One last push

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

One last push

Post by DaveW »

My plan is to release the final version of New Vision next month, so I've started working on a few textures I've missed that show up in a lot of places (or are important in the places they turn up.)

I'm also taking requests in this regard, if you think I should have done a certain texture, post a screenshot of it here.

Jaedar
Illuminati

Re: One last push

Post by Jaedar »

Looks nice
"Delays are temporary; mediocrity is forever."
odio ergo sum
bobby 55
Illuminati

Post by bobby 55 »

Wow!
Growing old is inevitable.......Growing up is optional
DukeNico
Mole Person

Post by DukeNico »

Just a quick note regarding this screenshot : it should say "ENTREE DES CATACOMBES"

And the text omits some " ' ". See: "Ossements de l'ancien cimetière de la Magdeleine", and "Deposes en 1844 dans l'ossuaire de l'ouest ..."

Source: i'm French.

Can't wait to play it :) You've done an awesome job.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Ah, I couldn't make out whether it was DES or CES from the original - cheers for that.

The other text..well, I knew I was doing the accents wrong because I was copying from an image, but I couldn't find the right ones. I only included the ones I did so it looked French :P

Actually, it's probably just that you can't see them at that resolution - there are accents on the text (most of them roughly in the right place, but probably the wrong way around.)
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Just one question, would this "final version" include the remade maps? Or just more textures like this, for example the Jesus cigarettes from the other thread.
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
Salk
UNATCO

Post by Salk »

All Hassan said plus a big thank you for picking this one up again. =D> Will there be an installer this time?

I must tell you, I tested Deus Ex on Windows 7 64 bit with New Vision and 3D Vision together. It was a blast!
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Hassat Hunter wrote:Just one question, would this "final version" include the remade maps? Or just more textures like this, for example the Jesus cigarettes from the other thread.
No new maps, no, that never really got off the ground. I may include a few custom textures in this release in case anyone wanted to try that, though.

Most of the updates are going to be critical textures. I'm thinking of doing the Helios core textures next.

Also, yes I plan to release an installer with it.
Hassat Hunter
Illuminati

Post by Hassat Hunter »

Shame. So no fixing to realigned textures, or textures which got massively blown up (grates mostly IIRC)...
Can somebody tell me how I can get a custom avatar?
Oh wait, I already got one...
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

The grate texture that was at the wrong scale is fixed, that was an error in the texture package. But no alignment fixes, no.
Trasher
UNATCO

Post by Trasher »

Hi Dave, great work as always!

Got a question, are you planning to add 'books' to this texture? http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2039/shot0076e.jpg

Because there used to be books but now after New Vision it's just empty shelves.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

The problem with that texture is I didn't want to put modern books in there because that would look silly..and I couldn't think of enough phony book titles and such to fill the shelves.

If anyone has any ideas though..feel free to post them and maybe I can fill the shelves up.

Edit:

I always hated how these looked before - now the tiling is less obvious. The sub sign still looks retarded because of the texture alignment, though.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

For starters, we could try using names of books from Deus Ex.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UEUwfWfaNHs/T ... ursday.jpg
Maybe. :lol:
Also, TNM had some unique books in it. Maybe use some images related to that?

As for the maps, I did work on fixing some maps but I only did a handful.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

That's a good idea - is there a list of them somewhere?

I'm tempted to go through the maps myself and fix some of the obvious errors. At the very least it would provide a good base for another mapper to come along and add detail.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

I took a screenshot of quite a lot of errors but only implimented few. I can send the images to you (zipped) if you want so we can make alist. I would like to continue that additional detail idea but the fixes need to come first.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.