Beta

Discussion related to the New Vision mod.

Moderator: DaveW

ggrotz
X-51

Re: Beta

Post by ggrotz »

DaveW wrote:Hm, what major bugs? I thought these maps were supposed to eliminate most of the bugs!
The ones that were fixed in the "newer" versions of the maps that got unfixed by reverting to the "older" versions. Like the infinite skill point bug on the keypads at Vandenberg, and the infinite aug bug with Gary Savage at the Ocean Lab.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Those are not mapping related, or some of them might be due to incorrect settings on triggers, but some are due to code issues.I could try and fix the ones that can be fixed in the maps though.

Edit:

Or not, I have quite a lot of homework to do and release of next version of Revision is about a month away. It wouldn't be until after Christmas that I actually got the time. But just extract the missionscripts from Shifter/Human Renovation/Fan patch and compare against vanilla, see what triggers they alter or remove from code and actually do the change in the map instead.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

The aug bug applies to the GOTY release too though, doesn't it? That would just a conversation bug.

Can you think of any other issues? I can use the older version of the maps for any with 'issues' - if it's a problem in the map and not the mission script.
bjorn98009_91
Silhouette

Post by bjorn98009_91 »

Some things like the bot in the UnatcoMJ12lab getting pissed cause you broke a window can be fixed by just removing the AllianceTrigger that pisses the bot off. I think the bug with the inf keypad skill point bug is because some trigger is not set to only trigger once. A part of the solution with Pauls death includes removing a FlagTrigger saying Paul is dead just outside the window.

Again, for the best list I think a decompile of various other projects that fixes all these in code would do the job. I could do all that, just don't right now. A patch could always be made.

This shouldn't interfere with other mods that fixes these things already since you can't delete a thing more than once and it doesn't matter if you change a setting to the same value twice.
Producer and Quality Assurance Manager for Deus Ex: Revision.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Ok...well, to keep things as consistent as possible I'll use the Hong Kong Street / Helibase and Return to NY map from the patch, and the rest I'll modify from the GOTY maps.

The only maps I'm modifying are Area51, the endings, and the Hong Kong club, street, and market. The rest will be left alone.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

The only maps I'm modifying are Area51, the endings, and the Hong Kong club, street, and market. The rest will be left alone.
What are you modifying within them? I know you said about the Dance Floor in the club but what else?

I've been messing around with the maps, parts of the intro annoy me but the AI are so annoying and limited. I definitely prefer the PS2 version of it.
I kinda what aspects of that in it but obviously, that'd be impossible because it's CGI.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

Fixing texture issues, mostly. I've altered the alignment of Helios' texture so it looks more impressive (mostly because I made a fucking awesome animated texture, and the developers don't even use it properly) and added some more flashy lights to the destruction ending. Also fixed some crap texture usage.
nerdenstein
Illuminati

Post by nerdenstein »

Lovely. :P
I look forward to it! It's a shame we can't stick these sort of projects on Steam too. The world needs to see this!
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
ggrotz
X-51

Post by ggrotz »

DaveW wrote:Ok...well, to keep things as consistent as possible I'll use the Hong Kong Street / Helibase and Return to NY map from the patch, and the rest I'll modify from the GOTY maps.

I see that now that I see your installer. The things I mentioned were on maps that weren't out of the old set (the two things I mentioned are explicit problems with those .dx files, which have been confirmed). Hopefully whoever decides to pick up those maps (if from the old set) will think to fix those two problems.
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

Several things here. Flipped textures, odd clipping, possible SD textures (maybe my eyes just suck?). Also some props. The two textures at the end are freaking awesome but for completely different reasons. Let me know if I'm beta testing wrong, don't want to waste my time or yours with results you can't use or don't' care about.
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

tetracycloide wrote:Several things here. Flipped textures, odd clipping, possible SD textures (maybe my eyes just suck?). Also some props. The two textures at the end are freaking awesome but for completely different reasons. Let me know if I'm beta testing wrong, don't want to waste my time or yours with results you can't use or don't' care about.
Well, it's probably a bit redundant with the mod being released on Friday :). But in order:

1 - Yes, that would be impossible without trying to split that surface up manually (not going to happen, for obvious reasons). I think the original had less of a hole in the middle, but I worked with what stock photos I could. Plus as long as you don't look directly at it, like that, it looks better.

2 - Just a general texture misalignment that may not have shown up before.

3 - Again, just texture alignment.

4 - A lot of these console panels are flipped - I guess the devs didn't notice because there was no readable text on the originals.

5 - Same

6 - Same

7 - I didn't do this one because any replacement would probably look crappy, since there's no consistent way it's used that I could plan for.

8 - I may have replaced this using the same stove top that's in the Chateau, but I'm not sure. It's not used often IIRC.

9 - I made this since the beta and it's in the final release

10 - Pretty sure I made this before the release as well, since Bjorn mentioned that it was used a lot.

11 - Basically just a photo of a shipping container

12 - That was some graffiti I found on CGTextures (all of the graffiti is)
tetracycloide
Thug

Post by tetracycloide »

If it's out Friday does that mean the beta is over and I should stop posting stuff?
DaveW
New Vision
New Vision

Post by DaveW »

By out Friday I mean it was released on Friday. It's finished :)
ecs
Thug

Post by ecs »

If you are looking for the best school bag for your kids, then one of the best options would be the ECS school bags for kids. ECS school bag for girls comes with an excellent design for kids. The school bags are available in all sizes to meet the needs of the students.
meerakofficial
Thug

Post by meerakofficial »

Explore the variety of party dresses online at Meerak. Meerak presents the latest collection of party dresses online all over Pakistan at affordable prices. Grab your favorite dress today.