Congratulations, you crazy bastard

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Re: Congratulations, you crazy bastard

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Yeah. Long for the days that 15 demo's fitted on a CD (except for that mega-badass 300MB(!!!) Deus Ex demo. That was some big demo :lol:).
Now I get about 5 on a DVD with my mag.

Quality isn't as good either :(.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Zaine
UNATCO

Post by Zaine »

Those discs got me great stuff that I never knew even existed! Thanks to them (and a charity shop where I got the game from, aren't they great? :D ) I bought Deus Ex! How I'll miss those days...
You Will Regret This!
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Same.
No Deus Ex, Freelancer, Majesty, Age of Empires, Baldur's Gate and similarly brilliant games if I hadn't tried their demo from a game mag disc.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

I suppose any kind of development has halted since the release?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

On my part pretty much, yes. I'm working full time in an industry I don't understand at all, so my job is taking up all my time.
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

DaveW wrote:On my part pretty much, yes. I'm working full time in an industry I don't understand at all, so my job is taking up all my time.
Best of luck with familiarizing yourself with your job of course.

Hopefully you'll eventually manage to return to New Vision and contribute the last touches it still needs. But I was mostly thinking of what happened to the NV installer and the map fixing projects.

For a time people like nerdenstein, miguel, chris the cynic, daveyboy1978 and morpheus were very active around NV but it's been almost two months since I read any update about anything. Hopefully, their interest will rekindle before long although what I really dream of is a comeback of Y|yukichigai for Shifter 2.0.

I wish you and all NV users a merry Xmas and happy new year of course!

Cheers!
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Hopefully. Let me get Christmas and various exams in Jan out of the way first and I'll see what I can do. :mrgreen:

Merry Christmas guys. :smile:
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
Morpheus
X-51

Post by Morpheus »

For a time people like nerdenstein, miguel, chris the cynic, daveyboy1978 and morpheus were very active around NV but it's been almost two months since I read any update about anything. Hopefully, their interest will rekindle before long although what I really dream of is a comeback of Y|yukichigai for Shifter 2.0.
I have been busy doing some finalising starting up my own business which I have to do before I begin (Web Design, Graphic/3D Design, Photography, filming and video editing among a few other things) so have not had much time to think about NV or my own mod or similar but if the NV mapping is still going ahead in future, I'll still be able to give a hand whenever possible though.
My nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
My whistle/flute videos (and some other videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/DXMorpheus
Cybernetic pig
Illuminati

Post by Cybernetic pig »

Great work DaveW, you deserve a fucking medal!