New Vision- Bug Reports

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

New Vision- Bug Reports

Post by Hassat Hunter »

1. What's a "youur" (UNATCO HQ poster of Liberty city)? I *think* it should read tour, not sure though.

2. Castle Clinton plaque... "eyars" instead of "years"

3. Painting in UNATCO HQ near the television (near Gunther) is misalligned.

That's all I found so far (and 3 requires mappers).
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Re: New Vision- Bug Reports

Post by DaveW »

Hassat Hunter wrote:3. Painting in UNATCO HQ near the television (near Gunther) is misalligned.
All of the paintings in UNATCO are misaligned :P Stuff like this will be fixed en masse in the map pack.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Eh. Most look fine. But this one got a piece of itself on top, above the "border"

Are the typo's fixable?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Yeah, but I'll wait until we release the map pack with new textures before I fix them. No sense releasing a patch just to fix typos ;)
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

I haven't explicitly seen anything (just played Liberty Island), but I will say that there should be some note or something with the Deus Ex launcher included in the NewVision file that says it needs the Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes. I found the files in another program directory and threw them in with the launcher, but not sure I remember it saying anything to this effect in any of the readmes.

Hope that helps.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

ggrotz wrote:I haven't explicitly seen anything (just played Liberty Island), but I will say that there should be some note or something with the Deus Ex launcher included in the NewVision file that says it needs the Visual C++ 2010 Runtimes. I found the files in another program directory and threw them in with the launcher, but not sure I remember it saying anything to this effect in any of the readmes.
Like this? ;)

I suppose, really, that should've been in the Launcher readme as well. But it was there :)
BoggyP
NSF

Post by BoggyP »

1) The castle clinton plaque. It looked like it had the top and sides of a frame but not the bottom.
I also think it said "covernors island" and assumed it was supposed to be "governors island" (may be wrong about this).
2) Not sure if this is really new vision stuff but I noticed that the bulletin board in the unatco lounge. where the lemon-lime incident occurred, was fairly low resolution in relation to everything else. Same with the medical posters. I'm not sure if those are part of the mod, going to be, or never intended but I just noticed those during the last 4 hours.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DaveW wrote:Like this? ;)

I suppose, really, that should've been in the Launcher readme as well. But it was there :)
Fair enough. :)
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

BoggyP wrote:was fairly low resolution in relation to everything else. Same with the medical posters. I'm not sure if those are part of the mod, going to be, or never intended but I just noticed those during the last 4 hours.
Yes, the new textures are that great, actually. A lot of good news. Some of the bad news is that the low-res textures really stick out against the new textures. Same goes for some of the low-res items against the HDTP items. I can understand why some haven't been touched. The medical augmentation diagrams (for example) would have to be hell to even contemplate trying to make into higher-res.

A question I had in respect to both New Vision and HDTP (probably better to ask for New Vision here and HDTP in the other forum): I know there are unused items, textures, etc within the DX packages that people can pull out and use for mods. Was there an effort to look at doing all the *possible* textures, or just the ones that were known to be in the main DX game?

I don't know a good texture example, but for HDTP and the items a great example to explain what I'm asking is the soda cans. Only one got used in DX, but there were 3 others (I think?) that got used in both Zodiac and TNM. Especially in a collection of these items (like stockrooms or convenience stores), the low-res items are almost ugly in comparison and stick out.

Again I haven't played any mods yet with the current New Vision pack, but with the last release they did indeed look much better! Thanks again for your effort!
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

BoggyP wrote:I also think it said "covernors island" and assumed it was supposed to be "governors island" (may be wrong about this).
2) Not sure if this is really new vision stuff but I noticed that the bulletin board in the unatco lounge. where the lemon-lime incident occurred, was fairly low resolution in relation to everything else. Same with the medical posters. I'm not sure if those are part of the mod, going to be, or never intended but I just noticed those during the last 4 hours.
1) Also noticed that. But it might have been called "Covernor's Island" so I wasn't sure about that.
2) Bulletin board looked great. You mean the one with the Liberty Statue Island on it and all the hints, right? Low-res med screens did point out yes.

Also; at DaveW;
If you're fixing maps, you are using the proper maps and not DX:GOTY maps, right?
http://www.dxm.be/navigator.php5?lang=en&content=202

Would suck to have fixes from Ion Storm unfixed again...
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Would just installing the patch fix these issues?
I'll check it now and let you know, I'm reinstalling as we speak.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
BoggyP
NSF

Post by BoggyP »

Hassat Hunter wrote:
BoggyP wrote:I also think it said "covernors island" and assumed it was supposed to be "governors island" (may be wrong about this).
1) Also noticed that. But it might have been called "Covernor's Island" so I wasn't sure about that.
2) Bulletin board looked great. You mean the one with the Liberty Statue Island on it and all the hints, right? Low-res med screens did point out yes.
1) Exactly. I know Governors Island is a place though.
2) Nope, I mean the one next to the vending machines.
ggrotz wrote:
BoggyP wrote:was fairly low resolution in relation to everything else. Same with the medical posters. I'm not sure if those are part of the mod, going to be, or never intended but I just noticed those during the last 4 hours.
Yes, the new textures are that great, actually. A lot of good news. Some of the bad news is that the low-res textures really stick out against the new textures. Same goes for some of the low-res items against the HDTP items. I can understand why some haven't been touched. The medical augmentation diagrams (for example) would have to be hell to even contemplate trying to make into higher-res.
[/quote]

True, unless someone with some kind of skill and enthusiasm doesn't mind tackling the job :p. I haven't yet learned how to do any kind of image editing and creating. They seem like a lot of work, but they just really stand out in comparison to how bloody beautiful everything else is. Especially the computers in the clinic and medical bay. Those are fantastic, to say the least.
Massaca
NSF

Post by Massaca »

Not sure if these are caused by NV, Kenties .exe or the DX10 renderer as I'm having problems with the latter 2 but I noticed a problem. (the low res and crap quality is due to said problems)

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8020/shot0011w.png
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6491/shot0012a.png
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1253/shot0013c.png
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4722/shot0014o.png

I've never noticed this problem before today but I've never used those three before today. It's probably a problem with Kenties exe and renderer but I figured I'd check here in case someone else got the same issues.
In a world without rules, danmaku is nonsense. ~ Marisa Kirisame
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

I could be wrong, but it looks like Deus Ex is reverting to software rendering. That certainly isn't DirectX 10. Make sure you have the latest DirectX10 installed, or switch to OpenGL.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Really marks how well New Vision improves textures... but probably shouldn't happen.
(watch full-screen, otherwise you won't see the issue!)