Woops! I created pong.

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

NVShacker
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Woops! I created pong.

Post by NVShacker »

So today in between my splitting headaches (which I've been having for months now and I daresay are limiting my productivity) I decided I really needed to focus on understanding some more GUI stuff since I know Jonas is going to want me to code some kind of puzzle or something at some point so I played with some drawing stuff, and then some very basic collision detection... and then about 10 hours later (having gone in and out of consciousness several times during this, assuredly) I realized I had actually created a fully functional pong clone in Deus Ex. So now I've got two versions of deus ex pong: "classic" and "dx style". The difference, the more inquisitive of you may ask? In "dx style" you're batting around a two dimensional lam instead! Yay fun!

There are two reasons I am posting this:
1) I just figured it was pretty neat and someone might have a use for it ported to a scripted texture or something.
2) I wanted to show that Deus Ex's GUI system can be used for some interesting things.

I threw everything in a ready to use testing computer bundled with the classes, I'd recommend you just stick them in a new package like PongTest if you're curious. The computer itself you place is ComputerPuzzle. Nab it here if you're so inclined.

BTW, let me know if I'm getting a bit spammy with the new topics, I just figured this might be of general interest outside of the scope of the coding thread.
NVShacker
Are you still there?
Master_Kale
HDTP Member
HDTP Member

Post by Master_Kale »

OMG sounds awesome! Can someone compile this into a map and release it so us n00bs who don't have time to/are too lazy to do it themselves can play around with it please? :P
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

Haha, it *is* awesome. Maybe I'll have some time to compile/upload it later.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis