It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:14 am

Game just a little too dark, and I can't lighten it 
Mole Person

Post Game just a little too dark, and I can't lighten it
Hello everyone! Just wanted to say first that New Vision is AMAZING. I have it running alongside HDTP on my copy of Deus Ex, which is running in a wine wrapper on Mac OS X. It all works great.

…except for one thing. When using any new renderers, the game gets really dark. Like, too dark to see a lot of the time. I find myself exhausting my bioelectricity using the light aug all the time!

I can't seem to increase the brightness at all. When using any of the new renderers, the game's built-in brightness setting doesn't work at all; changing the slider has no effect. Ditto for overriding the "gammaOffset" value in the hidden advanced preferences. With the OpenGL renderer, it's really bad. Almost unplayably bad. It's a little bit better with the DX9 renderer found at http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/, but it's still not bright enough IMHO. If I look up, I can't see the clouds moving; the sky is just totally black.

Unfortunately I can't use Kentie's DirectX 10 renderer since it seems that there's no (working, usable) way to get DirectX 10 running in Wine.

Does anybody know what can be done about this?

Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:23 am
Thug

Post Re: Game just a little too dark, and I can't lighten it
Not really a reply, but, seeing as you're [presumably] a Linux user, I should point out that Chris Dohnal has the source code for both OpenGL and D3D9 renderers on his site. Perhaps just do a quick hardcoding hack?

Also, [you probably already know this, but here goes], OpenGL 3D games/applications run much faster under WINE than Direct3D ones.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:26 am
Mole Person

Post Re: Game just a little too dark, and I can't lighten it
Mac user, actually. I'm running Deus Ex in a Wineskin wrapper. Recompiling the Windows OpenGL renderer is something I'm afraid I'm not able to do.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:52 pm