July 30

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Re: July 30

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Congrats dave.. This is a huge accomplishment. I've let the people know, you should start getting a lot of publicity soon.
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

I think NV will hit number 1 mod on ModDB, it has already moved from 7 to 6 in the past 4 hours...

Also your mod is the first thing people see on ModDB right now, Awesome work

edit number 2 now
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
justanotherfan
Illuminati

Post by justanotherfan »

justanotherfan wrote:This is just another delay to quiet us critics. We (the community) demands release!
DaveW wrote:The news and download have just been authorised - it's available now.
I'm glad you've understood the reasonabilityness of our demands. Your expedient capitulation is appreciated and noted.

This is awesome. Thank you DaveW. I will play NV soon. Reiterating Salk, thanks for persevering hardware and IRL difficulties to create NV. To remind anyone who wasn't here years ago, HDTP declined World Textures as outside their mod scope; there are too many diverse textures to recreate, since beyond models, it's how Deus Ex looks. Snipamasta (DaveW) saw a challenge instead of impossibility, and with some early help from MrCyberpunk, NV is available. There's always more to do, but we're all grateful for the newest NV release, and looking forward to any new world textures and how the map-fixing ideas change DX.

Congratulations on creating the new standard for Deus Ex gameplay.
Mr_Cyberpunk
Illuminati

Post by Mr_Cyberpunk »

Dave couldn't have picked a more better time to release this. I am extremely happy. Thankyou for everything you've done Dave.
EER
Illuminati

Post by EER »

Great work Dave! Can't wait to play it, TONIGHT. Also, I may replay TNM as well once I finish DX with NV. I wonder how much that has been impacted :)

Thanks a lot for all your work! =D>
Another Visitor ... Stay a while ... Stay forever!
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

EER wrote:Great work Dave! Can't wait to play it, TONIGHT. Also, I may replay TNM as well once I finish DX with NV. I wonder how much that has been impacted :)

Thanks a lot for all your work! =D>
I took some screenies with the new OpenGL renderer and the NV demo, TNM has never looked better. I just loaded up the training in DX via TNM and the walls and floors look stunning.

Edit: Number 1 of 14,888. Not too shabby.
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
AgentSmithereens
Silhouette

Post by AgentSmithereens »

Wow this is brilliant news! Congrats Dave, can't wait to start playing; have been saving my latest DX playthrough for this :D
Nameless Voice
UNATCO

Post by Nameless Voice »

No actual release thread?
No link?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-new-vision

In any case, congratulations DaveW!
m3rc1l3ss
Silhouette

Post by m3rc1l3ss »

My computer started crying when I launched DeusEx with NV 10min+ for loading screens lol

Still worth it though

Edit: Who knew turning on precaching with 1 gig memory is a bad idea
Hmm, I really wish I had a signature...
gamer0004
Illuminati

Post by gamer0004 »

Wow I have just come back from a holiday and I see this. AWESOME. Gonna download it ASAP.