using the open whatever map and the map starts to open and bam, the game stops. I don't know at this point but I really need to get this going as I want to finish writing my parts. Any thing else to recommend?
do you have any other mods installed?