Weapon Shop

Stare in awe at the fascinating machinations of the TNM team during the last two years of production, this was our private forum.

Moderator: TNM Team

that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Weapon Shop

Post by that guy »

There will be an overhaul of the entire weaponshop system (as per meeting held between jonas, trestkon and myself) as follows:

Purchasable weapons will exist in display cases which are locked.

Display cases will have a coin slot style interface that will display a GUI informing the user of the price of the contents of the container and allowing the user to purchase the contents.

When the user purchases the contents the container opens.

It will be possible for the player to hack the containers such that they open without the player paying (I'm unclear as to whether this will be computer/electronics/lockpicking).

There will be a security control room somewhere which has a means to disable the store security (possibly through some sort of hacking).

If a container is hacked and store security is active an alarm will be raised.

Among the effects of an alarm are automated turrets dropping from the roof.

The vent that led past the metal detectors will instead lead to the security control room.

The metal detectors will be removed.

The firing range will remain.

The player will now be able to fire anywhere within the weaponshop. Not just the firing range.

I think that covers everything. My understanding of the security of the weaponshop is a little sketchy so Jonas or Trestkon feel free to correct/expand.

Everyone else feel free to comment.
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

I should mention that the idea of the containers was actually DDL's (though I forgot when I suggested it). It woudl appear that he suggested it months ago whcih is presumably where I got the idea.
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Here's a quick overview of security in the shop:
  1. Each display case will have a credit chit reader (modified card reader) that may be multitooled to bypass paying.
  2. Each display case is hooked up to an alarm which will be activated if the display case is opened without paying for the item within.
  3. If the alarm activates, five autoturrets distributed throughout the main shop space will drop from the ceiling and open fire on the player.
  4. The alarm may be deactivated from a crawlspace beneath the main shop room, wherein is a security computer that can be hacked. The login for this computer may alternatively be found on Andreus' PC.
  5. The crawlspace may be reached by way of the vent that previously led to the exit. The vent is protected by lasers that trigger poison gas when activated.
  6. The lasers in the vent may be deactivated by multitooling a control panel in the second floor storage room.
  7. The storage room can be entered either by picking the lock of the door or by taking the small utility elevator from behind the counter.
It should be mentioned that triggering the alarm in the shop will also cause Raving Nutter to leave his office and run down to investigate. At least that is the plan.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador
Clandestine
that guy
The Nameless Mod
The Nameless Mod

Post by that guy »

Resurrecting this thread re bug #772. Under what circumstances should the player encounter raving et al in mission 22? As I see it if the alarm is triggered then he definitely should. The question is then if he is able to discretely steal weapons in mission 20 should he still get called up on it in mission 22.
Trestkon
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Trestkon »

I say yes, if the player steals something and doesn't get caught he should be hunted down by the thugs.
-Life does not snap to the x-axis
Jonas
Off Topic Productions
Off Topic Productions

Post by Jonas »

Yep, we'll do that.
Jonas Wæver
Chief Poking Manager of TNM

I've made some videogames:
Expeditions: Rome
Expeditions: Viking
Expeditions: Conquistador